Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2008, 12:11 AM #1
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports Cereal Killerz 2
ycpb supports our troops
soo whos getting it for what?

ok so this is my delima....i want a new system ps3 or 360...and well i dont want to get one that no one plays this game online. soo help me out and just post 360 or ps3 for what you will play it on...

post if you will buy it and play it online not if you have one....thanks

p.s world at war is freakin awsome played at friends house just saying hahaha.

HOUSTON ZONE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 AM #2
Dudu222
Nota2k8r

Dudu222 is BST Trusted
Its pretty much equal for both systems but ill break it down for you.

If you want an amazing online system, with great features, and alot of good, competitive players, go with xbox360, it blows the ps3 online out of the ****ing water. Not to mention xbox has halo, and gears of war.

But keep in mind, xboxs break...alot, i know people who have gone through 3 xboxs, they just are un-reliable.

Now for the ps3

The online mode isnt as good as xbox, its par-say, a lower end xbl type style with the ingame dash and such. There are alot of online players, maybe not as competitive, or as many competitive players, so yea.

Good thing about the ps3, its basically a computer, it has usb slots, cf card slots, sd card slots, you can go on the internet, download movies, music, and photos. Imho it looks sleeker and is more reliable.

BOTH FT
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 AM #3
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports our troops
thats the thing i dont want to have to be sending in my 360 when it breaks but its really cheap...

i dont like halo so prlly only games ill be playing are resistance, cods, pb, and some others...but well see...

the price of the ps3 is what kills me lol

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 AM #4
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Xbox360. I've had my system for awhile and it's still running strong also the graphics are nice, especially on my 52" Plasma HDTV

Last edited by steve_81 : 11-13-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 AM #5
Sicon
Will kill for team!

the newer xbox pro systems have new chips and stuff so you wont get the red ring of death

Originally posted by paintballatt:That's like going through the McDonalds drive-thru, ordering a Big Mac, and then pulling around, paying for it, and then receiving an order of mc nuggets, all because "your money is kinda wrinkled. I don't like the condition it's in, you didn't tell me your pennies were rusted. And no, you can't have your money back, I already put it in the drawer. Be happy with the nuggets or suck one."
Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 AM #6
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Xbox360. I've had my system for awhile and it's still running strong also the graphics are nice, especially on my 52" Plasma HDTV

ahha hell yea i got a 60...its the size of my freakin WALL lol...i gotta turn my head to look on the other side of the field or scenerio

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 11-13-2008, 06:56 AM #7
stevens23

stevens23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stevens23 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudu222 View Post

If you want an amazing online system, with great features, and alot of good, competitive players, go with xbox360, it blows the ps3 online out of the ****ing water. Not to mention xbox has halo, and gears of war.

But keep in mind, xboxs break...alot, i know people who have gone through 3 xboxs, they just are un-reliable.

Now for the ps3

The online mode isnt as good as xbox, its par-say, a lower end xbl type style with the ingame dash and such. There are alot of online players, maybe not as competitive, or as many competitive players, so yea.

Good thing about the ps3, its basically a computer, it has usb slots, cf card slots, sd card slots, you can go on the internet, download movies, music, and photos. Imho it looks sleeker and is more reliable.

Really? Xboxs' break alot? I honestly haven't heard that. I've had mine for - well since they first came out. Never had a problem except that power cable recall. I do have a friend that had the 3 ring of death on his- once. I didn't think it was a big problem though.

I had a ps2 and it messed up on me by not reading discs so many times I lost my temper and smashed it on some concrete. I felt so much better. Since I've heard nothing really bad about ps3's I've been planning on buying 1 of them this Christmas. I figure its been out long enough, price has dropped and no major problems, etc...

Thanks for the info.

edit: Does ps3 have online gaming? What do you need to buy additional to play online? - like for xbox It has a cable it comes with, but you can buy a wireless adapter for $100 and then $50 a year to be online. WII is just all built in. And free to go online but costs to download more games etc....

Last edited by stevens23 : 11-13-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 AM #8
Trimmer

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Trimmer plays in the PSP
Trimmer is playing at Living Legends VII
Trimmer plays in the APPA D5 division
Trimmer supports Empire
there's already a thread with a poll made up
Old 11-13-2008, 03:47 PM #9
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports our troops
yea saw that after i made this....but wateva..

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 11-13-2008, 03:50 PM #10
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens23 View Post
Really? Xboxs' break alot? I honestly haven't heard that. I've had mine for - well since they first came out. Never had a problem except that power cable recall. I do have a friend that had the 3 ring of death on his- once. I didn't think it was a big problem though.

I had a ps2 and it messed up on me by not reading discs so many times I lost my temper and smashed it on some concrete. I felt so much better. Since I've heard nothing really bad about ps3's I've been planning on buying 1 of them this Christmas. I figure its been out long enough, price has dropped and no major problems, etc...

Thanks for the info.

edit: Does ps3 have online gaming? What do you need to buy additional to play online? - like for xbox It has a cable it comes with, but you can buy a wireless adapter for $100 and then $50 a year to be online. WII is just all built in. And free to go online but costs to download more games etc....

the first ps2 had problems you see they were made with three lenses a blue one for blue games, dvd one, and normal games, they would one by one break down....ending with it not working at all...thats why they came out with the new slim one that one works like a charm.

ps3 has wirless installed and connects to your internet no extra fees....sept your cable provider thats why i like that one.....

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 11-13-2008, 04:14 PM #11
Borg_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycpb View Post
ps3 has wirless installed and connects to your internet no extra fees....sept your cable provider thats why i like that one.....
Exactly, that's one of the main reasons I went with the PS3. $400 for an 80GB, with the Xbox 360 with a 60GB hard drive is $300. Pay for two years of online for the 360 and now they cost the exact same! Not to mention the PS3 has a Blu-Ray player (~$200-300 feature).
Old 11-13-2008, 04:23 PM #12
pbfrk18

pbfrk18 supports Cereal Killerz 2
pbfrk18 donated to help Peyton Trent
pbfrk18 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
also free online with ps3 but ive been ahvin probs connectin to ppl play cod4....but i think thats just my internet
Old 11-13-2008, 04:39 PM #13
iRoNiQ

The XBox 360 online will be far more active than the PS3 online for this game. That's pretty evident from the already existing poll here and the amount of teams signed up on Gamebattles.com.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM #14
Forestballa

Ive owned all 3 systems, and I would go for the 360. The arcade system is dirt cheap, and the red ring problem has for the most part been solved. I have a launch system. Usually the grahpics are a little better on the 360. IMO there are better exclusives, but the PS3 is pretty tempting too. THe ps3 is a really good multimedia system, with the Blu ray player and everything. If your more into games than anything, definitely get a 360. If you are looking for a good multimedia system, that will play Blu ray discs and everything get a PS3. ALso the xbox has better backwards compatibility, as the PS3 does not have the backwards compatible chip anymore.

Last edited by Forestballa : 11-13-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM #15
PbLoSeR05
CodyB

PbLoSeR05 is a Paintball photographer
PbLoSeR05 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
PbLoSeR05 is Legendary
Quote:

Now for the ps3

For the most part, they've fixed the RROD on the xboxs..

Houston Heat
PhotoMOB
Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM #16
Borg_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestballa View Post
Ive owned all 3 systems, and I would go for the 360. The arcade system is dirt cheap, and the red ring problem has for the most part been solved. I have a launch system. Usually the grahpics are a little better on the 360. IMO there are better exclusives, but the PS3 is pretty tempting too. THe ps3 is a really good multimedia system, with the Blu ray player and everything. If your more into games than anything, definitely get a 360. If you are looking for a good multimedia system, that will play Blu ray discs and everything get a 360. ALso the xbox has better backwards compatibility, as the PS3 does not have the backwards compatible chip anymore.
I spot a funny typo
Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 PM #17
Faber7 (Banned)

Quote:

Now for the ps3

Xbox's don't break anymore. Your an idiot.

360 will be able to play Blueray's with the additional player their adding.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:32 PM #18
Hoffmann_21
COLTS:9-4

XBOX 360.
the price of the game?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 PM #19
jawrocker101
**NEED A xbox360**

go with ps3 had it for two years no problem my freind jus got his xbox two moths ago an it got the rrod whlie we were play guitar hero
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 PM #20
Javio.
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faber7 View Post
Xbox's don't break anymore. Your an idiot.

360 will be able to play Blueray's with the additional player their adding.
No they still break, I know a lot of people that have had the so called "Newer" 360s and there just as bad.
For you question I would go with the PS3.
I dont have a ps3 but everybody that I know that has one says that it is super reliable.
Also the online is free so thats always a plus.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:40 PM #21
jawrocker101
**NEED A xbox360**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javio. View Post
No they still break, I know a lot of people that have had the so called "Newer" 360s and there just as bad.
For you question I would go with the PS3.
I dont have a ps3 but everybody that I know that has one says that it is super reliable.
Also the online is free so thats always a plus.