Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM #1
PaintballTourney2

Oklahoma Fields Wanting To Host An Event!

If you are a field in Oklahoma and you are interested in hosting an event for the 2009 MPS Season, please email me the following information to paintballtourney@cox.net . I will collect emails from interested fields for the next few weeks and evaluate them all equally. I will make my decision based on what I feel will be the best option for the series.

Thank you,

Dan

1. Does your field have insurance?
2. Does your field have HPA fills and CO2 fills to accommodate a 5man tournament with 4500 psi fills?
3. Does your field have means to a 5man air ball field? (Email me pictures of this field to paintballtourney@cox.net)
4. Does your field have means to two smaller air ball fields? (Email me pictures of these fields to paintballtourney@cox.net)
5. Do you have safety netting that will surround all areas of these mentioned fields that will protect spectators?
6. Do you have space for adequate parking and staging for the players?
7. Do you have concessions at your field?
8. Do you have a restroom facility at your field?
9. Is your field indoors or outdoors?
10. What is the playing surface like at your field? Your options are 1) All Dirt 2) Mostly dirt/Some grass 3) Mostly grass/Some dirt 4) All Grass 5) Mixture of Sand/Grass or Sand/Dirt
11. Where is your field located?
12. What is the name of your field?
13. Has your field sent sponsored teams to any past MPS events? If so, which events and what was the team’s name?
14. Do you plan on sending any sponsored teams to any MPS events in the 2009 season?
15. How far of a drive is it from your field to the nearest accommodations such as hotels, food, gas, entertainment, etc.?
16. If you hosted an event, who would ref your event and how much reffing experience does this team/players have?
17. Would you be willing to donate any prizes to be given away to the players as part of the free prize giveaway drawing? If so, what would you be willing to donate?
18. If you did host an event, what means do you have access to that would help promote the event? (i.e., email lists, forums, etc.)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM #2
iTz AuStIn
GBR

not from OK but i thought the 3 man side of Choctaw was fun. I'd like to see another event there
Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 AM #3
PaintballTourney2

I’m not ruling out Choctaw… but they must bid like everyone else. Choctaw has an advantage because I already know their setup and what they have to work with.

I was approached by about 6 different OK fields in the 08 season wanting to host an event… and so far, I haven’t heard from an OK field since I posted this thread. Where is everyone at!

You OK players start spreading the word to the OK fields and have them get their bids in… I need to resolve this ASAP.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM #4
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Have you tried contacting them in person? It could be they don't know the thread is here.

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Malitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM #5
PaintballTourney2

Well, part of the test is to see which OK Fields look at this forum. All the OK fields should be on the Email List... so if they read my emails, then they know about this forum. So in that regard, I guess they failed I will try and contact them in person.

thanks,

Dan
Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 PM #6
PaintballTourney2

I got onto PBNations Field Listings for OK and these are the fields located in the Tulsa area and OKC area…. These are the fields that I could see hosting an event based off of location alone if they are interested:

- Rapid Fire Paintball
- Firestorm Paintball
- Thundermoon Paintball
- Paintball Adventures
- Adventure zone
- Dodge City Paintball
- Adventure World Indoor Paintball
- Paintball Club of Choctaw
- Redlands Paintball Field
- N5 Paintball
- Grind Paintball

These fields were not able to host events in the past when contacted so therefore, these fields will not be contacted unless things have changed since last contact:
- Paintball Land
- D-Day Adventure Park
Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM #7
aScreamingYeti
SD Pirates!

aScreamingYeti plays in the PSP
aScreamingYeti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aScreamingYeti plays in the APPA D3 division
please god, lets not do another event without grass....not fun for any one
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 PM #8
PaintballTourney2

I havn't heard from any OK fields... maybe they DON'T want to host any events
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM #9
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I've had this thread up for almost 2 months and not a single OK field has contacted me about hosting an event. I know they see this because I have a similar post on the OK forum.

I've had a MO field just contact me and I'm going to see what they have to offer and if I like what I see, it may be that I go back to one event in OK and another in MO. this field that contacted me is in Southern MO so it will still be a lot more accomodating to you OK teams than it was when we were in northern mo.

I'll let you all know more when I know more.

Dan
MPS_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:32 PM #10
bigred071092 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post
I got onto PBNations Field Listings for OK and these are the fields located in the Tulsa area and OKC area…. These are the fields that I could see hosting an event based off of location alone if they are interested:

- Rapid Fire Paintball
- Firestorm Paintball
- Thundermoon Paintball
- Paintball Adventures
- Adventure zone
- Dodge City Paintball
- N5 Paintball
- Grind Paintball

These fields were not able to host events in the past when contacted so therefore, these fields will not be contacted unless things have changed since last contact:
- Paintball Land
- D-Day Adventure Park
rapidfire= temoprality closed
firestorm=closed
thundermoon=no airball field/not enough room for one/and no netting
paintball adventures=no airball field/mostly dirt right now
and i dont know the other fields except for paintball club of choctaw and they have nice fields i would deffinitally contact them about hosting an event there.
bigred071092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM #11
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred071092 View Post
rapidfire= temoprality closed
firestorm=closed
thundermoon=no airball field/not enough room for one/and no netting
paintball adventures=no airball field/mostly dirt right now
and i dont know the other fields except for paintball club of choctaw and they have nice fields i would deffinitally contact them about hosting an event there.
Thanks... let me update my list.

I'm not opposed to going back to PCOC and I did have Dodge City contact me but I sent them the questions and haven't heard back. I've also been told to check with Adventure Zone. Any advice from you on which of these 3 fields I should go to?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:16 PM #12
bigred071092 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
Thanks... let me update my list.

I'm not opposed to going back to PCOC and I did have Dodge City contact me but I sent them the questions and haven't heard back. I've also been told to check with Adventure Zone. Any advice from you on which of these 3 fields I should go to?
well i havent been to dodge city or adventure zone but i do know that when all the tulsa players want a good practice and a good field to play on they all go to pcoc and get a turnout of like 15 teams with like a week and a half notice so just my opinion and they always make the 2 hour trip cuz its well worth it.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:18 PM #13
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

My only reluctance to going back to PCOC is because of all the teams I had last season complaining about the reffing. I need some assurance that the reffing situation has improved since last season at that field.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM #14
bigred071092 (Banned)

Quote:
My only reluctance to going back to PCOC is because of all the teams I had last season complaining about the reffing. I need some assurance that the reffing situation has improved since last season at that field.
that is something i cannot assure you but i can ask around and think what the people i play with think.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM #15
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Updated possible list...

Quote:
- Adventure zone
- Dodge City Paintball
- N5 Paintball
- Grind Paintball
Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM #16
Darkwulf
Pops!

Darkwulf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey Dan bigmike81 in the OK forum is the man in charge of PCOC right now. If you have any questions you may shoot him a PM here on the nation.

Invert Paintball
Boss Paintball
Originally posted by FatalKitty: edward norton rox my sox
Originally posted by Ninja 1058: the more you play with it, the more you know how it operates and such
Originally posted by pballin16: Not at all, and I just played with mine a few hours ago.
Darkwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 PM #17
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I've removed Grind paintball from the list. That appears to be an indoor field and from the looks of things is only about 50' wide.

I removed Adventure World because when I look at their website, I don't see any sort of an air ball field at their outdoor location. I'm not sure what their indoor facility is like. Does anyone else know?

I've also removed Redlands Paintball and N5. I couldn't find any sort of a website or any other information on these two fields when I googled them.

Updated list...

Quote:
- Adventure zone
- Dodge City Paintball
So it looks like the toss up is between Dodge City Paintball and PCOC and Adventure Zone

Can I get some input from you OK players on which field you would prefer?

Dan

Updated list
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM #18
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

On adventure zone, I'm not too impressed on the picture they have on their website for their air field....

Does anyone know if they still have this same field and all the mud and standing water?

dan
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM #19
OkBaller
Leik OMG

OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Ya, I think AZ is still like that. And DC doesn't have much but not totally sure. I can go over to the OK forum and start a new thread or you can.. It doesn't sound like many other OKers come to the forum....
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:51 AM #20
gimpy622
mr insomina

Hmm, well just a thought I am from AR, and I know my team will be in this series and will be our first time, that aside, you might give wild Wild World a call, they just got nice grass on there speedball feild last year, and have a 5 man, sup airball feild. This is all in North West AR.
gimpy622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 PM #21
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

Quote:
On adventure zone, I'm not too impressed on the picture they have on their website for their air field....

Does anyone know if they still have this same field and all the mud and standing water?

dan
Dan, Adventure Zone looks nothing like this old picture now. That picture has to be years old. The field just bought 19 new bunkers to go along with the old ones. There are sufficient bunkers to host an event. You would need to talk to Skinny about it though.
rubiusbeer40 is offline   Reply With Quote