Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-24-2001, 08:44 PM #1
Ballin' Paint
James

has been a member for 10 years
Its World Cup, wheres the H.A.L.O

They said it would be out by now, is it?
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2001, 10:13 PM #2
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

Unhappy HALOless

I contacted National Paintball Supply today and they said at least another week before they had any. (Of course, they have been telling me that for 3 weeks now.) If anyone knows where to get one now, PLEASE let us know.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:07 AM #3
phillytec
Black OUT

Mid November is what i heard
Old 10-25-2001, 02:08 AM #4
Phantasm
I loved Slamball

I herd a week after the cup from my local proshop.
Chrome CP Flame Dropforward
Old 10-25-2001, 10:34 AM #5
1Hailstorm
Proud American

You know National is acting a woman who is never going to give it up. I have been waiting and waiting. All I can sya is I am glad I didn't prepay somewhere to get one. This kinda tells me two things. One they keep having problems. two at least they are try to fix the problems.
I just hope they plan to offer good support for there product. It will really suck if we get them and they nothing more than a paint blender.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:39 PM #6
BMJoker

BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
none of you will be so excited about a HALO when it goes down in the big game, and you can't even shake, and bake it. Look at Lasoya in the Gettysburg vid. Civil War baby!!
Old 10-25-2001, 03:10 PM #7
phillytec
Black OUT

where can I download that video???
Old 10-25-2001, 04:16 PM #8
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is playing at Living Legends VII
TreyV is Legendary
Dude, Gettysburgh was 6 months ago.

Um, Gettysburgh was _six months_ ago. He was using a prototype. That's _one_ instance of a failure. They held off release after IAO, even though the thing seemed to work fine, to do some design changes. And now you're sure the thing sucks?
Old 10-25-2001, 07:44 PM #9
Reciprocity

--Begin Speculation--

I have no proof of any of the following but, my best guess is that design changes where made to make sure they didnt have any patent problems. I also think they had to wait for all their patents to be completed. I just noticed on there site the patent number that I dont remember seeing it there before just this week. I also noticed that they call there photo eye, a reflective ball detector. If it works based on reflection and detects the presence of a ball, instead of the lack of a ball, then it would satisify any patent problems they might have with BE. And using a eye instead of a filament would protect them from any problems they might have with Rico2k.

--End Speculation--

Either way, it looks to be a damn fine product. My only worry is that it will make soup in my hopper which would be worse then any paintball chop or barrel break. I know there are ways to detect if the motor is getting to much resistance and have it shut down, but that would probably take some extra engineering and programming. I would rather see the product come out finished then needing an upgrade in 3 months.

The advantages I see are not so much the speed with which it feeds balls, but the consistancy. Agragators will allways feed more consistantly then Agitators(sp) that only clear jams. It should also feed much beter when the marker is tilted at a slight angle, cuase it sorts balls and places them over the top of the feedtube so that gravity can feed them. Agitators just push balls around so that they dont jam up and can sometimes push them away from the feed tube if the marker is tilted at an angle. In the real world you dont fire your marker level every time.

Just my 2 sents.
Excal #200 with New Board and New LED Tray.
Shocktech Rail Drop Forward.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 10-25-2001, 11:00 PM #10
grones

one of my friends down at the cup right now said they got into legal trouble with brass eagle and are taking it to court. they also said it wont come out for quite a while longer because of that.

later
Old 10-26-2001, 10:42 AM #11
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is playing at Living Legends VII
TreyV is Legendary
As far as the patent...

I read their patent in july. I'll have to look at it when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it went through considerably earlier this year, because I remember it had a # assigned and everything. They may have filed Another patent in the meantime.

As far as blending paint, in the patent it described using circuitry to detect when the feeder was jamming by sensing when the motor draw was skyrocketing and then telling it to reverse and unjam itself. Whether or not they managed to implement that remains to be seen.

As far as legal action by BE, that sounds along the lines of what I heard was going to happen. BE was just going to bide their time and wait till Odyssey released it, and then hit them with the lawsuit (and get some sort of injunction.)

If they start shipping before christmas, I'll be amazed. If they get them out before the start of next season, I'll be impressed.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:51 PM #12
Shaggey
Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Reciprocity
Just my 2 sents.
You do mean cents, no?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:39 AM #13
SLICEnDICE
TBA Manager

Exclamation HALO problems

A friend of mine that attended the world cut talked to the makes of the HALO. He told me that they were having some legal problems with brass eagle. As you all know the HALO inventers are former employees of view loader who is owned by brass eagle. I also heard the there is a possible issue between the design of the HALO and there evolution (a legal issue) I wouldn't be supprised if brass eagle claimed that the HALO inventers were working on their loader while at view loader and trying to use that issue to make a claim on the HALO. That's just some of the things that I heard about the HALO and I thought everyone should know.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:28 PM #14
astroboy
Team Sabotage

Hailstorm: way to objectify women and make a bad analogy at the same time.
Old 10-31-2001, 02:36 PM #15
Stitched2Gether

Well, I guess everyone has a friend that was at WC and heard something a little different. My friend talked to someone who is somehow associated with Odyssey (I can't remember how - friend, employee, team member, etc.). The guy he talked to had a HALO and my friend said it looked way better in person.

Anyway, what my friend heard from this guy is that they were delayed because they are waiting on materials for the shell I believe. If what he told my friend is true, then all those people complaining about it being heavy will be happy because it's supposed to be 9 oz. lighter due to this material. That's over half a pound!

For those who want to know, my friend played on Total Eclipse (Amateur B).
so-le-noid, n: not solinoid (I'm guilty of that one) or selinoid
Old 10-31-2001, 03:09 PM #16
1Hailstorm
Proud American

Thankyou astro
Old 10-31-2001, 10:19 PM #17
Kneedragger
Asphalt Junkie

LOL, this is like reading the National Inquirer. At the very least some of this needs to go on the Urban Legends web site.

The simple fact is, the mold for the body is what's holding up production. Originally the machine co. that's cutting it quoted a time that would have enabled us to release the loader by the Cup. They were off by a month.

In regards to BE, they are the only people that know what BE is planning on doing. I seriously doubt they have been sharing that information with any of your friends out there. If your friends are telling you different, I suggest you never buy land from them Regardless of what BE is planning to do, it never has had any impact on our production.

We have made changes throughout our prototyping phase, after all that's why you prototype, to improve the final product.

Now then, if everything goes as planned, full production should begin the middle of Nov. Of course there could very well be some snags since Thanksgiving falls just a bit after that, it's a wait and see thing.
Old 11-01-2001, 03:11 PM #18
1Hailstorm
Proud American

Now thats seems like a reasonable cause for the delay. I hope things work out. Cuz I am waiting . Everyone knows every ANGEL needs a HALO
Old 11-08-2001, 02:57 AM #19
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Rob_AGD is a Supporting Member
Rob_AGD donated to help Peyton Trent
Rob_AGD helped look for balloons
Rob_AGD is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob_AGD supports Pev's Paintball
Ok guys considering the Halo guys spent a TON of time my the AGD booth I hope I can clear out a few things.

#1 MOSt of the HALO delays in shipping have been due to mold changes. These can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to fix test and sample.

#2 The current delay is the Shell and battery cover. The weight differnace is due to a material change in the shell and using the Lithium Batteries. There was a Change to the 2 weeks before Cup.

#3 There was some refinment in the drive train. This required the finding suppliers of teh new part and testing.

#4 The Blender thing. The un jam feature is in, if the draw is too high on the motor it gets cycled back 3 times and trys again. I tested this with my finger, it was neato. I had fun helping build the demo unit with the warp feed HALO combo. Trust me the changes are worth the wait.

The guys at Oddessy are making a quality product that will come the excellent tech support. Remember Tex was a Viewloader guy when Viewloader Rocked and he wants to see that kind of support for the HALOs. So expect to see Chris and Tex working the booths at events to help out the players.

Anyways, they will be here soon....

-Robert