PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2009, 03:16 AM #1
jgilk1
read my sig

32* pt xtreme

i just purchased a *32 pt extreme pistol the previous owner stated had a barrel leak come with a brand new never opened rebuild kit.. so i gassed it up using a blank cartridge and a tank.... and yep leak really bad... still fires though ??? who knows

any way pulled the new valve out of the package oiled the o-rings and a drop through the hole in the side of the cartridge and re-installed everything gassed it up the brand new valve out of the rebuild kit leaks less but none the less still leaks...

i have inspected the valve for wear and there is none the cup seal looks brand new on both valves....

any clue as to how i could either soften or rejuvenate these cup seals?
jgilk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2009, 11:23 AM #2
Monkeyboy13
Like-a-SoOoOmboOoOoOdeee!

it's leaking out the barrel only right? One trick you might want to try is cocking the gun before airing it up. My PT will leak like a beast if you don't cock it before you air it up. Just keep messing with the cup seal and see what it does if it still leaks

Autococker, the true test of simple intelligence.
Did you pass?

Have a broken gun? pm me

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Monkeyboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:58 PM #3
jgilk1
read my sig

yeah i always cock a marker before i air it up so it's not the hammer/striker weight keeping it open

i have got one of the valves working took a little tinkering....

next question is once the magazine has about 2 balls left in it it launches off it does not seem normal but i just wanted to ask
jgilk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:10 PM #4
Drayven

One other thing to possibly check on this....I've noticed that the co2 carts with the ring at the lip (like crossman) leak all the time on my PT Jr. Find the ones with the smooth tip, cock it, and it should be fine.

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote