Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-28-2005, 08:42 AM #43
Pballphreak812
Love my Ion.

me and my freind are starting a five man and were broke, dont have a team name and would like sugestions on team names and how to get sponsered

Ninja Black Ion!!
45/45 PMI Pure Energy
Pballphreak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2005, 09:25 PM #44
PCPwhisper (Banned)
Banned

those are some goooood tips

imma go use them... : /
PCPwhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:51 PM #45
Tipmann1001

yeah i'm going to start a team wit my friends

Brian
Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 PM #46
somebody123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballremix
Author: Paintball Magazine

Team Practices are a must, both private ones with your team and scrimmages with other teams. These are my suggestions for you and your team, to improve performance thorughout the year.

1. Practice at different playing fields with different layout; practice on woodland and concept fields.

2. If you have two squads, practice against each other. Other teams are good to scrimmage, too, because they will give you a different look. Have you second squad try all kinds of plays including the unusual ones.

3. Practice using different drills, game situations and scenarios. Have your front players play back and your cover players play up front. THis is so they appreciate one another's roles. It teaches a valuable lesson: one type of player cannot win without the other.

4. Make sure your team is prepared logistically off the field as well as being ready to play on the field. Some teams practice the weekend before a tournament; some teams do not for fear of injury. My Team, Team Remix, always practices the weekend before a tournament. Check and double check batteries, lenses, chrono speeds, all the details need to be checked ahead of time.

5. Be sure to send in the entry fee and roster before the deadline. Sometimes an event will not let you pay on the day of the event, and you will have wasted the trip and travel money.

6. Get to the tournament site at least a day before you play so you can "walk" the fields. Learn the fields for offensive and defensive play, and run your team from both flag stations to see how long it takes to ge to key bunkers. Plan tactics and strategy. Go over this several times privately away from the field.

7. The morning of the tournament make sure everyone is at the site at least 2 hours before play. Find a staging area, and get your paint and air while other team members set up a canopy. If you don't have a canoopy, and the field has tents or pavilions, send two teammates to the site extra early to reserve a spot for the rest of your players. This is especially good if it starts to rain!

Play hard, watch scores and rotate in alternates if you want or need to. Play fair, play safe, and no fighting. Also remember: NO CHEATING whatsoever.

Critique each of your games when it is over and get ready for the next game right away. There may be very quick turn-a-rounds and you cannot afford to forfeit any game.

Off Season

During the off-season keep in touch with your players, and have team mettings and get-togethers. Work on sponsorships and moneymaking ideas. Make a schedule of tournaments you want to do in the upcoming season. Play all year if you can; you can scale back in the off-season, but DON'T QUIT.

Where the weather is cold and wet, go to indoor fields to practice and play. Always be scouting for players.

These tips should help you from your beginning all the way to a formidable competion paintball team.

[IMG]http://www.*************/index.php?a=click&id=86247[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*************/index.php?a=click&id=86247[/IMG]
somebody123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:05 PM #47
PaintKnight
Team-Extreme Rush

Hey REMIX i needed some help on stuff so can you PM me with your AIM or make it so i can PM you thx

"Threw the destruction of our enemies we gain salvation"
PaintKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:31 PM #48
Ymesss
boot me

Annual Supporting Member
Ymesss plays in the PSP
Ymesss supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevineckert
i know a good site for drills it is calld www.webdogradio.us go there and watch both seasons of the tip clips
I second this link.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:59 PM #49
yuikIsMyIdol
http://brettfavre.ytmnd.c

Quote:

Play hard, watch scores and rotate in alternates if you want or need to. Play fair, play safe, and no fighting. Also remember: NO CHEATING whatsoever.

ok well my advice that i know that works is learn how to cheate together, now this may sound wrong which it is but... 90% of paintballers claim they never have cheated but i have, bye either shooting hot and not chronoing even though they knew it, having alittle bounce here and there, taking that pointless dive to the bunker in front of yours to wipe off the paint. Seriously your gunna go up against cheaters some may not cheat that much some may cheat 24/7 learn to fight fire with fire. Learn how to wipe, without getting caught learn to communicate about where the refs are and who they cant see and make up words or speak in another langue (we speak spanish) to let one and other when its safe to wipe ect. Also learn how to work with your teamates to make it look like the other guy got shot first even though that probally didnt happen. Example some runs through to bunker you and your at your own center 40 and your team8 is at left 40. dont shoot him just have ur team8 pick him up and make it look like he was shot first (easier to show in real life).
Also dont pick the best ballers in the area because that can lead to bad drama. Get a team with people who work together well. Do things with ur team8s off the field party it up, live it up ....
Have a leader and know who your go 2 guys are. The worst thing is a team without a leader. A strong leader=a steady plan that will slmost always try to get achomplished. You cant have everyone doing their own thing on the field. Also know who your go to guys are. EX: you playmakers.
Who makes the sacrifices if someone has to sit out for a hot gun it better not be your key playmaker. Know your order of each of your team memembers importance meaning if you have a team of 8 know who your top 5 are so on game day there is no debating who sits/plays.
Have fun, odds are your probally wont et sponsered or win whatever torny your in so make sure you make the best of it.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:15 PM #50
moist325

nice tips

My FeedBack: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post17996825
moist325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:27 PM #51
SnOwBLiFe07
No Guts? No Glory!

very helpful. great article

SnOwBLiFe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 AM #52
twigg

Quote:

Team Practices are a must, both private ones with your team and scrimmages with other teams. These are my suggestions for you and your team, to improve performance thorughout the year.

1. Practice at different playing fields with different layout; practice on woodland and concept fields.

2. If you have two squads, practice against each other. Other teams are good to scrimmage, too, because they will give you a different look. Have you second squad try all kinds of plays including the unusual ones.

3. Practice using different drills, game situations and scenarios. Have your front players play back and your cover players play up front. THis is so they appreciate one another's roles. It teaches a valuable lesson: one type of player cannot win without the other.

4. Make sure your team is prepared logistically off the field as well as being ready to play on the field. Some teams practice the weekend before a tournament; some teams do not for fear of injury. My Team, Team Remix, always practices the weekend before a tournament. Check and double check batteries, lenses, chrono speeds, all the details need to be checked ahead of time.

5. Be sure to send in the entry fee and roster before the deadline. Sometimes an event will not let you pay on the day of the event, and you will have wasted the trip and travel money.

6. Get to the tournament site at least a day before you play so you can "walk" the fields. Learn the fields for offensive and defensive play, and run your team from both flag stations to see how long it takes to ge to key bunkers. Plan tactics and strategy. Go over this several times privately away from the field.

7. The morning of the tournament make sure everyone is at the site at least 2 hours before play. Find a staging area, and get your paint and air while other team members set up a canopy. If you don't have a canoopy, and the field has tents or pavilions, send two teammates to the site extra early to reserve a spot for the rest of your players. This is especially good if it starts to rain!

Critique each of your games when it is over and get ready for the next game right away. There may be very quick turn-a-rounds and you cannot afford to forfeit any game.

Off Season

During the off-season keep in touch with your players, and have team mettings and get-togethers. Work on sponsorships and moneymaking ideas. Make a schedule of tournaments you want to do in the upcoming season. Play all year if you can; you can scale back in the off-season, but DON'T QUIT.

Where the weather is cold and wet, go to indoor fields to practice and play. Always be scouting for players.

These tips should help you from your beginning all the way to a formidable competion paintball team.

this should go in the regional players forum because if you have noticed that this is a recreational forum.

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/91A49813-AF...8E5E1CA185.jpgClick here to see Video
twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:41 AM #53
Tru Solija
Not a 2K6er

where do you find tournys? i look at my home field and there is only one every 6 months, is there a site? pm me if someone knows ill lose this thread
** Proto M5 want Shockers
** WTB: Dye hyper 2,jt teams, dye prac. jersey, V35
** Small Sale
3 Pages of 100% Positive Feedback, just ask for it.
Tru Solija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:23 PM #54
LENNY6969

you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon-eyes
me and my brother are starting a team he is only 9 so would he be allowed to play in tournaments?
you are werid
LENNY6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:24 PM #55
Smart Parts Player12

good info man
Old 07-22-2006, 09:33 PM #56
Whoelse
Spray and Pray

it doesnt help me. im not on a team. lol
Whoelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:48 PM #57
Da'Crunk'dOutRedneck
Contracted to gog fools

very helpful...
-East Coast Ballas #79-
-Matty Marshall Fan Club #84-
-Billy Bernacchia Fan Club #29-
Da'Crunk'dOutRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:03 PM #58
LBPBCLUB
wat u talkin bout *****

hi
Old 12-26-2006, 01:47 PM #59
onefoothotdog

thanks for the tips do u sugest any drils for a 3 man team? (we have 2 squads) pm me please
onefoothotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:59 PM #60
Bucketheadpb

great read

sticky it

"Originally posted by paintballer777: My dad is in the room....What if I would have clicked it and some girl is crapping on herself in a bathtub"

"Originally posted by EmpireEmperor: It's not like he hasn't seen your mom's website before."
Bucketheadpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:04 PM #61
chaosclanballer
Chaos Clan Paintball

Thank you
Dylan Graber
Dead Reckoning #12
chaosclanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:34 PM #62
Contract_Killer121
G-CODE!

Contract_Killer121 helped look for balloons
Contract_Killer121 is playing at Living Legends III
me and my friends started a 5 man team and this healped allot thx
Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 PM #63
D.M.

I started a team...pbnation helped alot. I recruited 2 solid players here.
My Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post30665413
Maryland Balla #23
D.M. is offline   Reply With Quote