Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is playing at Living Legends VIII
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Injuries - How they happen and How to prevent them

We see a lot of injuries in paintball. Most are minor, like a bruise from being shot. But some can be pretty awful like broken bones.

Post an injury you have incurred, how it happened, and what you have done to prevent it from happening again.

This happened when I was sliding into a bunker playing woodsball. My shin hit a small hidden stump. I got such a bad gouge because I was only wearing jeans.

It took weeks to heal completely, and three years later you can bet I still have a scar.

I bought paintball pants before the next time I played. I always make sure the pants I buy have long knee pads built in that run all the way down to my ankles. I have slid into a few more stumps, roots, and rocks since then with little more than a bruise or scraped skin.

[IMG][/IMG]
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2015, 04:03 PM #2
conorq7

conorq7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
conorq7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
conorq7 supports Empire
I took an arrow to the knee...

Irish Pride
conorq7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:44 PM #3
C0lin

C0lin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I was putting my barrel cover on and next thing you know a ball flies out and hits me point blank in the hand. Left a scar to this day. I just need a pair of gloves and I should be fine.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:06 PM #4
Ego_Trip
✚ TK Crew ✚

Ego_Trip supports Team VICIOUS
Ego_Trip is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation

Broke my knee cap, I need to remember to ALWAYS wear my knee pads.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 AM #5
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorq7 View Post
I took an arrow to the knee...
This is why I keep telling fields just because we wear pads does not mean they can hold archery tournaments on the next field over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0lin View Post
Well I was putting my barrel cover on and next thing you know a ball flies out and hits me point blank in the hand. Left a scar to this day. I just need a pair of gloves and I should be fine.
I always turn my gun off before I put the barrel cover on. I have never shot myself in the hand, but I have a habit of shooting a ball with the cover on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego_Trip View Post
Broke my knee cap, I need to remember to ALWAYS wear my knee pads.
If I forget knee pads I either buy new ones at the field or focus on not sliding all day.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 AM #6
assaultm4

Broke a toe running up a hill.... I dont even know how I did it might of stubed it on a rock or a hole..so look where you run I guess
assaultm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 AM #7
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Recently tore my MCL from making very sudden, planting stops at the end of breakouts (this has also happened to numerous friends of mine in other sports, same reason). Planting your foot to stop is not the best idea, and when I get back to it I'll be sure to work on the "shuffle stop". Instead of putting a massive amount of pressure on one foot to stop yourself, breakdown like a wide receiver making a cut- many small jabs.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:47 PM #8
C0lin

C0lin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I always turn my gun off before I put the barrel cover on. I have never shot myself in the hand, but I have a habit of shooting a ball with the cover on.*
Mechanical gun. Also it was because the air tank was making that machine gun noise and so I was putting my barrel cover on and it make the sound a second time and that shot me.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 PM #9
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintzapper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Back in 08 playing a 24 hour game, I slid and slammed my left knee into a rock hidden by the leaves. Thankfully the paintball pants I was wearing (Diablo D13) had some built in padding. As I was in game mode it didn't register that I had an injury. So I kept playing the rest of the weekend, my left leg would give out on me and I would tumble.

Now my knee clicks at me if I move it at its maximum range of motion and starts to ping me during strenuous activities.

My wife wears Knee and shin pads in addition to her padded paintball pants. kinda jelly
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:32 PM #10
ReynoldsZ33
Bazinga

ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 supports Empire
Took a nasty dive over a snake pin a few years ago. Full superman. My legs hit the pin first, tossing them up, and my face down. My arms hit first, at a terrible angle. Needless to say I didn't slide....more like planted. Right arm was forced up and back, Dislocating my shoulder (more like a sublux) but none the less...it came out of place. This caused a bit of a tear. ALOT of swelling, and the inability to use my right arm for about a week. I also smashed my face into the ground...that was pleasant. I rolled, and the guy in the corner bunker gave me about 10-15, before he realize what happened.

This is the worst injury I've had. A few sprained/rolled ankles, Sore muscles. I usually have soreness in the groin area after a hard day of play.
ReynoldsZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:47 AM #11
JnNibFRSN
Airsmith in Training

JnNibFRSN has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am incredibly thankful to have never shot myself accidentally. I owe this fact to having tried airsoft before paintball. I will never forget having an airsoft pistol, looking down the barrel (god only knows why I would be so daft), and shooting myself pointblank in the forehead. From that point onward, I treat any air guns like I would treat any gun. Finger off the trigger when I don't want to shoot. Barrel points at the ground at all times save for when I'm on the field. Safety stays on anytime that I don't specifically want to shoot. Etc. If an airsoft BB at 200 fps or so hurt like hell, I dread to think what a paintball at 300 fps would do if I shot myself in the face. I'm really glad I learned my lesson without causing any permanent damage.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 AM #12
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnNibFRSN View Post
I am incredibly thankful to have never shot myself accidentally. I owe this fact to having tried airsoft before paintball. I will never forget having an airsoft pistol, looking down the barrel (god only knows why I would be so daft), and shooting myself pointblank in the forehead. From that point onward, I treat any air guns like I would treat any gun. Finger off the trigger when I don't want to shoot. Barrel points at the ground at all times save for when I'm on the field. Safety stays on anytime that I don't specifically want to shoot. Etc. If an airsoft BB at 200 fps or so hurt like hell, I dread to think what a paintball at 300 fps would do if I shot myself in the face. I'm really glad I learned my lesson without causing any permanent damage.
Me too brother!
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK