Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2015, 10:21 AM #1
AaronVanMaanen
PEW PEW PEW

AaronVanMaanen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AaronVanMaanen has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Getting the Girlfriend into Paintball

I'm constantly trying to get my girlfriend to play paintball but the farthest I've gotten her to playing is agreeing to shoot one of my guns in the backyard, any suggestions to get her into the sport? I've thought about picking up some splat-masters and playing with those alone in the woods for her to try it out but any other suggestions? at least she says that she will support it from the side so she doesnt hate it haha

Avalanche Geo
Azodian KP3
Empire Resurrection
CCI Phantom
WGP Troligy
AaronVanMaanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM #2
Dizzo313
The O.G. FunkMunky

Rent a field for a private party. Invite people she's comfortable with and trusts. Make sure she has your best equipment in her hands, not yours.

Don't overshoot her. Lol

Worked for my wife. ��
Dizzo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:54 PM #3
Clark Gryphyn

Find a field that is running .50 cal for beginners and play that with her. That is very popular at a field near me and is a great way for people to try out a pain free version of the sport.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:32 PM #4
ADAM LBK1

Get Her Padded Up.. Got My Wife All The Gear And Her Own Gun And She Loves It
ADAM LBK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:33 PM #5
AaronVanMaanen
PEW PEW PEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gryphyn View Post
Find a field that is running .50 cal for beginners and play that with her. That is very popular at a field near me and is a great way for people to try out a pain free version of the sport.
there arent any fields with 50 cal in my area, ive checked haha i really wish we did though! i think that would really grow the sport in South Carolina

Avalanche Geo
Azodian KP3
Empire Resurrection
CCI Phantom
WGP Troligy
Old 05-20-2015, 05:00 PM #6
Clark Gryphyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronVanMaanen View Post
there arent any fields with 50 cal in my area, ive checked haha i really wish we did though! i think that would really grow the sport in South Carolina
Yeah, the field near me here in KS does it, and it seems to be very popular with birthday party groups of really young kids, which is a good thing!

Is there one within a few hours drive? Maybe a road trip!
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:03 AM #7
AaronVanMaanen
PEW PEW PEW

im not sure, there might be one in Columbia maybe in Georgia, ill have to find out, thatll be fun haha

Avalanche Geo
Azodian KP3
Empire Resurrection
CCI Phantom
WGP Troligy
Old 05-21-2015, 09:10 AM #8
jestep

I got my wife to start playing by having her bring a friend who hadn't played to the field the first time out. Go on a super mellow rec day and let them play at their own pace. A light as possible marker that's not going to break is a huge help at first as well.

But if she really doesn't want to, I wouldn't push it too much. She might decide to some time in the future, but overly pushing has never been effective in my experience, usually results in the opposite reaction after a point.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:54 AM #9
bkblitzed
wants your gun

bkblitzed owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
bkblitzed has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
does your field have a rentals only fields? The rental guns are tippman 98's at my field, and they all shoot at like 200fps, so it doesn't hurt at all.
bkblitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:30 AM #10
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There is a 50 cal field in the Atlanta area called Wildfire but that's a bit of a drive for you from SC. What are her reasons for not playing? I've asked my girlfriend on many occasions but she does not like pain. AT ALL. She whimpers after getting a paper cut. She's adamant at this point after I came home with a couple of welts. >.<
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 AM #11
AaronVanMaanen
PEW PEW PEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
There is a 50 cal field in the Atlanta area called Wildfire but that's a bit of a drive for you from SC. What are her reasons for not playing? I've asked my girlfriend on many occasions but she does not like pain. AT ALL. She whimpers after getting a paper cut. She's adamant at this point after I came home with a couple of welts. >.<
yeah, she sees the welts and usually that is what she says is the reason on why she doesn't play, i try to tell her its not that bad and it just leaves marks that look bad but only hurts for maybe 5-10 seconds if at all and you barely feel it from the adrenaline anyways, it just surprises you

Avalanche Geo
Azodian KP3
Empire Resurrection
CCI Phantom
WGP Troligy
Old 05-26-2015, 09:55 AM #12
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
She puts up with me playing so I can't complain. She only gets mad that I come home and basically pass out and do nothing else after a day of play. >.> The heat in the south is fun....
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:01 PM #13
xd45c

Main complaints about playing from my girlfriend:
1) Rental masks suck, foggy, can't see
2) I tend to rush up toward the action and leave her behind

Now obviously those happened after I got her to the field, but just 2 things to keep in mind for the future.

Was relatively easy to get mine to go because my friend's wife was also going, I would suggest trying to go that route.

Also the field I play tries to be pretty strict with the surrender rule (any closer than 20 feet is supposed to be a no shoot), that helps a lot to avoid close up painful shots. Going to a field where she knows beforehand that she won't be shot point blank should help your cause.
xd45c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:11 AM #14
JTBaller203

JTBaller203 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JTBaller203 supports Team VICIOUS
JTBaller203 posts videos on PbNation
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
JTBaller203 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
What I would suggest is letting her shoot at you a couple times and you can show her that it doesn't hurt that bad. Also, when you go out to play, give her your elbow pads or whatever gear you have that fits her which would make her more comfortable. Lastly, go play with some walk on renters/a private group with people she knows so she isn't intimidated.
JTBaller203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:55 AM #15
pumpndump

pumpndump has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i convinced mine to go, then i showed her highlights of dallas 2014 and she was like "yeah, i changed my mind." still making her go.
im gonna let her use my electro and im just gonna play pump like i always do anyway. maybe if i let her light me up a few times in a 1 v 1 thatll get her to be less scared.
pumpndump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:47 AM #16
Superzeus
Living is the functionary

has been a member for 10 years
Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Show her footage of some of the all girl teams out there tearing it up right now.

Let here use your gun at least some of the time. Find a mask that you or a buddy can lend her so she doesn't have to rent. That alone will make a big difference. Teach her when she is out with her, but keep it loose and fun.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Superzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 PM #17
NADIOUS

1. dump her
2. get girl that already balls
NADIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:10 PM #18
chrisrlyon

the party rental thing was a good idea, have her invite like 4 of her friends and 4 of your friends for 10 total. depending on where you play at it could even be cheaper than an open session (its cheaper here by about 7 dollars per person) and she'll have a blast. another good idea was the padding. look into getting her a a padded undershirt that is typically worn for football because it will cover the ribs and chest which are argueably the most painful place youll commonly get hit (the ribs i mean), or a full fledged chest protector although those may be uncomfortable. I know thru personal experience because my 5'2" 110 pound girlfriend was terrified at first but now she balls with us every other weekend and rocks her own custom annod mini.. once she tries paintball once and has a good experience shes hooked
chrisrlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 AM #19
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Why do you want her to play?... Go have fun with your boys, you need "you" time just like she needs "girl" time...

Don't try to make all your hobbies hers.

Just be happy, and enjoy what she does.

Course, my woman goes with me to big games, she finds us a hotel, and drives a lot of the trip. I make sure to take her around to see the sights of whatever town we are in as well as the game.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:55 PM #20
Daviesm118

Women ruin everything! Ask your dad why he doesn't take mom golfing.

Not fun worrying about hurting some girls "feelings" while trying to play sports... Because it happens very quickly, and usually very unreasonably.
Daviesm118 is offline   Reply With Quote