PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2015, 01:38 PM #1
OldGuyWithAGun

Need some help/advice

Ok fellas, i need some assistance.

i am looking at buying a gun for my son. i'm tired of giving over my Tippman and using the rental he gets stuck with.

I have been looking at the Spyder MR5 (he doesn't need the e-trigger) and i like the idea of the DLS. I was ready to pull the trigger and buy the MR5 then i see the MR6 and MR6 xls or something close to that. The MR6 is actually cheaper then the MR5 so now i'm completely confused and can find very little out there as far as product reviews for the MR6.

1) other then looks what is the difference between the MR5, 6 and 6 xls?

2) does the MR6 come with the e-trigger?

3) is there a reason i keep seein "refurbished" after most of the MR6's ive seen listed?

thank you all in advance
OldGuyWithAGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2015, 04:18 PM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think the only real difference between the MR5 and MR6 is purely cosmetic.

I haven't seen any place that has the MR6 with an egrip (I admit I didn't look too hard) but you can purchase an egrip to slap on it.

Refurbished MR6's are probably returns sent back to the manufacture within the manufacture warranty time frame. Could be a minor hickup that got repaired or the customer didn't like it.

You may not find too many reviews on the MR6 as it did come out this year and it is very similar to the MR5.

I personally would snag up the MR5 with the egrip as I like the looks better and egrips can be set to different modes as needed. The price difference is primarily due to the egrip being already installed.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:14 PM #3
OldGuyWithAGun

Thank you,
any other suggestions for a milsim that can shoot both regular paintballs and first strike rounds?
OldGuyWithAGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:51 PM #4
ChaseJax

ChaseJax is attending Decay of Nations VII
ChaseJax supports Empire
Why not just get another tippmann? He can always upgrade it later should he want to. There are quite a few upgrades for them. They are like tanks, more play time less down time. Ive only heard bad things abt spyders.
ChaseJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:40 PM #5
TheGreatKadik
Shoot paint, not bullets!

TheGreatKadik owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheGreatKadik has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheGreatKadik supports Empire
^^^
I'm with him.

You obviously sound like you're more of a scenario player and it sounds like you're son will be going in that direction too. Tippmanns are always a great place to start for a scenario player, plus they're upgradable after the fact.

Spyder's always been a bargain brand and that worked for them for a while, but when Tippmann makes guns at the same price or cheaper that work better and are more reliable, Spyder kind of loses it's charm.

For the record though, I started on a Spyder. But I'm more of a speedball player, so my path up the marker food chain was a bit different that strictly scenario players.
on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
TheGreatKadik is offline   Reply With Quote