Community Focus

Old 08-06-2003, 10:03 PM #1
Paintballremix
Banned

Paintballremix is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team Growth Tips

Author: Paintball Magazine

Team Practices are a must, both private ones with your team and scrimmages with other teams. These are my suggestions for you and your team, to improve performance thorughout the year.

1. Practice at different playing fields with different layout; practice on woodland and concept fields.

2. If you have two squads, practice against each other. Other teams are good to scrimmage, too, because they will give you a different look. Have you second squad try all kinds of plays including the unusual ones.

3. Practice using different drills, game situations and scenarios. Have your front players play back and your cover players play up front. THis is so they appreciate one another's roles. It teaches a valuable lesson: one type of player cannot win without the other.

4. Make sure your team is prepared logistically off the field as well as being ready to play on the field. Some teams practice the weekend before a tournament; some teams do not for fear of injury. My Team, Team Remix, always practices the weekend before a tournament. Check and double check batteries, lenses, chrono speeds, all the details need to be checked ahead of time.

5. Be sure to send in the entry fee and roster before the deadline. Sometimes an event will not let you pay on the day of the event, and you will have wasted the trip and travel money.

6. Get to the tournament site at least a day before you play so you can "walk" the fields. Learn the fields for offensive and defensive play, and run your team from both flag stations to see how long it takes to ge to key bunkers. Plan tactics and strategy. Go over this several times privately away from the field.

7. The morning of the tournament make sure everyone is at the site at least 2 hours before play. Find a staging area, and get your paint and air while other team members set up a canopy. If you don't have a canoopy, and the field has tents or pavilions, send two teammates to the site extra early to reserve a spot for the rest of your players. This is especially good if it starts to rain!

Play hard, watch scores and rotate in alternates if you want or need to. Play fair, play safe, and no fighting. Also remember: NO CHEATING whatsoever.

Critique each of your games when it is over and get ready for the next game right away. There may be very quick turn-a-rounds and you cannot afford to forfeit any game.

Off Season

During the off-season keep in touch with your players, and have team mettings and get-togethers. Work on sponsorships and moneymaking ideas. Make a schedule of tournaments you want to do in the upcoming season. Play all year if you can; you can scale back in the off-season, but DON'T QUIT.

Where the weather is cold and wet, go to indoor fields to practice and play. Always be scouting for players.

These tips should help you from your beginning all the way to a formidable competion paintball team.

Last edited by Paintballremix : 11-09-2003 at 11:00 AM.
Paintballremix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2003, 03:46 PM #2
Paintballremix
Banned

Hope this helps some
Old 08-24-2003, 08:08 AM #3
illRollinVa

sweet... im starting to make a 3 man team and that is a definate help. thanks bro
illRollinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:33 PM #4
Paintballremix
Banned

yah no problem if you need ne more tips i got aim and PM's
Old 09-04-2003, 02:17 PM #5
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
paintball I am getting associated with a team that was once great but due to certain lackings of leadership they are rebuilding. what are some good drills to run?
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:11 PM #6
Cobalt
i heart my bawls

if u sign up at splatdogs.com to get a newsletter, they tell some good stuff about equipment, tatics, ect. but some of it u prolly already know but the other is good information. this is good advice remix.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:43 PM #7
PMIkid

Ok I'm starting a team, but we ALL lack money, infact our one play (who is very good with rental guns) still has to save up another 90 to get basic stuff, and allthe other pb plays in my area are either to chciken to play, already on another team, or just don't got the grenn, any tips?
Old 09-15-2003, 05:55 PM #8
Cobalt
i heart my bawls

i advise every1 get a job, that's a given. all those that dont have guns yet, u need to play at the field that they like to play at for their sake so u (as a group or team) can get some play time in and get better cause u dont wanna end up being just a moving target in a game. people that u want on the team, dont just keep nagging them cause then they wont like u hence, they wont want to be on ur team. tell them some high points bout what u do when u play or if u get to be a team (if u aint one already) and what all a team gets to do. try everything u can that wont be detrimental to the cause. that's what i'd do
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 01:31 PM #9
Willie
Shoot me again

I'm thinking about starting like a 8 man team is that alot?

srsly
Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 01:32 PM #10
Paintballremix
Banned

no thats not alot, it may be hard to find like tourneys around your place that have 8 man supported tourneys. But you can always switch up the guys and play like 5-Man or Whatever.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:28 PM #11
payne

me and some of my players I always going playing with want to start a team, we are good players we all have guns but were not sure if were good enought to make a 3 man team yet. we are all young and wanted to know if a youth team would fit us, we are 15 on average and mostly spyders. also do you know how i could get a sponsor of some sort for free air and paint?
thanx it will help a bunch
justin
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 11:22 PM #12
misfitmidget
Fidgety Midget

Try to get sponsored by your loacal feild, either talk to the owner of it or manager and see wht they can help you with, I have been on a team now for like a year or so ( misfit-toys ) and yes we are sponsored by nationalpaintball an places like that but are biggest sponsor is are local feild they giveus discounts on admisiion paint and stuff at the pro shop it helps alot. so first thing first try to get your local feidl to sponsor you
Old 01-28-2004, 03:38 PM #13
arkangels
ArkAngels

WOW These r great tips.... I am Captin of a 10 man. I never thought of getting the home feild to sponsor us.(thers alot of things i don't think about)
arkangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:52 PM #14
Mr.Snipes_of_PA (Banned)

-

Are there websites strictly for finding willing players and starting teams. For instance, www.college-paintball.com .
-Thanks
Mr.Snipes_of_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:25 PM #15
milkdud5900 (Banned)

noo
milkdud5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:46 AM #16
Paintfreek16
Banned

good info man

Ben
Paintfreek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:52 AM #17
Mr.Snipes_of_PA (Banned)

yeah there is ONE, www.paintballteams.com
Mr.Snipes_of_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:33 AM #18
Ripped2Shreds (Banned)

very helpful...
Ripped2Shreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:16 PM #19
Falcon-eyes

me and my brother are starting a team he is only 9 so would he be allowed to play in tournaments?
Old 03-30-2004, 08:56 AM #20
maddskillzz5

maddskillzz5 helped look for balloons
probably unless theres an age limit but usually thats like 10 and up
maddskillzz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:15 PM #21
jimboburgess
Total Rec

I works great to invite everyone you can and say that they can use your extra gear, if your really nice by them paint and air on their Fisrt day of play eventually you will find people that want to play and will buy a gun as soon as they can. no matter what there is some body that wants to play in your area