Old 11-14-2008, 04:06 PM #43
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
You aren't and you don't have any. Your bitterness toward Save Phace is clouding your judgment and driving you to foolishness.

You're bitterness towards anyone not agreeing with you seems to be driving you to be an *******. We are just stating concerns and giving our opinions, just as you are.
Xcape paintball.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 PM #44
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
Yup, you're right... is that what you'd like to hear?
Yes, thank you very much for your honesty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post

You're bitterness towards anyone not agreeing with you seems to be driving you to be an *******. We are just stating concerns and giving our opinions, just as you are.
Again you lack of ability to defend the actual topic drives you to stray into the realm of cut downs and loss of control. It's OK, I understand and don't hold it against you personally.

Last edited by Txvman : 11-14-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 PM #45
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

Quote:
If the mask continues to take hits like this, with the same results it could be bad. What if one day the mask actually breaks on the field?
Quote:
And you base this opinion on what? You have an chemical engineering degree or some advanced knowledge of plastics that you can make that statement?

Think about what your saying. You see a few small nicks on a clip and a small nick in the graphics and you start with outlandish "what if" statements.

I'm the one who owns and wears the mask and have absolutely NO fear of this masking failing. I completely trust Save Phace with my eye sight or I would not be wearing it in the first place!
I did defend the actual topic. You are the one that seems that everything me and Noelly come up with is wrong. We are just saying what could possibly happen in the future, if this damage continues to worsen.
I will admit, all first generation products (mini, halo a, etc.) have some problems. It is just a scary thing to think that a mask may fail at some point, causing someone to potentially lose their eyesight.
Xcape paintball.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 PM #46
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
...We are just saying what could possibly happen in the future, if this damage continues to worsen...
That statement is based on no prior similar issues with the mask nor any first hand knowledge of testing that supports that statement. All your making is a baseless "what if" statement. It all stems from an issue that NDN has with Save Phace and how he felt he was treated badly by being asked to remove his review. Your jumping on the band wagon for an as yet unknown reason.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:16 AM #47
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
i dont feel as if i was treated badly... I feel that the mask is Sub par compared to whats out there... and i will go out of my way to make sure people know my views... which is why the mask comes with me EVERY time i go to play... because chances are, more people have worn/tried on/played in my SP mask, than any of the "sponsored" guys that are supposed to be promoting the mask...

I stated way back when... that losing SP as a sponsor doesnt hurt me in any way/shape or form... but being idiotic about a review, will end up hurting them more than helping them... I talked 3 different stores out of carrying SavePhace, because i actually brought the masks in and let them try them out and get a feel for them... and when they told SP that they were not interested in the paintball masks... what do you think was suggested?!?!? the SUM masks... and it was another obvious NO...
Old 11-15-2008, 11:07 AM #48
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
i dont feel as if i was treated badly... I feel that the mask is Sub par compared to whats out there... and i will go out of my way to make sure people know my views... which is why the mask comes with me EVERY time i go to play... because chances are, more people have worn/tried on/played in my SP mask, than any of the "sponsored" guys that are supposed to be promoting the mask...

I stated way back when... that losing SP as a sponsor doesnt hurt me in any way/shape or form... but being idiotic about a review, will end up hurting them more than helping them... I talked 3 different stores out of carrying SavePhace, because i actually brought the masks in and let them try them out and get a feel for them... and when they told SP that they were not interested in the paintball masks... what do you think was suggested?!?!? the SUM masks... and it was another obvious NO...
Thx for your honesty. I appreciate you displaying your actual feelings and stating what motivates you speak out against Save Phace. At least now everyone can see what drives you to challenge and cut down Save Phace at every turn.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:12 PM #49
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

in my eyes, the mask sucks... which is why I want people to be educated on their downfalls... the rest of the bull**** added to it as well... nothing clouding my opinion, nothing that im "sour" about... the mask is sub par compared to many of the masks in the same price range (and even cheaper masks)...
Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM #50
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
in my eyes, the mask sucks... which is why I want people to be educated on their downfalls... the rest of the bull**** added to it as well... nothing clouding my opinion, nothing that im "sour" about... the mask is sub par compared to many of the masks in the same price range (and even cheaper masks)...
In your opinion.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 PM #51
Waxball88
Ego♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
In your opinion.
EXACTLY. Its his opinion. Let him have it.

Quit riding this man's jock.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 PM #52
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
In your opinion.
lol, very good!!! you are amazingly fast... I thought when I started the post off with "in my eyes" that would've surely given away the fact that I was stating an opinion.

and sadly (for you at least), it seems the the opinion of most (which would be 51% or more, incase you didnt know) people who have tried the mask, agree with my opinion.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM #53
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

Quote:
That statement is based on no prior similar issues with the mask nor any first hand knowledge of testing that supports that statement. All your making is a baseless "what if" statement. It all stems from an issue that NDN has with Save Phace and how he felt he was treated badly by being asked to remove his review. Your jumping on the band wagon for an as yet unknown reason.
Quote:
lol, very good!!! you are amazingly fast... I thought when I started the post off with "in my eyes" that would've surely given away the fact that I was stating an opinion.

and sadly (for you at least), it seems the the opinion of most (which would be 51% or more, incase you didnt know) people who have tried the mask, agree with my opinion.
There you go Txvman. This is the reason that I jumped on this "bandwagon."
Xcape paintball.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 PM #54
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
There you go Txvman. This is the reason that I jumped on this "bandwagon."
Oh OK, I get it, your just here to ride the coat tails of NDN. I understand now your not bitter with Save Phace or even really have anything against them, it just appears that way. That's what happens when you follow someone else without ever looking up to see where your going.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:25 AM #55
{OG}-Chubbs-

Tvxman, you can argue until your blue in the face, but in the end, NDN has a point. these masks look cool, but preform poorly compared to other masks. there have been incidents, like the nightmare my team experienced, when the mask did not do what it was designed to do. and, looking at SP objectively, they have a very poor public view and public customer service. look at SP CS compared to Dangerous Power CS. sure one makes masks and one makes guns, but they are worlds apart. while one actually tries to help fix a problem, the other just tries to bash someone until they silence their opinion.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 AM #56
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by {OG}-Chubbs- View Post
Tvxman, you can argue until your blue in the face, but in the end, NDN has a point. these masks look cool, but preform poorly compared to other masks. there have been incidents, like the nightmare my team experienced, when the mask did not do what it was designed to do. and, looking at SP objectively, they have a very poor public view and public customer service. look at SP CS compared to Dangerous Power CS. sure one makes masks and one makes guns, but they are worlds apart. while one actually tries to help fix a problem, the other just tries to bash someone until they silence their opinion.
Your team has had ONE very scary incident in which you can NOT state the cause. It could very well have been owner error. Be honest now, you can't say what the cause of the failure was. The Save Phace mask has done exactly what it is designed to do, protect your face and eyes. SP customer service is excellent, I don't know where you got that from. Every problem I've had has been taken care of without question or hesitation. I've not seen one Save Phace employee bash anyone about a problem or try to silence anyone. Your either dreaming or your high. Your not objective one little bit and you can't prove any of the derogatory things you just posted.

Now talking about mask problems did you know that in 2001 JT had a mask recall? Or how about Brass Eagle's 1998 mask recall? Brass Eagle actually had 8 reports of mask lens failure before the recall!

You see these are REAL issues, not the made up BS that you and everyone else has been throwing about.

Last edited by Txvman : 11-16-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:23 AM #57
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by {OG}-Chubbs- View Post
They HAVE fixed issues that have come up, I'll give them that... But when people voice their personal issues with the masks, rather than actually look at changing... they go "well, look at some of the other masks that have faults as well, so we arent THAT bad" With things like ear/chin/jawline protection... the same pictures keep getting brought up of the kid with the cut profilers, the guy with the cut proflex softears and another one or 2.... rather than worry about THEIR issues, it seems like everyone wants to point fingers at everyone elses products...

If an EGO has an issue (like the 09s have/had) you didnt hear Planet Eclipse go "well, Dave Youngblood has been giving you the same gun since the DM4, so your argument is wrong"
Old 11-16-2008, 02:28 AM #58
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Your team has had ONE very scary incident in which you can NOT state the cause. It could very well have been owner error. Be honest now, you can't say what the cause of the failure was. The Save Phace mask has done exactly what it is designed to do, protect your face and eyes. SP customer service is excellent, I don't know where you got that from. Every problem I've had has been taken care of without question or hesitation. I've not seen one Save Phace employee bash anyone about a problem or try to silence anyone. Your either dreaming or your high. Your not objective one little bit and you can't prove any of the derogatory things you just posted.

Have you looked in my review thread?(about the save phace employees)

Now talking about mask problems did you know that in 2001 JT had a mask recall? Or how about Brass Eagle's 1998 mask recall?

You see these are REAL issues, not the made up BS that you and everyone else has been throwing about.
Yes, JT had a recall, they caught it early, and if the ears failed on the Proteus models that were defective, it could NO WAY affect your lenses... since the facemask and lense/lenseframe are 2 seperate pieces (the strap is attached to the lenseframe, the facemask is than attached to the lenseframe)
Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 AM #59
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

Quote:
Oh OK, I get it, your just here to ride the coat tails of NDN. I understand now your not bitter with Save Phace or even really have anything against them, it just appears that way. That's what happens when you follow someone else without ever looking up to see where your going.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying......

I HAVE tried these masks, and I AGREE with what NDN is saying. Compared to what is out there on the market, they can't really stand up to the competition. With what I have seen on here, they also seem to be unable to stand up to rigorous play. With the clip thing, sure it's just a little scrath in the graphics now. But WHAT IF (yes, the infamous "what if") this continues, and during play the lense clip breaks, and the lense is dilodged? What than?
Xcape paintball.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:32 AM #60
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
What if the strap rips and the mask falls off? What if the cold weather makes the plastic brittle and the mask just crumbles and falls apart? What if my aunt had balls (would she be my uncle)?

Point is, what if's don't matter. At all. The best thing to do is test the mask, find out what the problems are, then fix them. There aren't any benefits (at this stage anyway) in asking a bunch of hypothetical "what if" questions. The only thing I've seen thus far with this mask that needs improvement is the clip retaining the lense. Since only 1 incident with one of their paintball mask's lense falling off during a game was reported, I think they've addressed the problem.

Instead of trying to rely on what appear to be scare tactics to prevent people from using this mask, why don't you just use the facts? The mask is hard, it doesn't provide much more (if any more) coverage than a lot of mainstream masks, there is no special foam spread throughout the mask to make it any more comfortable, and the graphics wear off a little after being shot. Those are the down sides to SP masks.

The fact remains that the majority of players are going to continue using Vforce, Dye, Empire and JT masks. That's what most players are used to, that's what most players are familiar with, and that's most players prefer. Some players will prefer to use SP masks, that's their personal preference, it doesn't matter. They're not unsafe, they meet the required standards, they're fine.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:46 PM #61
masquerade
Barrel Back Factory.

masquerade is a Paintball photographer
What if the masks structural integrety is weakend by the paintball and as a resultant a catisrophic implosion melts the players head!? What if Aliens are controlling the white house.. What if..... what if........

Fox4Paintball
KEE
We Kill Suckers
RI Extreme Paintball and Airsoft
Old 11-16-2008, 07:09 PM #62
Waxball88
Ego♥

Quote:

Now talking about mask problems did you know that in 2001 JT had a mask recall? Or how about Brass Eagle's 1998 mask recall? Brass Eagle actually had 8 reports of mask lens failure before the recall!

That's an extremely ignorant thing to say.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:02 PM #63
{OG}-Chubbs-

Quote:

how is it not a real issue that the mask lens came out of the mask. even if the evidence was destroyed so we dont know HOW it happened, we still know that is DID happen.

what is BS is you and the representative that contacted us on OUR website jumping down our throats and saying that it must have been our error. we are not stupid, we inspect our gear every day we play, whether before or after. i understand that you are standing behind a company that you believe in and thats great, but just know that this company said
"Before we got into this market we were warned by a lot of people about Ballers and how they (not all) are a bunch of spolied brats that have no maturity and/or integrity. If you expect to live in a perfect world you are in for some dissappointments in life... Nothing in this world is perfect. No one and I mean NO ONE has 100% perfect product 100% of the time. If man makes something, it will have a faiure rate... I don't know what else to say except grow up!!"

yeah, that really sounds like good CS that tries to help fix the problem and not bash people....

that and they say oh it failed because it was made by man and all products fail. although to their credit i guess that is better than nothing considering no one has the evidence to scrutinize.