Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM #22
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
my comment wasnt towards the graphics, as Im well aware that they are an overlay...

it was stated moreso at the clips, which act as LENS RETAINERS... meaning that if THEY break, there is a HIGH possibility that the lenses could fall away from the mask...

now, little scratches/scuffs may not seem like much to you "sponsored" guys... i understand you have to stand up for the company... and I understand that you feel you are somehow special due to being sponsored by them... whatever the case may be.... but if 1 single shot can do that damage, what will repeated offenses cause?

Could it cause the lense clips to break? yes... it very well can.
could it cause the lenses to than come undone from the mask? yes... it can.
Would you suggest wearing that mask, after already hearing about a few incidents where the lenses came out of the mask, or clips breaking, or damage to the clips from 1 single paintball? Nope, i cant say that i would...

As in almost every discussion I get into, I tend to go with the factual side of things... my side is always backed with information.... where as, in this section at least, is SavePhace reps and "sponsored" teams/players defending them with no REAL backing in terms of their argument.... "I'm the one who owns and wears the mask and have absolutely NO fear of this masking failing. I completely trust Save Phace with my eye sight or I would not be wearing it in the first place!" is a PERFECT example of that.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 PM #23
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
I have similiar marks on the clips on a pair of events I own. Does that mean they are going to fail because there are scuffs on them?

I would state that it is very well normal for softer plastic to get scuff marks while retaining their durability as the design of the softer material is intended to flex, bend and be able to be abused while retaining structure.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 AM #24
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
it was stated moreso at the clips, which act as LENS RETAINERS... meaning that if THEY break, there is a HIGH possibility that the lenses could fall away from the mask...
We take these things very seriously and our end users safety is of utmost important to us. If anyone feels that the clips have had damage to them or feel that they have weakened for some reason, please let us know and we will send you new ones free of charge for the 1st year of owning your mask (please make sure to send in your warranty cards...) After a year, the replacement clips are $4.95 for a set.
Quote:
Would you suggest wearing that mask, after already hearing about a few incidents where the lenses came out of the mask, or clips breaking, or damage to the clips from 1 single paintball? Nope, i cant say that i would...

As in almost every discussion I get into, I tend to go with the factual side of things... my side is always backed with information....
Where do your facts come from?? Again, we take these things very seriously and our users' safety is very important to us. We have not heard of a "few" incidents of the lens came out of the mask. If this happens to anyone, please contact us immediately.

This is a serious allegation to make about a product and if you have facts to back this up, you need to contact us immediately. Otherwise, you do need to "stick to facts". I'm not sure what happened between you and Save Phace but it is getting obvious from your continued negative posts that you are sour on our mask. We have heard your opinion as has everyone else on PBNation. We appreciate ALL feedback, good and bad and we listen to all of it. Please know that your voice has been heard. Continuing to post negative feedback over and over is not productive and is making you lose credibility.

Thank you for your participation.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:15 AM #25
akara13
South West PB

akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
akara13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
First off Noely: I am not a sponsored player. Cryptic made a good point about the plastic being softer to flex. I am not worried about my lens falling out if the clips were to both break, I have to push it out from the inside in order to remove it. Even if the freak chance happens where the lens falls out, which it wont, common since says cover your eyes with your arm and walk out with your head looking down to protect your eyes.

Noely you gave a good review about the mask, but you seem to have a personal problem with Save Phace. What ever happened get over it. I am tired of seeing your post whenever someone has a question about their SP mask.

Justin
http://www.southwestpaintball.net/
Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 PM #26
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Real-Boss - There have been a few posts of people stating that lenses have fallen out of the mask mid-game.

getting my phone called and asked to remove the review i posted, getting emails from various people asking for the review to be removed... THOSE are the things that keep me coming here... because its sad that a company has to stoop to those levels... hell, other companies had similar practices, and they were put in the swear filter here on PBN...

Akara - Im glad that you are confident that your mask wont fail, and I truly hope it doesnt... thats not why I'm posting...

If a lense falls from a mask... yes, most people with common sense would shield their eyes and walk with their head down... a LOT of people lack common sense, which is why you see it at every field you ever play at, players getting shot out, and than lifting their mask as if its over and they are safe because they got shot... so common sense, isnt so common when it comes to player safety.

As for your comment on my review/issue... read the above... If you are tired of seeing me post, there is an IGNORE feature, so you can no longer see any of my posts... use it if it bothers you that much.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM #27
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
getting my phone called and asked to remove the review i posted, getting emails from various people asking for the review to be removed... THOSE are the things that keep me coming here... because its sad that a company has to stoop to those levels... hell, other companies had similar practices, and they were put in the swear filter here on PBN...
Sorry that happen to you. Your now nit picking and making statements and opinions without facts. No matter how many times you talk about us "sponsored" guys and Save Phace your bitterness shows thru, that diminishes your credibility. Most everyone sees that your "after" Save Phace and that your doing more than critiquing a product. Your spending more time thinking about Save Phace than we are thinking about you, LOL.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM #28
Waxball88
Ego♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
Sorry that happen to you. Your now nit picking and making statements and opinions without facts. No matter how many times you talk about us "sponsored" guys and Save Phace your bitterness shows thru, that diminishes your credibility. Most everyone sees that your "after" Save Phace and that your doing more than critiquing a product. Your spending more time thinking about Save Phace than we are thinking about you, LOL.
Im sorry, but you don't think your nut hugging makes you look any more credible than him?
You aren't nearly as bad as cryptic though.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:12 PM #29
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
actually, i dont spend much time thinking about them at all... I notice a new post is made, and i read it... if it deserves a comment, it gets one... nice and easy... no long drawn out thought process to figure out how to screw someone over or anything....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:17 PM #30
masquerade
Barrel Back Factory.

masquerade is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
I base my opinion on the common sense that masks failing is a bad thing.

What I'm saying? I'm saying that every mask I've owned has shown no damage like this even from being bunkered. Not trying to start an e-fight old man, just stating my concerns.
Lol which is why you called him an old man... Sure your not trying to start a fight. Lol its just the graphics not damige to the actual masks structural integrety.....

Okay now for an example of what you are trying to say here:

OH NO I rear ended some one in the parking lot going 2 miles per hour and the paint chipped!! AHH quickly rebuild the car from the ground up can't let that paint chipping destroy my cars structual integrety.

Pardon any of my grammatical errors for I am dyslexic and tired. Cheers, Carter

Fox4Paintball
KEE
We Kill Suckers
RI Extreme Paintball and Airsoft
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 AM #31
havoczui1
... Yessir!

havoczui1 helped look for balloons
havoczui1 is playing at Living Legends V
havoczui1 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
... Its plastic. You act like its steel and its not going to wear. And i have had a similar incident with my I3 pros. Stuff happens .... relax.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 AM #32
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
I've yet to own a mask that didn't get a nick/scratch when it was shot in a plastic or hard rubber area. I wouldn't be concerned with anything but the lense.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 AM #33
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Real-Boss - There have been a few posts of people stating that lenses have fallen out of the mask mid-game.
I have not seen these posts and I moniter this forum daily. Like I said, we take these allegations very seriously. There has been ONE post that I am aware of. We acted immediately to figure out what happened. Unfortunately, the mask was destroyed and the circumstances were not documented properly so we were unable to determine what had happened. It could have been any number of things from user error to a hot gun - we won't ever know, however, since that time, we have again sent our masks to the labs for testing and once again, our masks have met and exceeded the ASTM standards for Paintball.

Unless you have proof, you need to stop with these false allegations and defamation.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM #34
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Boss View Post
There has been ONE post that I am aware of. We acted immediately to figure out what happened. Unfortunately, the mask was destroyed
How unfortunate
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM #35
ZSdevourMW
Hart.

ZSdevourMW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZSdevourMW supports Team VICIOUS
^^ watergate scandal knockoff?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM #36
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Boss View Post
I have not seen these posts and I moniter this forum daily. Like I said, we take these allegations very seriously. There has been ONE post that I am aware of. We acted immediately to figure out what happened. Unfortunately, the mask was destroyed and the circumstances were not documented properly so we were unable to determine what had happened. It could have been any number of things from user error to a hot gun - we won't ever know, however, since that time, we have again sent our masks to the labs for testing and once again, our masks have met and exceeded the ASTM standards for Paintball.

Unless you have proof, you need to stop with these false allegations and defamation.
there were actually more than 1 post (2 seperate incidents, but multiple posts)

if i need to refresh your memory a bit, it was a post from a ref, asking about the lens retention system, because a player seemed to have had a SP mask and the lens just fell out mid game.

im not saying that they dont meet the standards... i AM saying that for damage like whats been shown to be done to a mask from 1 or 2 paintballs is a lot... even shooting hot...

Its only defamation if its NOT true... and the posts i've made all have truth behind them...

thank you, have a nice day.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM #37
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Maybe they took their lenses out and didn't put them back in correctly? I mean lets be honest here, a lot of the guys with these masks aren't exactly seasoned players...
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM #38
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
actually, i dont spend much time thinking about them at all... I notice a new post is made, and i read it... if it deserves a comment, it gets one... nice and easy... no long drawn out thought process to figure out how to screw someone over or anything....
Your actions speak otherwise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxball88 View Post
Im sorry, but you don't think your nut hugging makes you look any more credible than him?
You aren't nearly as bad as cryptic though.
When you can't actually defend your only choice is to attempt to cut down and bash someone. Shows your lack of intelligence and control...

Last edited by Txvman : 11-13-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:51 PM #39
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
there were actually more than 1 post (2 seperate incidents, but multiple posts)

if i need to refresh your memory a bit, it was a post from a ref, asking about the lens retention system, because a player seemed to have had a SP mask and the lens just fell out mid game.
Yes, I remember this post very well and if you had read the entire post, you would know that the player in this situation was wearing our SUM mask - NOT the tactical mask. Our SUM mask is NOT designed for paintball and it is clearly marked on the box "THIS MASK IS NOT FOR PAINTBALL".

Once again, I ask that you please refrain from your false allegations and defamation.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:06 PM #40
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

just stating the facts...

this goes under the whole common sense thing that i spoke of earlier.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:08 AM #41
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
just stating the facts...

this goes under the whole common sense thing that i spoke of earlier.

You aren't and you don't have any. Your bitterness toward Save Phace is clouding your judgment and driving you to foolishness.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:24 PM #42
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
You aren't and you don't have any. Your bitterness toward Save Phace is clouding your judgment and driving you to foolishness.
Yup, you're right... is that what you'd like to hear?