PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2008, 06:26 PM #1
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Shot to the side of the head.

During a tourny today I got bunkered and took a real nice shot to the side of the head as the guy was coming in on me. While the paintball put some small, shallow marks on the clip that holds in the mask and even took a small chip of graphics off, the mask perfectly soaked up the hit. Not one bit of pain at all. I'm happy I didn't have soft ears this time.

Now I'm sure someone will post up that "their" brand of mask does just as well. I'll not disagree, I'm posting up my positive experience today with my Save Phace mask.

BTW, my son during the same tourny got a skip off of his Save Phace.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2008, 06:33 PM #2
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
i know people are going to say something to me about this post... but... its the truth.

So, the mask shows obvious wear from 1 hit on the clips and took the graphics off in an area... correct?

sounds great!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:25 PM #3
$tack$
ALLBIDNESS

$tack$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
^^^
i lold

".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 AM #4
Schlemmer32
trons a dipsh!t

Nice i was wondering how they would hold up to a bunkering
Old 11-09-2008, 01:22 PM #5
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
i know people are going to say something to me about this post... but... its the truth.

So, the mask shows obvious wear from 1 hit on the clips and took the graphics off in an area... correct?

sounds great!
I understand your a stickler for such things. Even knowing that your going to "lawyer" every statement that is made, I still choose to post up my positive experiences with Save Phace products.

Close up picture. I'm guessing at a distance of about 5-6 ft., BTW.

Larger picture to take hit in perspective of mask.

Also to keep things in perspective, understand the paintball that made those marks are the same some that do the following:

Last edited by Txvman : 11-09-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:29 PM #6
Colinb913
Paintball is life.

Colinb913 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Colinb913 supports Team VICIOUS
that is nothing, wow it put a few nicks on the mask, seriosly, thats nothing bad.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:29 PM #7
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinb913 View Post
that is nothing, wow it put a few nicks on the mask, seriosly, thats nothing bad.
If the mask continues to take hits like this, with the same results it could be bad. What if one day the mask actually breaks on the field?
Xcape paintball.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM #8
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
If the mask continues to take hits like this, with the same results it could be bad. What if one day the mask actually breaks on the field?
And you base this opinion on what? You have an chemical engineering degree or some advanced knowledge of plastics that you can make that statement?

Think about what your saying. You see a few small nicks on a clip and a small nick in the graphics and you start with outlandish "what if" statements.

I'm the one who owns and wears the mask and have absolutely NO fear of this masking failing. I completely trust Save Phace with my eye sight or I would not be wearing it in the first place!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:05 PM #9
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

you dont think that the damage shown from a paintball, to a MASK, was a significant amount for a few shots from close range?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:30 PM #10
Waxball88
Ego♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
And you base this opinion on what? You have an chemical engineering degree or some advanced knowledge of plastics that you can make that statement?

Think about what your saying. You see a few small nicks on a clip and a small nick in the graphics and you start with outlandish "what if" statements.

I'm the one who owns and wears the mask and have absolutely NO fear of this masking failing. I completely trust Save Phace with my eye sight or I would not be wearing it in the first place!
I trust heroin, it wont do anything bad to my body. Does that mean everyone should trust heroin?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:37 PM #11
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxball88 View Post
I trust heroin, it wont do anything bad to my body. Does that mean everyone should trust heroin?
bad analogy....

try... "I stopped short in my car the other day, nothing crazy, 15mph... i heard a tear in the seatbelt... But its a kia, so i trust them that i'll be safe"
Old 11-09-2008, 07:08 PM #12
kacey

lmao

@the post above lol
+5/-0
Support Pump, And wear our paint
UNKNOWN:Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second.
fuelpb-Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM #13
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

I base my opinion on the common sense that masks failing is a bad thing.

What I'm saying? I'm saying that every mask I've owned has shown no damage like this even from being bunkered. Not trying to start an e-fight old man, just stating my concerns.
Xcape paintball.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM #14
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
you dont think that the damage shown from a paintball, to a MASK, was a significant amount for a few shots from close range?
Quote:

What I'm saying? I'm saying that every mask I've owned has shown no damage like this even from being bunkered. Not trying to start an e-fight old man, just stating my concerns.
No I don't. A few tiny scratches to the clip and a small chip in the graphics with NO damage underneath is not failure or even significant. Both of you are just trying to start another "fire" concerning the Save Phace mask. As I stated previously I have complete confidence in SP to protect me or I would not wear it. My eyes are a bit more important than any sponsorship.

It comes down to you all looking for every little thing, even in a compliment, and making a major case out of it. So be it. I shall still praise Save Phace when praise is due them.

Last edited by Txvman : 11-09-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 AM #15
zackipoo82
Sexual Chocolate

Annual Supporting Member
zackipoo82 is an NCPA player
zackipoo82 plays in the APPA beginner division
zackipoo82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zackipoo82 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im minorly concerned with the fact that it did damage to the mask but not on the part of the mask because i've held one of the save phace masks and theyre real solid...for a paintball to do damage at all to one of those even at a range of 5-7ft woulda had to be shootin real hot. and for you to get a welt that cut you that much...**** i'd be pissed at the guy shootin you...i've played my fair share of xball and i've been bunkered countless times and ive only gotten a welt that ugly from a gun that was shootin pretty hot
Old 11-10-2008, 05:47 AM #16
chandl3rx23

chandl3rx23 is playing at Living Legends III
chandl3rx23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chandl3rx23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chandl3rx23 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

I would have gotten a save phace mask if it wasnt for you rotten kids, and your mangy mut!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:35 AM #17
akara13
South West PB

akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
akara13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have to agree the gun was shootin hot. I have bee hit several times in the mask: countless in the lens, many in the cheek area, a few in the mouth the visor and I have never had any paint chip or had the mask it self show signs of degrading. I inspect my mask all the time because I want to know if it shown signs of fatigue. IF any I would not wear it and I would contact SP about it.

From the pics it looks like only scuffs from the shell of the ball, nothing to be concerned about, and the graphics chip is only the graphics not the actual mask.

Justin
http://www.southwestpaintball.net/
Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM #18
Jams419
AKA - Jackal

Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
i have made plactics for many years. there is an issue with that damage. you may see a minor blemish , but since it was caused by impact there will be micro fractures in the plastic the will weaken the integrity of the plastic. this will , of course , make the plastic more likely to break furture. this is the same reason that leanse makers tell you to replace a lense after each time it is shot.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:28 PM #19
Genesis 4:7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams419 View Post
i have made plactics for many years. there is an issue with that damage. you may see a minor blemish , but since it was caused by impact there will be micro fractures in the plastic the will weaken the integrity of the plastic. this will , of course , make the plastic more likely to break furture. this is the same reason that leanse makers tell you to replace a lense after each time it is shot.
well im about 20 lensis ovverdue

Need a team? PM me
Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM #20
Jams419
AKA - Jackal

Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
as am i. i tend to replace them once per season.

they tend to say that to reduce liability.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:30 PM #21
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Not really. I have personally seen similiar "damage" to other manufacturers masks.

The graphics are not an indication of the actual goggles being damaged. They are a sign that the graphics alone, that are an overlay, are damaged.

The clip is made of softer plastic and easily nicked as compared to the tougher plastic of the goggles themselves.