Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 AM #1
Powkoa

feedneck and valve/spring ?'s

I am new to pump's, and recently got a lotus freeflow pump.
I have put 1000-1500 shots through it and am very happy with it so far except....
I hate the feedneck it came with. I think it's a WGP twist lock anno'ed to match and it just doesn't clamp my hoppers in place. Anyone know if the CCM's for ACs fit? They look like they have a bump/wave pattern instead of threads. Can a just pull the old feedneck off and push on the new one (new CCM)?
Also, should I get a new valve/spring setup? I spent about 15 minutes trying to get the reg set right, but it's output only goes to 250 or 300psi. At that point the IVG (I think that's what it's called) was backed out to almost flush with the backblock and it was at 295fps. Granted that was the field speed, and it was uber consistent with that setup. I guess I am wondering if I got an AKA valve, and/or new spring setup (madman?) would it be able to chrono lower with that reg setup and be just as consistent. Or in other words, with a different valve and/or springs can I have the IVG more adjustable (a range of 240-300fps). I do not know what valve is in it now, but was told that it was freeflow. I will check before buying a new one, but do not want to tinker with it until I get some advice from those of you in the know.
thanks

Powkoa's old feedback
Powkoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 AM #2
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If it's match-anodized, it's probably the stock neck. If you don't like the way it functions, then consider buying a new neck. Otherwise, you're essentially devaluing the gun. Replacing the feedneck should be simple threading (much larger than other guns' neck threadings).

A set of springs is a wise (and economical) choice. New valving will run much higher, and may require the use of a spring kit anyway.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:07 PM #3
Ozone2
Phantom Owner

2 Words.

Duct Tape.
Ozone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:55 PM #4
Powkoa

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone2 View Post
2 Words.

Duct Tape.
Janky

Powkoa's old feedback
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM #5
Powkoa

Seriously though, do I just need to set my reg at a lower input pressure, or do I need new/different springs to be able to have the IVG adjust between usable FPS.
I thought that I put the IVG a couple full turns in from flush, turn up my reg over the chrono until FPS stops increasing, back the reg off 1/4-1/2 turn, then adjust the ivg to get the right FPS.

FTR- I don't care about the resale value as much as having a great working machine on the field, and the twist feeedneck on it just doesn't grab the hopper enough to keep it from twisting around. That and it's already aftermarket/frankenstein from the ccm 86* triggerframe. Maybe I will have the feedneck, barrel tip, and gripframe annoed to match later.

Powkoa's old feedback
Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM #6
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

What kinda valve do you have? I saw you mention AKA but you said "wondering".

You could have a longer valve stem or a softer valve spring. Check how it's sprung.. what color springs where.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote