Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2008, 10:49 AM #1
tonloc91483

flatline cocker

Any one every seen a Flatline cocker? I've heard rumors of them back in the day but never seen one! And who made them and did they work? anyone know or have a pic?!?!
tonloc91483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
was very picky on the type of balls that were being used. too brittle and it would break in the barrel and too hard it would not break on the target. it did what it was suppose to and that was shoot far but u could not aim well because the ball would curve. fun to play with in the yard because u could watch the ball glide. i think only wgp made them.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 AM #3
tonloc91483

WOW it's true! they did exist! Not the most attractive gun but very innovative i guess.......
tonloc91483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 AM #4
hmcl281

all they really did was attach a barrel. u can do the same with the apex barrel
Old 11-05-2008, 03:04 PM #5
k.macocker
customcockers.com

actually you had 3 options.
1. buy one from wgp built as a flatline cocker
2. send in your cocker body to wgp and they machine it for the adapter to hold the flatline barrel
3. same as #2 except send it to tippmann now tippman and wgp may have had the same machinest doing it I don't know, lol.

and a side note, once a cocker body has been converted to be flatlined. It can never take straight barrels again. the front of the body where the barrel threads are is milled off.

here is one with original shroud (not mine)

here is mine without shroud (sold it)

sold it to a buddy and he made a shroud using a tippmann 98 shroud. he did pretty good I think. not sure how brittle it is..

more pics

k.macocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM #6
chongballa
a.k.a. chongballa

when i saw one, i hasnt that impressed. plus it looks like the southside of a northbound horse
PaintballMilitia
chongballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM #7
k.macocker
customcockers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongballa View Post
when i saw one, i hasnt that impressed. plus it looks like the southside of a northbound horse
more for fun, not a daily driver so to speak. If I wanted a flatline I would get a tippman 98 to be honest. I've owned one and it worked great.

flat line markers require specific paint. some will back spin more causing extra lift raising the ball up. while others have less with more drop off. if not good paint it will drift left/right and everywhere else. if you do have good paint it can be pretty fun to shoot one.
Kmac
Old 11-06-2008, 07:10 PM #8
chongballa
a.k.a. chongballa

they werent really made for a cocker. they were for tippmanns. (and they are nice on a tippy). but i agree w/ kmac. if i want a flatline, id get a tippmann
PaintballMilitia
chongballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:48 PM #9
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.macocker View Post
actually you had 3 options.
1. buy one from wgp built as a flatline cocker
2. send in your cocker body to wgp and they machine it for the adapter to hold the flatline barrel
3. same as #2 except send it to tippmann now tippman and wgp may have had the same machinest doing it I don't know, lol.

and a side note, once a cocker body has been converted to be flatlined. It can never take straight barrels again. the front of the body where the barrel threads are is milled off.

here is one with original shroud (not mine)

here is mine without shroud (sold it)

lol...its a flatline....i wonder what comments this got at the field...
sold it to a buddy and he made a shroud using a tippmann 98 shroud. he did pretty good I think. not sure how brittle it is..

more pics

uberPHAGE 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM #10
k.macocker
customcockers.com

Quote:
lol...its a flatline....i wonder what comments this got at the field...
I couldn't find your post at first, lol.
I used to play my flatline tippmann 98 without a shroud, it served no purpose at all. just extra weight. and yes the comments came rushing in, lol..
Kmac
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 PM #11
MndTheGap23

I gotta get my buddy to take a picture of his flatline that he slapped an EI on. You know... for all those times that you want to shoot 13bps through a flatline barrel.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 AM #12
spyder137

i was thinking of trying something similar but w an APEX. did u guys really notice ne gains in distance???
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 AM #13
Warparty
Oh noes! A snipe-

Annual Supporting Member
Warparty is a Moderator
Warparty is a Supporting Member
Warparty is playing at Living Legends VI
Warparty supports Sherwood Forest
Warparty supports our troops
I have tried it on my cocker and the balls kept rolling out, so nothing there for the first shot. Getting a Python size kit will stop this from happening though. .

I use an APEX on my Viking and Mini and they are great. There is a huge range increase with the Apex. Unfortunately the accuracy suffers and the low velocity means ball will usually only breaks if you hit something hard, i.e mask, hoppeo, gun, etc. It is not a big issue with a fast electro, but on a 'cocker may be a big down side. Also I taped up the porting right behind the plastic end. It got me between 10-15 fps more in velocity. And the Apex is LOUD!!!! Sounds like a cannon the feild.

You might want to check out the LAPCO version A friend got one at Monster game this year and It is not only more accurate, but is also a lot quieter. I think it is superior to the BT APEX.

For saftey you have to crono the APEX with the spin adjustment all the way back(least amount of lift on the ball) so you dont excede your fields max velocity. I have tried my APEX up to 295 fps, and found the accuracy was very erratic. I found that at 250-260 fps it was much more consistant.

Hope this info helps you.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:59 AM #14
k.macocker
customcockers.com

flat line shows major increase in distance. but you have to adjust your game to utilize it in a positive way
Kmac