Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2008, 12:39 PM #85
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
It had a lot of disadvantages. It certainly wasn't as easy to shoot fast for a sustained period of time and the powerfeed made it difficult to shoot off hand. However, the foamie bolt meant it was gentle on paint and since it was maintained by one of the best techs on the planet, it shot well enough to certainly be competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
It was kind of funny to see the other pro players pawing over it.
Yeah, I shot at most those guys with that gun years ago. It was really funny to see how Raehl could shoot it better than they could. Heck, he could shoot it faster than I could.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2008, 12:49 PM #86
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
It had a lot of disadvantages. It certainly wasn't as easy to shoot fast for a sustained period of time and the powerfeed made it difficult to shoot off hand. However, the foamie bolt meant it was gentle on paint and since it was maintained by one of the best techs on the planet, it shot well enough to certainly be competitive.
That is absolutely crazy. I am sure with the best techs the gun would rip, but I would never imagine playing with it on a field full of pro's using electros.

Quote:
Yeah, I shot at most those guys with that gun years ago. It was really funny to see how Raehl could shoot it better than they could. Heck, he could shoot it faster than I could.
That is funny. I would of been right there with them taking in that piece of art.
paintballstud69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:55 PM #87
John

Annual Supporting Member
The switch to electronic guns wasn't overnight. They became a force around 1997 but lots of players used cockers and a few of us used mags for years. I didn't actually switch to an electronic gun until late in 2001. I owned several, but I played with a mechanical gun in events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballstud69 View Post
That is funny. I would of been right there with them taking in that piece of art.
Haha, it is way uglier up close.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:36 PM #88
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

Quote:
The switch to electronic guns wasn't overnight. They became a force around 1997 but lots of players used cockers and a few of us used mags for years. I didn't actually switch to an electronic gun until late in 2001. I owned several, but I played with a mechanical gun in events.

Haha, it is way uglier up close.
Lol, thanks for making work go by super fast I am sure you are just being modest lol. I still think it would be crazy to be on the field with pros. Hell I think that all the time.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:43 PM #89
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Lol, thanks for making work go by super fast I am sure you are just being modest lol. I still think it would be crazy to be on the field with pros. Hell I think that all the time.
Pros are still people, just people dedicated to playing. They just have some talent, experience or skill. Generally, they actually have all three. Most the time when they play rec-ball, they play a lot slower and less aggressively.

And no, I'm not being modest. The RT isn't in the best shape at the moment. But it is still loads of fun.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:55 PM #90
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

ionshooter93 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
No vs. threads.
Quote:
I'll so infract you for spam . . .
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK
ionshooter93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:03 PM #91
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

Quote:
Pros are still people, just people dedicated to playing. They just have some talent, experience or skill. Generally, they actually have all three. Most the time when they play rec-ball, they play a lot slower and less aggressively.

And no, I'm not being modest. The RT isn't in the best shape at the moment. But it is still loads of fun.
That is definately true. They have a love and dedication to the sport it is amazing.

I am sure you will get that RT back up there.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:05 PM #92
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

Quote:

You know you wanna give me that RT John
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK
Old 12-20-2008, 05:07 PM #93
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
That is definately true. They have a love and dedication to the sport it is amazing.

I am sure you will get that RT back up there.
For sure. Most pros lose money playing pro whether it is from spending money to be at events or just lost time at their real jobs. I don't know of a single one that doesn't love playing paintball. It might be work, but they wouldn't still do it if they didn't love it.

As for the RT, the problem is that it functions right now so I don't have the drive to do much to it. I know it could work much better, but I just haven't bothered to make that happen.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:07 PM #94
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

I'll tinker with the RT for yah
Old 12-20-2008, 05:09 PM #95
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

Quote:
For sure. Most pros lose money playing pro whether it is from spending money to be at events or just lost time at their real jobs. I don't know of a single one that doesn't love playing paintball. It might be work, but they wouldn't still do it if they didn't love it.

As for the RT, the problem is that it functions right now so I don't have the drive to do much to it. I know it could work much better, but I just haven't bothered to make that happen.
Yea it definitely would be fun to play all the time. Takes desire and dedication though.

At the moment I am working on a Timmy project and have just been lazy to finish it sinnce I have other working guns.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:11 PM #96
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionshooter93 View Post
You know you wanna give me that RT John
Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionshooter93 View Post
I'll tinker with the RT for yah
Double pass. The fact of the matter is, the new RT Customs or whatever from Airgun Designs that they sell now are way better guns. Faster, lighter, gentler on paint, vertical feed, better trigger pull and just overall cooler. Mine just has the sweet serial number.

I got one for Raehl recently and played with it before I turned it over. It was great fun. I want one.

Quote:
Yea it definitely would be fun to play all the time. Takes desire and dedication though.

At the moment I am working on a Timmy project and have just been lazy to finish it sinnce I have other working guns.
I've made a bunch of Timmy's over the years. They are great guns to mill and anodize to make one of a kind. I have a cocker in a million parts too that is probably that way because I have other working guns. That RT was in pieces in a bag in my basement for years.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:12 PM #97
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

Old school mags> All other.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:21 PM #98
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

Quote:
I've made a bunch of Timmy's over the years. They are great guns to mill and anodize to make one of a kind. I have a cocker in a million parts too that is probably that way because I have other working guns. That RT was in pieces in a bag in my basement for years.

That is what I am working on. It is still a work in progress. I know how you feel it has been a while since I started this project.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:25 PM #99
John

Annual Supporting Member
Nice. Dragon body and dualies. Good combo. You just need to get that chrome stripped off the dualies and the vert reg.

Here's the last Timmy I had milled and anodized with dualies. It started off as a GZ body.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:28 PM #100
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

Quote:
Nice. Dragon body and dualies. Good combo. You just need to get that chrome stripped off the dualies and the vert reg.

Here's the last Timmy I had milled and anodized with dualies. It started off as a GZ body.
Wow that is hot, I always loved yellow and black color combo. They flow well together.

I plan on getting the dragon anodized. I just have no idea what I want done yet.

EDIT: is that a single trigger?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:28 PM #101
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

Quote:

You should 2k5 that.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:31 PM #102
John

Annual Supporting Member
It was made and sold before the 2k4 frames even came out. But yeah, it would be cool with one. Notice how even the trigger guard and the tip of the trigger have both yellow and black?

Most my current guns are black. I really wish my RT was all black to be honest. I had it anodized blue after I stopped using it regularly and I've regretted it ever since.

Here some more of the custom Timmys I've done up.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:32 PM #103
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

Who do you use for Milling?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:34 PM #104
paintballstud69
Dodge Ram FTW

I am digging that third one. What kind of body did it start of as? All black guns are very nice, but I want something unique. It has already been done with a dragon. My RX is all black and it looks very good. Although I am really not a fan of dark colors.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:34 PM #105
John

Annual Supporting Member
I used to work at PMI so sometimes I'd just do the milling there. Other times I'd get friends to do it who worked in machine shops. I tried that Elias place once and they destroyed the body. The guy I use now is a mod here. WarpedMephisto. He did my Evil shocker.

It was just a 2k2 body. Here's a closer pic: