Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-24-2013, 02:59 PM #1
jjg1388

trying to start a high school team need help !!!!

how should I go about staring a high school paintball team even if we use reeballs in the gym? I know I have to talk to the athletic director but how should I bring it up to him?
jjg1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2013, 03:04 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Let's bump this into Paintball Talk.

I'd get in touch with the NCPA. They've got programs out there for high school teams.

http://ncpapaintball.com/

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:04 PM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
fyi, it takes hours to set up a speedball field. Once you have it all set up, using reballs is going to be a nightmare having to clean all that up. If you try to do it in the gym simply putting the speedball field up and taking it down will take up all your time.

And good luck trying to convince the county board of education that high schools need a paintball team.

Even if you do manage to get funding and plan on playing in the NCPA you'd still be better off practicing on a field. You can probably work out something where you get out early similar to OJT and then practice at the field as a private party during the weekday so you're not the *******s who won't let anyone play on the speedball field because you're having "team practice."

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:52 AM #4
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Another thing.....do any other high schools in your area have a paintball team? If not then what is the point in organizing one for your school? High school athletic teams compete against other high schools. If there is not competition then what is the purpose? It would be better of you to maybe just find kids in your school who to play and organizing a team outside of your school.
Another note, with the problem of people shooting up schools it is going to be ever more difficult to convince your school to support a paintball team

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote