Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 09:12 PM #1
Mattbrown_99
 
 
Mattbrown_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Mattbrown_99 is playing at Living Legends VII
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 supports Empire
Have you guys ever had anything stolen

After 3 years of playing I can say that i have never had anything stolen but I was wondering if you guys have any stories of stolen stuff. And if you have any advice on how to prevent stuff let the community know. I saw this video but it doesn't really help *snip*.
__________________
If your parents don't pay for your paintball gear, copy and paste this into your signature

Looking for team within london ontario

My setup
Invert mini + dye rotor + Ninja 50/4500

One day ill have my own paintball field in my backyard... one day

Last edited by Pump Scout : 12-02-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Mattbrown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2014, 12:02 AM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Someone once walked away with a pack of mine. Frustrating, since it had four full pods in it when it grew legs. I generally take "security teams" with me to the field. By which I mean my family.

By the way, that person's videos and such aren't allowed here. Just an FYI.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Secret Squirret stuff going on
Inception Designs . . . Stalker Paintball . . . Empire Paintball

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:46 AM #3
brink
 
brink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 618 So. IL
 has been a member for 10 years
Luckily I never have. I could have been robbed blind last weekend. I was messing with my gun when the ref said our group was heading out, and in my rush I left my truck unlocked with the passenger door hanging wide open. I had a clone gti, and brand new ccm t2 with a spire all sitting in plain sight. That was one of my face palm moments of the day.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:22 PM #4
Mattbrown_99
 
 
Mattbrown_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Mattbrown_99 is playing at Living Legends VII
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Someone once walked away with a pack of mine. Frustrating, since it had four full pods in it when it grew legs. I generally take "security teams" with me to the field. By which I mean my family.

By the way, that person's videos and such aren't allowed here. Just an FYI.
Oh never knew that after reading the thread about him I have lost 100% respect for him. So sorry for posting the link
__________________
If your parents don't pay for your paintball gear, copy and paste this into your signature

Looking for team within london ontario

My setup
Invert mini + dye rotor + Ninja 50/4500

One day ill have my own paintball field in my backyard... one day
Mattbrown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:24 PM #5
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
No worries, you're new here, and we try to be as easy-going as possible.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Secret Squirret stuff going on
Inception Designs . . . Stalker Paintball . . . Empire Paintball

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 PM #6
aclark364
 
 
aclark364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Jersey
aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ive had my pads stolled once but that was it in about 16 years of playing.
also didnt know he was band from pbn.
__________________
Wife: well i love you. I dont understand paintball.

Pump OT
aclark364 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:04 PM #7
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL
 
Stealthgerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Nothing yet. I lock my car up, don't lend out any gear, and I don't trust anyone that isn't a personal friend.
Stealthgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:58 PM #8
Mattbrown_99
 
 
Mattbrown_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Mattbrown_99 is playing at Living Legends VII
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgerbil View Post
Nothing yet. I lock my car up, don't lend out any gear, and I don't trust anyone that isn't a personal friend.
Do you leave your stuff in your car because on a friday night byop i bring my gear in and leave it in the waiting room while im playing. but my field does have cameras.
__________________
If your parents don't pay for your paintball gear, copy and paste this into your signature

Looking for team within london ontario

My setup
Invert mini + dye rotor + Ninja 50/4500

One day ill have my own paintball field in my backyard... one day
Mattbrown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:09 PM #9
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
A couple of tools, many pods, squeegees stolen out of my tool box. One certified field was notorious for theft. I lost so much stuff there. Like as soon as I chucked my pod after refilling my hopper, some kid would pick it up and run off with it. I started marking them when I got in a huge argument with a douchebag kid who claimed my pod was his, after I just chucked it. I saw him run toward it, pick it up, then claim it was his and said I had no proof it was mine. As I walked off the field, I caught another kid extracting a squeegee from my tool box. When I caught him he said he just needed it for his barrel. Ok, then why didn't he ask permission to open my tool box? I put a lock on it afterwards, because I had a Jeep wrangler with no top at the time.

My marker never leaves my hand. Newbies think it's some kind of godgun, because they think I don't have any skill. They believe my marker costs more than it is, so I know its going to be stolen as soon as I lay it down.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:12 PM #10
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class
 
dreadmuppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dela-where?
Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
A couple of tools, many pods, squeegees stolen out of my tool box. One certified field was notorious for theft. I lost so much stuff there. Like as soon as I chucked my pod after refilling my hopper, some kid would pick it up and run off with it. I started marking them when I got in a huge argument with a douchebag kid who claimed my pod was his, after I just chucked it. I saw him run toward it, pick it up, then claim it was his and said I had no proof it was mine. As I walked off the field, I caught another kid extracting a squeegee from my tool box. When I caught him he said he just needed it for his barrel. Ok, then why didn't he ask permission to open my tool box? I put a lock on it afterwards, because I had a Jeep wrangler with no top at the time.

My marker never leaves my hand. Newbies think it's some kind of godgun, because they think I don't have any skill. They believe my marker costs more than it is, so I know its going to be stolen as soon as I lay it down.
All of that is all sorts of horrible.

On the fields I play at if someone finds a pod they hold it up in the air asking whose it is the entire way back to the staging area.

"Pod? Pod? I found a pod! Is this your pod? Pod! This looks like your pod. Pod? No one? Alright, I am just going to put it on this table here. In case someone forgot it."
__________________
New Castle is protected by:
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:19 PM #11
mulletman
Recball Superstar
 
mulletman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Snow Island
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbrown_99 View Post
Do you leave your stuff in your car because on a friday night byop i bring my gear in and leave it in the waiting room while im playing. but my field does have cameras.
I imagine you are talking about an indoor field, I doubt he is
__________________
yohoho and a bottle of rum
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:33 PM #12
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy
 
jonotwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE ohio
Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
No worries, you're new here, and we try to be as easy-going as possible.
thats how they lul you into a false sense of security....


i was going to have a joke here but i forgot it. The punch line was "then you catch yourself with potato chips on your chest browsing small talk at 3:22 on a tuesday morning.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:31 PM #13
Mattbrown_99
 
 
Mattbrown_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Mattbrown_99 is playing at Living Legends VII
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mattbrown_99 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
thats how they lul you into a false sense of security....


i was going to have a joke here but i forgot it. The punch line was "then you catch yourself with potato chips on your chest browsing small talk at 3:22 on a tuesday morning.
I mean I cant afford to play paintball 24/7 so this gets me off in the mean time.
__________________
If your parents don't pay for your paintball gear, copy and paste this into your signature

Looking for team within london ontario

My setup
Invert mini + dye rotor + Ninja 50/4500

One day ill have my own paintball field in my backyard... one day
Mattbrown_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:54 PM #14
Devil Ops FL
The Panda!!
 
Devil Ops FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FL
Devil Ops FL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Devil Ops FL owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Devil Ops FL plays in the APPA D4 division
I let my teammate borrow my Ego7 and a tank that I had used for years after I got my Ego11. He forgot to close the tailgate and didn't realize for about 5 minutes, turned around, and his gear bag was gone along with all of his gear, including a geo 2.1, an axe, a spire, a rotor, multiple masks, a tank, pants, pads, etc. A couple months later, we see it all on craigslist and contact the person telling them that it's our gear and that we have serial numbers to prove it. They were going to sell it back to us for a cheaper price than they posted because they claimed they purchased it from someone else. A week later they stop contacting us and took the ad down off of craigslist. I still miss that gun.
__________________
I AM THE PANDA!
Devil Ops FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:03 PM #15
teshawnsb
keep shooting....
 
teshawnsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
teshawnsb owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Once upon a time...

I had my marker stolen, I was only 13 at the time so paintball was still new to me. I just had enough for a spider imagine and all the basic stuff to get me out there to play. My house was broken into and they stole my marker and various stuff from my room. That was all I had which held me back from playing for a long time since I couldnt afford it. If it was to happen at a field, everything I needed is what I brought and is what I used at that moment so my bag would be empty. I just suggest putting your stuff by the employees only if like you know them or something, that really helps.
__________________
keep shooting...
teshawnsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:04 PM #16
teshawnsb
keep shooting....
 
teshawnsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
teshawnsb owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Ops FL View Post
I let my teammate borrow my Ego7 and a tank that I had used for years after I got my Ego11. He forgot to close the tailgate and didn't realize for about 5 minutes, turned around, and his gear bag was gone along with all of his gear, including a geo 2.1, an axe, a spire, a rotor, multiple masks, a tank, pants, pads, etc. A couple months later, we see it all on craigslist and contact the person telling them that it's our gear and that we have serial numbers to prove it. They were going to sell it back to us for a cheaper price than they posted because they claimed they purchased it from someone else. A week later they stop contacting us and took the ad down off of craigslist. I still miss that gun.
I would of said I got the money to buy all of it, have the police come with you to meet them and have the serial numbers handy and you could of got it all back.
__________________
keep shooting...
teshawnsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:31 PM #17
iix FRITZ
Paintball is Stupid....
 
iix FRITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
iix FRITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iix FRITZ supports DLX Technology
I had half of a case of paint stolen at a field once. Thats about it.
__________________
Originally posted by Frankie says chillax: I swear half the noobs at a field have 0 basic common sense skills.
It's like one big Special Ed. field trip to the shooty paints field.

I'm a civilized redneck.

Homefield - Wiseguy Paintball

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG IF YOU SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
iix FRITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:58 PM #18
zoo520
dust black
 
zoo520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
zoo520 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zoo520 plays in the APPA D4 division
Had a vapored b2k along with all my gear stolen when my house was burglarized back in 07, i think the year was. Didnt play ball for years as a result until i finally caved and got back into the swing.

But pods, barrel cleaners, microfibers etc are all things you can pretty much expect to disappear on a weekly basis. Half the time its because i loan them out to people who the very next week will ask if they can borrow the same damn thing they lost last week, but somehow dont recall. Kleptos.
__________________
Delicious762:
"I put HK stickers on my pods and throw them down the field to bait agglets out of their bunkers."


PM8 / Poison Geo2 / Midnight Geo3
zoo520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:49 PM #19
EmpireEmperor
 
 
EmpireEmperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
I had a pair of pajama pants stolen out of my gear bag. That was it, nothing else.

Who steals pajama pants?
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:52 PM #20
Ehere77
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
I saw 2 kids going through my stuff when I was walking off the field. I just looked at them and they went away haha.
__________________
I farted
Ehere77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:38 PM #21
EthanK.
And we will find you...
 
EthanK.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
EthanK. is playing at Living Legends VI
EthanK. is playing at Living Legends VII
EthanK. plays in the APPA beginner division
EthanK. supports Empire
EthanK. is a Forum Captain
I've heard of fields going into lockdown because of stolen gear. They'll contact the police and have refs at the exits. It's nice to know that the majority of paintballers are honest and looking out for one another.
__________________
Support your local fields and pro shops!
Support Pump Play!
EthanK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump