PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM #1
vs3 man ftw

vs3 man ftw has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
just accquired a stingray.

for 8.51 i ahve some questions cause its a project.
1. Can you make it pump
2. what should i do to make a stock.
3. does it take barrels? ( sounds like a stupid question but you have to mod a talon for one )

hope to make a fun little project to play in woodsball or something
Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 AM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

1. Probably, but it wouldn't be easy and I can't imagine the results being very pleasing.

2. Are you planning on keeping it backbottle or put a bottomline adapter on it?

3. Yes, it takes Stingray barrels. J&J and TASO used to make barrels for them and LAPCO makes an adapter so that you can put Spyder barrel on them. http://www.lapcopaintball.com/store/...products_id=73
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:40 PM #3
Isharfoxat

1. Yes, you can... As easy as turning an automatic car transmission to manual... Unless you're REALLY skilled, I'd say NO... it's definitly not designed for that... I'm currently trying a Garand M1 customization and I'm pretty happy not to have chosen a SPAS-12 project!

2. Depends... I suggest ou completely remove the polymer handle and find a hollow stock and a bottle that fits inside... You can also use a mamba...

3. You can either spend 17 bucks for the LAPCO adapter (it's re-released for 2010), but you'll be spyder-threaded.If you want to play with a A5/X7 barrel, Lapco also designs spyder-to-A5 adapters... Adding adapters to adapters sounds weird but kinda fun!
3. OR you can DIY... All you need is (love): a good mechanic workshop and big aluminium bars...
Isharfoxat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:57 PM #4
FirstTarget

The Tiger Shark is the pump. It can still be had. The switch from Sting Ray back to Tiger Shark can be done. But it might be a lot less expensive to find and buy or trade for a Tiger Shark. Plus Sting Rays are long out of production.
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:45 PM #5
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
The Tiger Shark is the pump. It can still be had. The switch from Sting Ray back to Tiger Shark can be done. But it might be a lot less expensive to find and buy or trade for a Tiger Shark. Plus Sting Rays are long out of production.
Have you actually seen these two guns side by side? Same shape to the grip frame, EVERYTHING ELSE is completely different. There is no "converting" between the two at all. Different barrel threads (well the Stingray is a slip fit with pin retention so you can't really call it a "threading", the Tigershark uses a shortened Raptor thread), bodies are about 6 inches different in length, internals are about as unrelated as can be (Tigershark being a Nelson type pump, Stingray having a layout similar to Tippmann but with a different valve).

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM #6
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Apart from the frame retention pins, do the Stingray and the Tigershark share even a single common part?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 PM #7
texastweeter

i used to have a pretty hightly modded stingray back in the day that I liked. Had a Boss progressive barrel, polished internals, rubber detent ball, double trigger, 3 way trigger job, penny trick and stiffer spring, and i used the backbottle mount but with a remote.
texastweeter is offline   Reply With Quote