Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 PM #1
Th3RadMan

What are the best upgrades for 2011?

I heard the feedneck, trigger, and barrel are the best things to upgrade. I was looking at CP parts which seem pretty good. For the trigger I know it is personal preference, but what is your favorite one?

I have been looking at the PMR ultralite rake rake trigger which looks pretty good. For the feedneck I was looking at the CP clamping feedneck, and the barrel a J&J barrel. Just wondering if there is any real benefit to grabbing the 2 pc barrel, instead of a single pc barrel. Finally I was thinking of upgrading the asa to a CP dovetail one with the on/off because I like having the option of bleeding the air out. I heard the mini version isn't flush with the grip or something like that, is that true?
Th3RadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 PM #2
Mac10tuna

I upgraded mine quite a bit and love it.
I recently sold it to my cousin and he is loving it as well.

Here are the mods I felt were worth the money:
Barrel (I did a cp 1 piece. I wish I would have just bought a 2 piece though)
Dye clamping feedneck. (I wish I would have done a low profile one though)
Cp on/off ASA. (One of the best upgrades I did.)
Macro line between the reg and ASA with swivel fittings.

Don't get too crazy with the mods, you can buy a better gun by the time you do all these little upgrades. I switched to an axe, but we bought a used reflex rail for my buddy and it is night and day from the rail.

Decide what you ultimately want out of your gun before you start throwing money at it.
I wanted an OLED board, better trigger, and no air line which is why I ended up with an axe.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:58 AM #3
EpikYummeh
Doodlebug Sportz!

EpikYummeh plays in the APPA beginner division
EpikYummeh supports Empire
I'd recommend you look at upgrading your entire gun before you start pumping money into the Rail. Yes a clamping feedneck and on/off ASA are very nice, but are they worth the money for a PMR?

You might look at buying an older Dye Matrix (DM). Or a Proto Reflex Rail, which has a nicer solenoid than the PMR as well as the cosmetic and functional upgrades including the NT-style on/off ASA (very nice!), clamping feedneck, and 2-piece 14" Proto barrel. Either way you go you're looking at $300-450, but very much worth it.
EpikYummeh is offline   Reply With Quote