Community Focus

Old 02-26-2015, 01:25 PM #1
-.N.M.E.-
Some Guy

-.N.M.E.- helped look for balloons
-.N.M.E.- supports Team VICIOUS
-.N.M.E.- is for the Gunfight
Purchased an older Rail. What's next?

Hey guys. I'm getting back into paintball after about 10 years of not playing, and I just picked up an older PMR (05 or 06 maybe, not exactly sure). Pretty much stock aside from a CP on/off and CP barrel. Last gun I shot was a heavily modded DP G3.

Got a pretty good price on it and I really just intend on running it for a few months until I get comfortable enough to upgrade. What first mods would you recommend? Any issues that I should be aware of? Any parts that are known for breaking that I should replace right away?

So far, I've picked up a rebuild kit to swap all of the O-rings. Shopping list includes feedneck, trigger, grips.

Last edited by -.N.M.E.- : 02-26-2015 at 01:39 PM.
-.N.M.E.- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2015, 08:25 AM #2
Resevil85

I just got back in after about 5 years of not playing and the last marker I had was a PMR. I remember the older ones people said to upgrade the back caps but that is about it. All the upgrades you listed are mostly personal, none will make the gun shoot any better. Does the feedneck grip your loader tight enough? if it does I would just leave it alone, same thing with grips if their not falling apart I would pass. The trigger is a different story, play around with it and see if you can adjust it to where you like it, if not go ahead and get something else cause trigger feel is different for everyone. All in all their great guns the first one I bought when I got back in a few months ago was a reflex rail, haven't had a problem with it (except she don't like the cold)
Resevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:50 PM #3
cmdrsuds

back cap, feed neck, and trigger (in that order) might be needed but grips are minimal benefit in my opinion.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:14 AM #4
-.N.M.E.-
Some Guy

Good call on the back cap. Did some searching around and back cap leaks seem to be pretty common. Guess I'll go that route first.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:25 PM #5
R3L
CCM is not a verb

PMR parts are dirt cheap in eBay now. Here's what I did with PMRs:

Replace the plastic backcap before the Allen hole strips. All of the aftermarket parts are aluminum.

The plastic feedneck collar can crack. Fortunately the plastic part can be replaced with a Dye collar. There are a few on eBay right now.

The trigger can be replaced by a Dye UL trigger which is less sloppy.
R3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:47 AM #6
-.N.M.E.-
Some Guy

Thanks for the info. After taking the gun apart to clean it out, I found that the back cap on my gun is already aluminum which is great. The adjustment screws on my stock trigger are stripped so I have a new trigger on the way. Stock feedneck is fine so far but I really hate having to use an allen to tighten the clamp, so I picked up a lever-style clamping feedneck to drop in.

She seems pretty reliable so far. Looking forward to ripping her on the field this weekend!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:51 PM #7
cmdrsuds

If you ever want to upgrade the board virtue's are listed for $35 on ebay, and virtue offers free updated software for life. Not needed but definitely nice...

-
DENVER KAOS
Old 03-09-2015, 08:41 AM #8
-.N.M.E.-
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
If you ever want to upgrade the board virtue's are listed for $35 on ebay, and virtue offers free updated software for life. Not needed but definitely nice...
Good to know - thank you!

Took the gun out on Saturday for the first time and it shot great until I blew the reg. Had to replace it with a CP reg but aside from that no issues.

So far I've swapped the stock trigger and feedneck to the nicer Dye units which I found on Amazon for about $5 each, plus a set of grips and a new O-ring kit for around $6 together. Great bang for the buck thus far!

Last edited by -.N.M.E.- : 03-09-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:05 PM #9
cmdrsuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by -.N.M.E.- View Post
Good to know - thank you!

Took the gun out on Saturday for the first time and it shot great until I blew the reg. Had to replace it with a CP reg but aside from that no issues.

So far I've swapped the stock trigger and feedneck to the nicer Dye units which I found on Amazon for about $5 each, plus a set of grips and a new O-ring kit for around $6 together. Great bang for the buck thus far!
Great to hear! Is that stock reg for sale?

-
DENVER KAOS
Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM #10
-.N.M.E.-
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
Great to hear! Is that stock reg for sale?
It certainly can be haha. I don't plan to re-use it anytime soon since the CP seems to be holding up very well. If you're interested just shoot me a PM!