PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 AM #1
Delux3

PMR 2010 balls exiting but dropping off

Hey guys

I am looking at buying a Dye proto rail PMR 2nd hand as I am getting a good deal.

They said it is struggling to fire. It apparently triggers and actuates but doesn't give enough air pressure to fire...is it something little stupid? Maybe the reg adjustment?
Sorry I know it is difficult to tell from just a msg but I haven't seen it yet and just wondering if it is worth my while trying to fix!

Some more info:

1. Apparently it started gradually misfiring until it stopped completely firing correctly...don't know over what time period..

2. When the trigger is pulled, the ball exits the barrel but falls about 2m further and the status light shows no error blinking codes.

3. Has had roughly 4000 balls through it.

4. It's a 2010 PMR

I haven't seen it yet and have only gotten this info!

Wondering if anyone could help please!

Thanks a mil!
Delux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2014, 12:19 PM #2
Punisher068

1 Check the battery. Use a high quality 9v
2 Check the reg pressure. Usually drop off is from the pressure,reg may need a rebuild,Hypers aren't fun to rebuild.Be careful not to overpressurize it and make the noid vent
3 Check the dwell.Older PMRs tend to need the dwell bumped up from the stock setting
Can you test fire it before you buy it?Bring a crono too if you can.Just because it will fire doesn't mean it will fire at field speed
Unless you're getting it under $75 or it has a a UL frame may want to avoid this marker
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:37 PM #3
Delux3

Thanks for the reply!

I was also thinking it could be a good clean and lube needed!

Thanks for all the input! I can test fire it, but don't have a chromo unfortunately....I'm also thinking of maybe first cleaning and lubing it and turning the reg completely before test firing..but I need to buy it then.

I am getting the marker, i4, carbon bottle (which may be damaged), pod pack and 6 pods, and 1000 paintballs. and a cheap force feed hopper. for 100$.. The guy is eager to get rid of it! I am happy at that price because I can re-coop the cost by selling the rest if it does need more work than a clean and lube.

Am I thinking about this clearly? hehe

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:00 PM #4
Punisher068

Definitely a good deal
If it's been sitting unused it will need a relube.The lube tends to cake and dry up when sitting
Don't crank the reg up too high,you risk damaging the solenoid(expensive) or the gasket(hard to find,PITA to replace)between the noid&body
This model PMR really benefits from the TechT bolt upgrade.It decreases the dwell and OP so overpressurizing is not as much of an issue
Good luck,hope it works out well for you
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM #5
Delux3

Thanks a mil, I think i'll go for it then and then spend some much needed time cleaning it up and what not!

Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:41 AM #6
EpikYummeh
Doodlebug Sportz!

EpikYummeh plays in the APPA beginner division
EpikYummeh supports Empire
If you have any more problems let us know!
EpikYummeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:05 AM #7
Delux3

Will do thanks!!
Old 06-23-2014, 04:44 AM #8
Delux3

Just to let you guys and any future viewers of this thread know, it ended up being the solenoid for the most part.

But to get it sorted, I lubed and cleaned the bolt. Then got our local Dye tech to kindly, service the reg, (the seat was completely broken) and to increase the reg pressure. The solenoid and eyes were replaced and now she shoots ropes!! Loving this marker