Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-13-2016, 01:49 PM #1
Canadiana1867 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Help with 2010 PMR - Power Button Sticks

I've got a 2010 PMR that has a sticky power button. Once I press it in far enough to turn the marker on it often doesn't come out again. I opened the grips and it looks like the whole button housing separates a couple millimeters from the frame and remains pressed against the button sensor (in contrast, the eye button right below it moves just enough to touch the sensor, then returns to its original position resting flush on the frame). Most of the time the gun will turn off again after turning on, then turn on again in an otherwise endless cycle.

Right now if I turn it on then tilt the gun backwards and tap the side of the frame it normally jiggles back out so the gun works. I was wondering:
A) if this has happened to anyone else,
B) what you recommend to solve the problem, and
C) do you know if the button housing (visible only from inside the grips) needs to be able to move, or can it be glued down? i.e. does the button push the whole housing forward normally, or does it have a hollow center that the button pushes through to activate the center, without the housing moving? To me it looks like the first scenario (the whole thing is just one piece, and it needs to be able to move off the frame).

Although I bought the gun new and still have the receipt, it was 6 years ago now and I doubt Proto would do anything about.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Canadiana1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 05-18-2016, 10:41 AM #2
Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends IX
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
Shocker_Monkey supports Ninja Paintball
The housing on the outside is simply cosmetic. The buttons themselves are actually captured by the frame from the inside. My recommendation would be to remove the board so you can pull the button out. Make sure it and the hole it goes through are clean and free of paint/debris/glue/etc. The button pieces should have a little bit of play to them.

As a note my rubber pad thing around the buttons fell out of my frame and I simply glued it back in without issue. I can get pictures of mine later if you want.

Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote