PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-29-2008, 10:59 PM #1
barrel roll
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Another midwatch

Here I sit, in a building with only AC (the architects and engineers who worked on this place came up with a great idea... if there are enough people in the building you won't need heaters to keep it comfortable, too bad manning has been cut by 2/3rds). It is 40 degrees outsite... this isn't right. I think God hates me or something. Maybe it is just my section leader, I only stand 2 watches; 2330-0330 or 0330 to 0730 (turn-over time). Yes, they are only 4 hour watches. Yes, I am a babysitter. I am in a TS building, babysitting a telephone, a student that checks TS and Secret rooms, and a log of mo-fos in the building after working hours. Shore duty. Its greeeaaaaat, if it weren't for the damn politics and idiots running the show I'd be like a pig in ****. It doesn't hurt that the CO was my first CO from 8 years ago... but then again, he and I don't converse much... aside from a random funny e-mail every now and again reminising about the bajillion crazy stories he'd tell us before a crazy outside agency inspection.

I get chuckles every now again, listening to the base's security goofs on the radio (I have one sitting next to me, you know in case **** hits the fan... we're one of those "special" bases). "Yea... ugh.... we just picked up a couple Marines who jumped the fence... yea... ugh... underaged drinking" Typical stuff.

My freaking hands are going numb, did I mention there were no heaters here? The chair I'm sitting on smells like hooker ***, too.

More to come... I'm just trying to stay awake... it is hard when you are cold and bored.
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 PM #2
 has been a member for 10 years
He really hates you....he told me so!
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM #3
I feel your pain dude. I have spent countless hours on the mid cold and board!
SPEpiphSnapShooter is offline   Reply With Quote