Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing a DVD of the final GPL Event?
Yes, If my team is in the film. 39 44.32%
Yes, Finally some love for the east coast. 38 43.18%
Maybe, If I see my agg self in the trailer 6 6.82%
No thanks. 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM #1
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

has been a member for 10 years
DeadlyAssasin donated to help Peyton Trent
DeadlyAssasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DeadlyAssasin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Question Gauging Interest : Who would be interested in GPL Final Event DVD?

Everyone,

I am a current employee for a local media arts company who does sports coverage and video production. I am also currently pursuing a degree in both Graphic Design, and Interactive Media. The company I work for is looking to branch out their media services and I am in the process of trying to convince them to start working on paintball films. A lot of you may know me and even had graphic or design work done from me in the past, but if you don't I will provide a little information about myself.

I've played paintball for about 8 years total and about 6 nationally. I have played for several teams from the area including Arsenal D1, East Coast Underground, Crims Factory, Crims Underground, ECX Factory, Bucktown Bandits and several others. I have a pretty good idea of what paintball players want from both a business and satisfaction aspect. I also feel that is it quite unfair how the west coast teams get huge coverage from both a local and national standpoint and think this is the perfect situation for the east coast teams to feel the love.

Now to the main point. I have spoken to my employer about running this new division focused on paintball and action sports, as well as Cyndi from the GPL about the costs and regulations of filming the final GPL Event. I am putting the numbers together and I wanted to get a good idea of how many people would actually be interested in being in and purchasing a copy if a DVD was produced? If we go through with this based on the numbers we should have at least 2 cameras out there on both days of the event, filming all divisions. Also we are considering offering certain teams the option of purchasing a spotlight in the film as we may have several segments about specific teams. The idea is to create an action packed movie to launch our new branch with.

So in conclusion... Please let me know if you would be interested in being in and purchasing a dvd if one was made.

Thanks,

*Update*

We have finalized everything and are set to launch our new production company at the GPL Finale. We will be working with the help of Rick from OA and the entire GPL staff in hopes to bring you some of the best footage the east coast has seen. More information on the DVD below and our website will be up in the next couple of days.

The DVD will be titles "Local Legends." The movie is a tribute to all the paintball players who grind it out every Sunday only to play local events and never see the Glory of the national level. This production is inspired by all the teams on the East Coast that never see the media coverage the West Coast teams see. This is for every paintball player who has spent countless dollars yet has never traveled the world, never been in a magazine, a DVD, or poster. The movie will feature all GPL Divisions from 3, 5, and 7-Man. It will also offer teams a chance to purchase a spotlight segment in the film which will provide a 6-10 minute clip of your team's event footage, personal interviews, and behind the scenes look at your team in the pits. For more information on the Team Segments please PM me.

Last edited by DeadlyAssasin : 11-11-2008 at 11:34 PM.
DeadlyAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2008, 01:22 PM #2
laxplaya88
Mr.AGG.com/gov.html

laxplaya88 plays in the PSP
laxplaya88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
laxplaya88 plays in the APPA D4 division
Sounds sweet, would consider
laxplaya88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:13 PM #3
MonkeyWrenchProd

I wish I had the size to pull this off. The only thing that is keeping me from doing this is gaining rights to songs.

MonkeyWrenchProd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM #4
dpkidsrocks2

finish mvpb first

But yes, if a DVD was made, I would definitely buy it =)
dpkidsrocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 PM #5
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos

Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
Clutchman plays in the PSP
Clutchman plays in the APPA D1 division
Id buy it.Only if my agg self was in it tho.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM #6
breakout17 (Banned)

if your gonna spotlight teams my team would pay for it..prob lift to cause there more agg then us so.

pm me though
breakout17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 AM #7
iLIKEfudge4u

It would be cool but not sure if you are going to sell enough. people are only going to buy it if their team is in it or they are in it and even there people are going to copy it with this new age of dvd burning. i think it is a good idea but dont think you will get your $$'s worth. why do you think raspn is no longer covering the gpl or the ccpl. remember that? they use to cover all the ccpls but there was just no money and no market in it in this area.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 AM #8
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLIKEfudge4u View Post
It would be cool but not sure if you are going to sell enough. people are only going to buy it if their team is in it or they are in it and even there people are going to copy it with this new age of dvd burning. i think it is a good idea but dont think you will get your $$'s worth. why do you think raspn is no longer covering the gpl or the ccpl. remember that? they use to cover all the ccpls but there was just no money and no market in it in this area.
That's a very good point. That however is something you deal with in any type of video production.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM #9
fkzbackman

id buy it as long as my team was in it atleast once.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:44 PM #10
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

175 views.. 25 votes
Old 11-01-2008, 05:19 PM #11
TeamChaos99
DAT LUXE

TeamChaos99 donated to help Peyton Trent
TeamChaos99 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
TeamChaos99 is Boss
maybe join up with m-w and do a combination vid? to get more footy and ****

Free Agent Powered By: Prestige Paintball | Ground Assault Paintball Park | The Meadowlands | Oringmonkey | PootyPaintball | Ninja Paintball
TeamChaos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:51 PM #12
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

I don't know what type of equipment M-W uses but we will have several Canon GL2's out there. There will be more than one person filming. However it wouldn't be in our budget to pay an additional cameraman.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:21 PM #13
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
im sure my team would be willing to do a spotlight deal if that were the case....and ya wed all buy it if our teams were in it lol
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:22 PM #14
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

I am finalizing all the information on our end and I will start contacting people interested in a spotlight deal. So if you are interested please post here and I will PM you as soon as I have the pricing, and deal finalized.

Thanks everyone for your help. Please keep voting and posting.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 PM #15
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

*Update*

The DVD will be titles "Local Legends." The movie is a tribute to all the paintball players who grind it out every Sunday only to play local events and never see the Glory of the national level. This production is inspired by all the teams on the East Coast that never see the media coverage the West Coast teams see. This is for every paintball player who has spent countless dollars yet has never traveled the world, never been in a magazine, a DVD, or poster. The movie will feature all GPL Divisions from 3, 5, and 7-Man. It will also offer teams a chance to purchase a spotlight segment in the film which will provide a 6-10 minute clip of your team's event footage, personal interviews, and behind the scenes look at your team in the pits. For more information on the Team Segments please PM me.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:05 PM #16
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

I've sent out PM's concerning team spotlights. There are only 4 spots which are on a first come first serve basis.

Thanks,
Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 PM #17
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
hey man...you will be gettn a pm from me in the next few days... just gotta talk to the team this sunday
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:00 AM #18
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

This weekend guys! This weekend
Old 11-19-2008, 08:20 PM #19
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

I wanted to let the teams know that we will be arriving Saturday around Noon but will start recording as soon as we arrive and be there all night. Sunday we will be there from start to finish.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:01 PM #20
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

Another update guys. We will be offering all teams the option of being spotlighted in the film even after initial filming of the event. We will be recording as many games as possible so if your team is still interested in a spotlight but don't have the cash in time for the event we still offer it. You however will need to fill out a form with information on your team and also be in close enough distance that we can travel to arrange interviews with your team etc. Also you can purchase a spotlight tomorrow. Feel free to come up to any of our cameramen for more information.

See you all tomorrow! Dress warm.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 PM #21
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

We have some video of 7-man. We however had some complications on our way to the event that caused us to arrive way later then scheduled. Our weekly football production ran late Saturday morning and we had small car accident on our way to the event Saturday. We didn't arrive until around 2:30-3pm which caused us to miss almost all of the 3-man and 7-man action. We decided that forking out the money to produce this DVD would of not been worth it in the end because of the expenses and lack of footage. It would be rather hard to sell a high volume of copies of just 5-man footage.

We are however going to make a small trailer of the footage we did put together as a teaser/trailer of whats in store for our company next year. We will be working hard this off-season to ensure something like this does not happen again. Expect to see us at both local and some national events next year with several DVD releases. We will also be offering team documentaries, field promos, etc. So hold tight

Also be patient on the teaser video hopefully we will have it up by next week. Teams I know we recorded were

Lancaster Aggression
Hogans Alley
Infamy
Venom
Crazy 8
Orion
Lift
a couple other clips