PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-28-2008, 11:12 AM #43
kitono

kitono plays in the APPA D5 division
That's all good but on the same note people aren't always knowingly cheat. Generally it should be fairly obvious if they do but if someone is caught wiping I think They should be pulled.
Here's an Idea!!
Why don't we just have people who aren't playing the game do serious nppl style reffing? Aka pulling penalties (341) and stuff for people cheating. I think it would help create the atmosphere that we want.
We could then convince the nppl/xpsl organizations to require more than just 1 weekend of reffing. Like having 3 weekends worth of paid reffing (half by the tournament half by the park maybe?) at raza so that they become better refs.
I don't know I'm just throwing stuff out there hehe.
edit:
I'd probably be willing to pay an extra 5 bucks if it meant we had dedicated refs out on the fields.

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
kitono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2008, 01:43 PM #44
crazy_hiiphop
No Remose

crazy_hiiphop posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitono View Post
That's all good but on the same note people aren't always knowingly cheat. Generally it should be fairly obvious if they do but if someone is caught wiping I think They should be pulled.
Here's an Idea!!
Why don't we just have people who aren't playing the game do serious nppl style reffing? Aka pulling penalties (341) and stuff for people cheating. I think it would help create the atmosphere that we want.
We could then convince the nppl/xpsl organizations to require more than just 1 weekend of reffing. Like having 3 weekends worth of paid reffing (half by the tournament half by the park maybe?) at raza so that they become better refs.
I don't know I'm just throwing stuff out there hehe.
edit:
I'd probably be willing to pay an extra 5 bucks if it meant we had dedicated refs out on the fields.
Honestly, most of us usually call people out on hits. Little people decide to play on. If you want to pay people for reffing. Go on ahead. No need for charging for more to play.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM #45
0p2mistik
InvisibleChildren.com

Great post! Is Miramar further or closer to Los Angeles ?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:04 PM #46
crazy_hiiphop
No Remose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0p2mistik View Post
Great post! Is Miramar further or closer to Los Angeles ?
10 - 20 minutes further.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:27 PM #47
kitono

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_hiiphop View Post
Honestly, most of us usually call people out on hits. Little people decide to play on. If you want to pay people for reffing. Go on ahead. No need for charging for more to play.
You're right on the first part. People usually call people out on hits if they don't call themselves out.
My post was mainly in response to Todd's post on how much cheating goes on nowadays and how we don't really look at it negatively. It was a suggestion as a possible solution. I didn't say it was the best solution.
I'm not saying I want to pay more for reffing (just that I would if necessary). If people want more experienced refs at the tournaments, It's gotta come out of someone's pocket- Usually ours through tourney fees.

When I work at Pendleton on the airball field all day I don't just sit there and call the games. I practice at even tourney style reffing. (sans penalties)
I don't care if I get shot in the process. If a lot of other people did this I think it would make for better refs at the tournaments. Just like paintball players, you become a better ref with more time at it on the field as long as you have the drive.

That's just my 2 cents

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM #48
ItsAPandemic
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_hiiphop View Post
10 - 20 minutes further.
If that, since its all freeway. Its probably about the same since Miramar is right off the freeway and you dont have to go on side streets or up the mountain and such. So in comparison there the same distance time wise.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:34 PM #49
crazy_hiiphop
No Remose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAPandemic View Post
If that, since its all freeway. Its probably about the same since Miramar is right off the freeway and you dont have to go on side streets or up the mountain and such. So in comparison there the same distance time wise.
True
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 PM #50
mObSceEn
The Spaniard

basically what we need to happen @ the new field is we need people to be mature about things like this, and maybe grow up a little and realize you cant be a kid forever (no matter what LA tells you)...in other words we need to be ADULTS about this....HA Army! LOL

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
TK, Mission Kr3w
GOLDEN STATE PIRATES
REP UR HOOD SON!!!RAZA PARK
www.razalife.com
mObSceEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM #51
Sebajeiko

Hey guys! im happy too, cuz i gonna stay in the downtown for my 2 month in San diego. So the field would be rly near where i gonna stay.

i hope i will see u guys later!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM #52
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
Thank you Todd!

I love how the pros are calling out the cheaters in the game.

If I wasn't on the other side of the country, Gecko would be my home field.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM #53
RokindaDmfizzle
RYAN MARTIN #12

RokindaDmfizzle is a Professional paintball player
RokindaDmfizzle plays in the USPL
RokindaDmfizzle plays in the PSP
RokindaDmfizzle plays in the APPA Pro division
looking forward to the new field :]
Ryan "Meezy" Martin #12
TEAM XSV
RokindaDmfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 PM #54
navyDMD
Baller!

I think this thread is beginning to become soley about cheating. Let us not forget about the overall childishness that is seen throughout the sport.

Adults acting like children, throwing of equipment, fighting between players on opposing teams, fighting between player on the same team, players thinking they are awesome becasue they've played the sports for 5 years and making fun of people who have just began playing, etc.......

What we do as players, teams, and sponsors project our image to the rest of the world who do dont play paintball. I have heard from several different age groups of people and organizations that they didn't want to be involved with paintball becasue of how negative they veiw the sport.

If you love this sport and you want it to continue to thrive and be around and be fun then start being good ambassadors and playing the game with respect and start respecting each other.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 PM #55
~~~CODY~~~
SHILLMAN

Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 PM #56
amargio
REAL JOIN DATE FEB 2001

I have an idea...
what about the parks using this in safety meetings all the time and sooner or later we will have it in the brain to do the right things to build paintball..

my 33 cents
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM #57
ItsAPandemic
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by amargio View Post
I have an idea...
what about the parks using this in safety meetings all the time and sooner or later we will have it in the brain to do the right things to build paintball..

my 33 cents
When has the safety speech ever worked? It is only good to new comers and the rec baller. But to anyone that comes every weekend it wouldnt do any good and might be a negative having to sit though the dreaded safety speech.

However, its going in the right direction, we should have something that makes the new raza (Gecko paintball) different from any other field. But i bet Finn and Todd having something up their sleeve to make it great.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 AM #58
cinoba

cinoba works for a Paintball manufacturer
reeeeererererrrr num saying!?!?!?! hahahahah
cinoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:52 PM #59
Thorpydo
dede!

Thorpydo is a founding member
Sounds great. Looking forward to the new field.

Something I'd like to suggest is to somehow incorporate both teams and individuals alike. I know that at times it was easy to play walk ons at raza (like when they had the first 7 on policy) but I know at other times it was very hard to get in games if you didn't show up with a team.

If the focus of the park is to grow tournament paintball instead of a training facility, then the format needs to be setup in a way that newer players can get in there, get some experience, make friends and find a team. At the same time, it needs to be setup so that already established teams can get the practice that they need.
Thorpydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:54 PM #60
mauikalohe

mauikalohe is a Supporting Member
wow missed this thread. Good Job Todd on everything you wrote and on getting raza relocated. I am sure it will be a success and hopefully draw more paintball teams and help to develop better attitudes in players and teams.

Are there any official plans to open the field to the public or teams?
mauikalohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:08 PM #61
kitono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpydo View Post
Sounds great. Looking forward to the new field.

Something I'd like to suggest is to somehow incorporate both teams and individuals alike. I know that at times it was easy to play walk ons at raza (like when they had the first 7 on policy) but I know at other times it was very hard to get in games if you didn't show up with a team.

If the focus of the park is to grow tournament paintball instead of a training facility, then the format needs to be setup in a way that newer players can get in there, get some experience, make friends and find a team. At the same time, it needs to be setup so that already established teams can get the practice that they need.
I definately this post!
As a local free agent looking for a team and being forced to play with walkons I have a lot more fun playing against other walkons instead of getting my face smashed by a team.

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 PM #62
imperial07
OG PMGWC

imperial07 supports Cereal Killerz 2
imperial07 helped look for balloons
Well if you noticed, it's harder to play as a walkon because the amount of walkons have decreased significantly throughout this year. That could be because of a number of thing: the economy and more people dropping out of paintball or it could even be because of the atmosphere and newer walkon players being scared away.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 PM #63
arc1880
RIP So☆Cal Carnage

arc1880 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
arc1880 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
arc1880 plays in the APPA D5 division
arc1880 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial07 View Post
... it could even be because of the atmosphere and newer walkon players being scared away.
I see this happening a lot and it applies to newer teams as well.
arc1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups