fyp
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 AM #65
Ideal Paradigm
The Victory Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
This is not true. I have had a board fail on me and no matter how hard I'd shake, the thing just would not bake.

If you take my meaning.
Haha, "Shake N' Bake!"

Anyways, the gravity load method of the Pinokio is completely dependent on how the paddles stop when your batteries go down. If the paddles are clear of the feedneck loading channel, then the paintballs will load like a gravity hopper. If they are in the way, then no dice. You could open up the Pinokio and move the paddles at that point during play, since you would probably be trying to figure out what was wrong anyways. If someone really wants a video, I might post it this weekend.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 AM #66
Sepplainer
eye-blurring swiftness

I get the story but you were in the RL pits unless I am mistaken.
Optimism is best served with a reality chaser.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 PM #67
steveray1014
STEVE O

Has anyone really ever had a problem with their Pinokio??? Just a thought....

I've been playing with them since February when they were still in the prototype phase, and NEVER had a problem with them. Who cares if you think they're ugly? How many other companies that were at the trade show at cup had the ACTUAL owner of the product out there, talking with his target sales market. Listening to what you had to say, and answering any questions or doubts that you had about it. Evan stands behind the quality of his product 110%, everyday of the week. How many other companies could pour a full beer through their loader in front of everyone, and then turn it back on to show them that it still works. I didn't hear about Dye doing that in their tent...... did you?

I'm sure that the Dye rotor is a legit piece of equiptment, and that it works well. A major company like Dye wouldn't put out a doo doo loader at cup, to show the world how crappy of a product they can make.

my opinion:
Pinokio>Rotor
Old 10-29-2008, 05:15 PM #68
triple-c
Beastin' it Up

triple-c is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
just looking at both loaders, the pinokio looks like it would be easier on paint...

i'd like to see both test brittle paint.

VT PAINTBALL
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM #69
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
We used absolutely ridiculously brittle paint. You could drop it from about three feet off the ground Sunday morning and most of it would break...

My rotor didn't even come close to breaking any of it. The velocities we were using were breaking it left and right in the ball stack. The guns were barrel breaking the **** out of it. My rotor fed it fine, and worked really well the whole tournament.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM #70
chester1993 (Banned)
-626-

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
This is why I said this should not be here and people flame me
seriously, gtfo. If you don't like it leave. Let the mods do their jobs, not you.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 PM #71
FamousforNow
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepplainer View Post
I get the story but you were in the RL pits unless I am mistaken.
Lol yeah man. But the way it worked out was towards the end of a match there would be like 2 teams in there. One finishing up, and the next preparing. So while i was preparing... Ironmen were finishing. I hope that makes more sense.

But yeah im really impressed with evan and how he just stands out there and answers the questions, i asked about his backround, how he got the idea for the loader, how he got involved with paintball, and he even listened to a few ideas i ran by him.... MARK MY WORDS!!!!! " YOUR GOING TO BE AMAZED WITH WHAT EVAN HAS PLANNED FOR THE FUTURE". We were talking about some ideas and mine were some what similar to his so he let me in on his secrets... Ill never tell though. Not even for a million bucks. Just keep an eye out though. IM SERIOUS!!!! BOTH EYES! This guy really has a knack (sp?) for innovation and trying to make things more cutting edge and better. Well i hope a few ppl give this loader a shot, its beautiful yet simple. HAvent got to use the rotor yet but the pinokio oesnt give me a reason too.....
Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 AM #72
pbsports
OldManRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveray1014 View Post
Has anyone really ever had a problem with their Pinokio??? Just a thought....

I've been playing with them since February when they were still in the prototype phase, and NEVER had a problem with them. Who cares if you think they're ugly? How many other companies that were at the trade show at cup had the ACTUAL owner of the product out there, talking with his target sales market. Listening to what you had to say, and answering any questions or doubts that you had about it. Evan stands behind the quality of his product 110%, everyday of the week. How many other companies could pour a full beer through their loader in front of everyone, and then turn it back on to show them that it still works. I didn't hear about Dye doing that in their tent...... did you?

I'm sure that the Dye rotor is a legit piece of equiptment, and that it works well. A major company like Dye wouldn't put out a doo doo loader at cup, to show the world how crappy of a product they can make.

my opinion:
Pinokio>Rotor
Nothing is true about Evan or the loader. Evan DOES NOT stand by his word and we worked on the proto-types to improve the loader. It did soup up / breaker paint at Huntington Beach. We help figure out why and made adjustments to the paddles and the lid. We did speed testing with Stinky who is undeniably one of the fastest guns in the industry. The loaders we had never kept up with the halo. It wasn’t as quick getting to speed nor did it have the top speed of a halo. Eventually we got the bugs out and Evan supposedly made a faster version for Mike, but we never got to shot them to see. I played with it a lot from the ground up and felt it was a good loader, especially because of the amount of balls it held, but no way could it stay up with a halo. The only thing special about the loader is the amount of balls it holds. For Evan himself, he comes off as a nice guy, but he did not stand by his promise and screwed us badly. We invested everything for him and he left us hanging. His promise was I guarantee you guys, to fund all tourney cost, I don’t care if I have to use my own money, you can trust me, my word is my bond. This is a quote. We never expected him to use his savings, but if he wouldn’t have strung was along, we could have tried other venues for team funds. Also seeing he is still selling product and paying people to shoot his gun, it makes him a person of no integrity or honor. For the money there are much better loaders, unless you want a loader the holds lots of balls.

Do Not Trust Him.

Store < www.i5paintball.com

Field < www.paintballpark.net

Last edited by pbsports : 10-30-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 AM #73
Aimz

hey

Evan seems like a pretty trust worthy guy and his product is amazing.

The pinokio feeds amazingly well and does not popcorn like a halo/pulse/velocity.

I have not used a rotor so I cannot give an opinion on it, but from comparison of a halo/pulse/velocity/pinokio you can't beat it.

+/- the pinokio wins.

+ More balls
+ Less weight (then even velocity)
+ Better battery life (then rotor)
+ Nose comes off for easy internal clean, or extension
+ Water proof
+ Not true force feed (no ramming the paint), but still 25+ bps capable
+ Slim profile
+ HALO speedfeed compatible
+ Instant on/off
+ Strong shell design

All of these things are positive that the pinokio possesses over 3/4 of the loaders available on the market today. Many loaders have different components of the features and specs of this loader, but not all of them. This is a loader you buy and don't worry about.

Buy what you want, but if you are saying his products are not good, you are kidding yourself and wasting your money on inferior products.

Last edited by Aimz : 10-30-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM #74
FamousforNow
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsports View Post
Nothing is true about Evan or the loader. Evan DOES NOT stand by his word and we worked on the proto-types to improve the loader. It did soup up / breaker paint at Huntington Beach. We help figure out why and made adjustments to the paddles and the lid. We did speed testing with Stinky who is undeniably one of the fastest guns in the industry. The loaders we had never kept up with the halo. It wasn’t as quick getting to speed nor did it have the top speed of a halo. Eventually we got the bugs out and Evan supposedly made a faster version for Mike, but we never got to shot them to see. I played with it a lot from the ground up and felt it was a good loader, especially because of the amount of balls it held, but no way could it stay up with a halo. The only thing special about the loader is the amount of balls it holds. For Evan himself, he comes off as a nice guy, but he did not stand by his promise and screwed us badly. We invested everything for him and he left us hanging. His promise was I guarantee you guys, to fund all tourney cost, I don’t care if I have to use my own money, you can trust me, my word is my bond. This is a quote. We never expected him to use his savings, but if he wouldn’t have strung was along, we could have tried other venues for team funds. Also seeing he is still selling product and paying people to shoot his gun, it makes him a person of no integrity or honor. For the money there are much better loaders, unless you want a loader the holds lots of balls.

Do Not Trust Him.
Im going to have to call shens..... Lets get some proof before you start slandering someones name like that man. That **** isnt taken lightly either... He could sue you if any of that isnt true... SO proof of SHENS!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:22 AM #75
steveray1014
STEVE O

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsports View Post

Do Not Trust Him.
Definately shens..... prove it then, or just take some midol and scoop that sand out of your vag......
LA Faction has been sponsored by Pinokio all year, and none of his other teams have thrown any accusations like this.... especially in a major public forum. I know that more than one of the Faction players have pbn accounts..... get your boys on here to back you up if you say it's legit
Old 10-30-2008, 11:24 AM #76
M.P.

Evan took a chance and sponsored me for 2009 with the Pinokio loader and he came through with everything he promissed me. Evan is a good guy and his product speaks for itself. To me it sounds like your mad at the fact he didnt pay your way for tournaments over how good his product is.

The original Halo sucked, which is why it became the Halo B. The NXe Loader needs fixing, which is why it hasnt been released.

You think loaders are perfect on their first design? It is like anything. Read the post above yours and mine for the advantages of owning this loader.

Until you try a production model of the Pinokio dont spout rumours or lies about how it actually works. I did a drop test with a Pulse and a Halo and it was just as fast except one thing. It doesnt POP CORN, and this loader IMO is better than the rotor thus far there are no advantages to it. Plus the Pinokio is cheaper now retailing at $125 USD compared to $150-60 for the rotor.

The hopper again speaks for itself.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM #77
dumbbow (Banned)

yea i masterbate with sandpaper.....
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 PM #78
EOF33
Mac hate cheap paint

too bad both have really piss poor names......
AP FACTORY #33 "Shoot your gun, not your mouth"
EVIL NXT Shocker
Padawan Pumper.....
playin out of Ft. Campbell
I PLAY AT YJP, because its worth the 90 mile drive
www.actionpaintball.com
Old 10-30-2008, 01:28 PM #79
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianlegion3 View Post
xsv velocity = win.

I've seen a lot of pinokios break down, but they are neat hoppers indeed. Might trade my xsv for one.
My XSV vlo is trash...
Old 10-30-2008, 04:11 PM #80
FamousforNow
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOF33 View Post
too bad both have really piss poor names......
????
Old 10-30-2008, 04:24 PM #81
pbsports
OldManRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveray1014 View Post
Definately shens..... prove it then, or just take some midol and scoop that sand out of your vag......
LA Faction has been sponsored by Pinokio all year, and none of his other teams have thrown any accusations like this.... especially in a major public forum. I know that more than one of the Faction players have pbn accounts..... get your boys on here to back you up if you say it's legit

My name is Tim Rohan and I’m not afraid to state my name, nor my comments. I played for LA Faction up until Evan bailed on us. Evan didn’t come close to following through with his guarantee nor did he warn us of any change of mind about it. I believe my comments about the loader were pretty positive. Yes its lighter then the halo, but if you but lithium battery in a halo and fill it with paint and you take a Pinokio and fill it with paint the weight difference is negligible. The Pinokio is plenty fast, but no way is it faster then force feed loader. I get that Evan has Mike, Nick and Chris shooting it as they are icons in the sport, the loader gets noticed more and it speaks better for the product. I see it’s smart to market your product the best way possible, but we help with ideas and input as Evan developed it. Evan promise us in a meeting at Huntington Beach that he stands behind the people who help him, that he turn down offers because of that, that’s the kind of guy he is. Evidently he is not that guy. It’s not as big of a deal to me as with some of the other guys, because I was planning on retiring from paintball, retiring for lack of a better word. I could afford to continue but lots of the other guys could not. The whole thing sucks because I was playing my best paintball and I would have like an opportunity to finish the year. Not many teams want a 50 year to fill spots. The whole thing is a little disheartening as I miss the guys, practice with all those great teams and players and the tourneys.

Store < www.i5paintball.com

Field < www.paintballpark.net
Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 PM #82
steveray1014
STEVE O

ok, i can sympathize with your feelings about sponsorships and their downfalls with false promises. i never wanted this to be a flame thread about pinokios, and still dont want it to get that far. obviously there are some missing points to this story, that need to be explained. HOWEVER, this is a thread to explain a story about how well Pinokio's performed at cup as well as how they perform every single day. i'm sorry that you feel the way you do about the pinokio label and its affiliates. someone who has been around paintball as long as you claim to have been should recognize that we are in this thread to review and credit a company that has done extremely well having a single product based sales platform(which is very rare in paintball), and that most of us are here to give props to the man. i'm sure that there's a hater thread somewhere on nation...... i'll try to find it for you
Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 AM #83
Barbara_Walters
I want AR15 mags, PM me

Barbara_Walters plays in the PSP
Barbara_Walters supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barbara_Walters helped look for balloons
Barbara_Walters is an NCPA player
Barbara_Walters has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
omg!!! that is such a neat story!!! now get out of your parents basement, and get a life.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:46 AM #84
EOF33
Mac hate cheap paint

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara_Walters View Post
omg!!! that is such a neat story!!! now get out of your parents basement, and get a life.

actually i'm stuck in iraq waiting to come home soon....
AP FACTORY #33 "Shoot your gun, not your mouth"
EVIL NXT Shocker
Padawan Pumper.....
playin out of Ft. Campbell
I PLAY AT YJP, because its worth the 90 mile drive
www.actionpaintball.com