Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-26-2008, 09:39 AM #1
14tango

14tango supports Cereal Killerz 2
14tango owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
14tango supports Team VICIOUS
Did I make the wron MOS choice?

Ok, Im fresh out of AIT for 14T (Patriot missile launching station enhanced operator/maintainer) at my first duty station in k-town, germany. Ill be a PFC as of Nov. 1st and id like to go to jump school/air asslt school and eventually ranger school. I told my recruiter these aspirations and he said this MOS choice would be fine but now that im here that seems to be untrue as my unit is a bit less than high-speed and am being told that a diff MOS would have been better for my goals. Any comments/suggestions from seasoned soldiers?
14tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 PM #2
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
It might be hard, but not impossible. At least you are in a combat arms branch... you need to talk to your career counselor and maybe your branch manager. Talk to your SGT they should be able to get you to the right people.. Worst case at least you can re-class or get a school choice when you re-enlist after your first term.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:34 PM #3
sHoCkA (Banned)
Yeah rodge

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Not to seem incredibly pessimistic, but from what I've seen, brach managers and chain of command is next to useless these days. We're fighting two fronts, and they want to maintain current numbers bla bla bla. I only knew one guy who successfully reclassed and went onto RIP and did all the high speed ****, but it took him close to three years of ball washing to do it.
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:48 PM #4
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Yea I agree.. I'm willing to bet there isn't much they can do. But who knows, his MOS might be overstrength and they could move him into something else. I know for sure 11b is on the critical list.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM #5
sHoCkA (Banned)
Yeah rodge

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
For true... don't know about 11B but 13F will ALWAYS be a star MOS... at least until they change the title to 11F. Hopefully they can work with ya man... gl OP.
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote