PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 PM #43
Proto21
Love From The Snake

lol love the scar on the pb field.

looks like its coming across pretty well

i dont like the 50 at all though, and those bunkers in the zipper the knuckles in between the beams are way too big they need to be smaller snake/zipper needs to be a crouch/ lay down position only imo
Proto21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2008, 10:17 PM #44
Exetus

Alright I can look into it as I have been working from the hosted online pictures of the tourney layouts...

Wish I had real pics and at decent res...
Exetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:14 AM #45
TeamChaos99
DAT LUXE

has been a member for 10 years
TeamChaos99 donated to help Peyton Trent
TeamChaos99 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
looking great

Free Agent Powered By: Prestige Paintball | Ground Assault Paintball Park | The Meadowlands | Oringmonkey | PootyPaintball | Ninja Paintball
TeamChaos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 PM #46
Exetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto21 View Post
lol love the scar on the pb field.
I would be scared to see a SCAR on a field!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 PM #47
Exetus

XBALL Test map in progress, would love input as the field size is to PSP guidebook sizes...

Built from 2008 PSP World Cup Image

Guide Used:

Overhead Shot:

Angled:

In Game:

Please tell me what you guys think as I am working on better sized bunkers after a conversion from feet to centimeters which the models are built in for Crysis...

Last edited by Exetus : 12-22-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Updated pictures, moved to photobucket
Old 12-22-2008, 08:03 AM #48
TeamChaos99
DAT LUXE

TeamChaos99 donated to help Peyton Trent
TeamChaos99 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
pics dont work

Free Agent Powered By: Prestige Paintball | Ground Assault Paintball Park | The Meadowlands | Oringmonkey | PootyPaintball | Ninja Paintball
TeamChaos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 PM #49
Exetus

I changed to photobucket, let me know if it is better now...

I have added color to the field and I know some models arent the right size, as stated previously working on a version 2.0 shortly for bunkers...

Last edited by Exetus : 12-22-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 PM #50
Bloodvayne
That Navy Drunk

Off to a great start I must say.
Bloodvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 PM #51
Exetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodvayne View Post
Off to a great start I must say.
Thank you! It is nice to hear opinions from players... Please feel free to bring up anything you find incorrect in what I or my team do to ensure we get it correct the first time!

We are working hard on getting at least a playable alpha out as soon as possible... Aiming hopefully for sometime in the first quarter of next year.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 PM #52
Bloodvayne
That Navy Drunk

Yeh like you said. Getting the bunkers sized from feet to centimeters will work out in the end. The can bunkers now are a little oversized. And make sure pillar bunkers are put in place of many of those cans as shown in psp layout. Dorito's i think from screenshots could be "slightly" bigger. The X I am not sure but looks about right. The maya temples could be "slightly" taller and not too fat at the base. Field size itself looks about right. Not sure until a playable alpha comes along. But I am surely interested in seeing what paintball would be like on the Crysis engine. Good thing.. would to release a mappers development kit somewhat before release with textured bunkers at thier disposal and pre-made empty tourney field layouts to fill. Just my 2 cents.
Bloodvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 AM #53
Exetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodvayne View Post
mappers development kit somewhat before release with textured bunkers at thier disposal and pre-made empty tourney field layouts to fill. Just my 2 cents.
Would like to have that out as soon as possible to release of the mod. I know how you feel.

I know the bunkers aren't exactly correct, I have been watching alot of PSP event footage online trying to get the rest of the surrounding area correct also, I am reading through all the PSP documentation as to get scoring correct, lots of small things add up to much to go!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:26 AM #54
-=TigerPB=-

Feel free to decompile and use any of my current releases for DPB (the Ego 09, SLG, Vlocity and Rotor). Just give me credit.

I'm also willing to help out in a non-binding, unofficial capacity. I can model and skin, and animate in Milkshape. (I'm a music student, so when school is in I don't really have time for anything)

And, just a comment, but worry less about map/model quality and more about getting the coding done. Also, release early and add features later, rather than taking longer for a complete release, as you're more likely to lose steam the longer out your deadlines are. That's kind of what happened to the DPB team.

Last edited by -=TigerPB=- : 12-23-2008 at 04:29 AM.
-=TigerPB=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 PM #55
Exetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=TigerPB=- View Post
Feel free to decompile and use any of my current releases for DPB (the Ego 09, SLG, Vlocity and Rotor). Just give me credit.

I'm also willing to help out in a non-binding, unofficial capacity. I can model and skin, and animate in Milkshape. (I'm a music student, so when school is in I don't really have time for anything)

And, just a comment, but worry less about map/model quality and more about getting the coding done. Also, release early and add features later, rather than taking longer for a complete release, as you're more likely to lose steam the longer out your deadlines are. That's kind of what happened to the DPB team.
There are already people other than me working on the code who I bring all suggestions I get to. We are going to be adding a lot into the game if there is anything missing from current games then please let me know so I can have us look into adding it.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 PM #56
Proto21
Love From The Snake

Quote:

thats bas advice dont ever tell a dev team to release a non finished product. thats why most games that come out today flop. They are a mod dev team, and with that they dont have really a following to it. So when it is released then it will either fly or die depending on how well the word gets put out.
Proto21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 PM #57
Exetus

Quote:
thats bas advice dont ever tell a dev team to release a non finished product. thats why most games that come out today flop. They are a mod dev team, and with that they dont have really a following to it. So when it is released then it will either fly or die depending on how well the word gets put out.
What he has said has been proven to be successful for some Mod teams, but typically they have most the work done before the first release and more is added after. I can tell you we are shooting for a decent standard release but not until we have everything already built and perfected. The input from actual pball players will give us invaluable advice on things to mod/change.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:57 PM #58
outlaw19
VA's Finest

outlaw19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
outlaw19 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
damn....this is better then cod4 paintball mod alrdy....wish i had crysis =(

outlaw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:36 AM #59
-=TigerPB=-

Quote:
I worked on the real Digital Paintball and I helped out with other mods that never got off the ground.

The problem is most mod teams have an idea, but don't know how to implement it or they take too long doing it.

The priorities for the first release of this mod, in my mind, should be:

-At least one gun that looks like a paintball gun, sounds like a paintball gun, shoots paintballs, holds the proper amount of paintballs, and can be reloaded with an appropriate amount of paintballs.
-Paintballs that leave "splats", which travel with realistic velocity and trajectory.
-A player model that doesn't leave a dead body when shot and "dies" in one hit.
-Working multiplayer.

That's about it. The rest is basically creating more art, adding it in, and adding in a few features.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:19 PM #60
Exetus

Quote:
-At least one gun that looks like a paintball gun, sounds like a paintball gun, shoots paintballs, holds the proper amount of paintballs, and can be reloaded with an appropriate amount of paintballs.
-Paintballs that leave "splats", which travel with realistic velocity and trajectory.
-A player model that doesn't leave a dead body when shot and "dies" in one hit.
-Working multiplayer.
That is basically our plan for the release. We are wanting to release as a mod for Crysis Wars but the SDK for that hasn't released still months after game drop so we are working on necessary changes to Crysis Proper.

Once Wars SDK ships we will move the mod to Wars Engine as it is better for MP and older computers as opposed to Crysis Hardcore graphics and processing power...
Old 12-25-2008, 07:16 PM #61
nickdude
well do ya punk?

Annual Supporting Member
nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
try and add truf that would be cool

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
nickdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 PM #62
Exetus

I have turf, working on the map for it though to look correct in game...

Can anyone tell me if they do have lines on the 10s and if the red in the middle is 20 in width?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:43 PM #63
nickdude
well do ya punk?

Annual Supporting Member
nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
i watched some pro matches and noticed that some fields had lines but the lines were not constant but id say go with them because it would be cooler with them

i went to the crymod sight and noticed that the gun models are great but the gravity hopper on the 98 is to square

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia

Last edited by nickdude : 12-26-2008 at 05:15 PM.
nickdude is offline   Reply With Quote