PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-24-2008, 01:54 AM #43
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
On base at least i always call them sir. I was told to by my recruiter. I was brought on base a couple times, and was strictly told "If you ever see anyone in uniform they are SIR. Unless they say something else, THEY. ARE. SIR."

So i call them 'sir' until i actually join.
Still a Depper, but I was told to call enlisted by their ranks, Commisioned go by sir.

I know this is OT, but I thought you already went through boot? And did you live around Mission Viejo/ SJC area? Saw you posted a thread saying you went to Jserra. Or am I just crazy tonight?
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 AM #44
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by solrflare View Post
hahaha I remember those days. Or **** like "sorry drill sarnt" "I'm not a goddamn sorry drill sarnt!"

Yeah I saw something that says to call CWO2-5 "Sir" I wouldn't be caught dead calling a CWO mother****in 5 "Sir"...chief is much more appropriate.
Eh, why not? You salute them, right? It's up to the individual WOs of course... some preferred "mister", some preferred "chief", some preferred "sir".

Don't get me started on cadets and CSMs... even 2nd Lts and CSMs.

I watched a brand new butterbar lock up the battalion CSM. He came to attention and took it, he's enlisted and the 22 year old kid was an officer. However... that CSM has the old man's (read: the battalion commander, who is an 05...) ear and he went and mentioned that the new platoon leader in C co was going around locking up senior NCOs for little reason.

The brand new LT was not a happy camper within an hour or so... I believe he learned his lesson that while you OUTRANK the senior NCOs you do not necessarily need to flaunt that fact.

The whole cadet thing... hah. You're NOT an officer. Don't expect to be treated as such. I recall a West Pointer getting shoved out of the zodiac and not allowed back in till he apologized for being a douchebag, and the platoon leader just looked at him with a blank look when he QQed about it later.
Fortunately, we didn't have to deal with cadets in combat, just in peacetime garrison mode, and only for short periods.

When I did Airborne school I went on cadet orders, but I wore my enlisted uniform with scare badges, since cadets are treated like **** at Airborne.

old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!
DarkRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM #45
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
On base at least i always call them sir. I was told to by my recruiter. I was brought on base a couple times, and was strictly told "If you ever see anyone in uniform they are SIR. Unless they say something else, THEY. ARE. SIR."

So i call them 'sir' until i actually join.
You're a civilian till you enlist and go to boot/basic (and graduate...)

Call them whatever you want, just be prepared if it's something rude

old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!
DarkRipper is online now   Reply With Quote