PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-30-2014, 03:09 PM #1
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Can Dye improve on the Reflex Rail for 2015?

What's next for Dye? The DM14 got overhauled already last year. Going forward with the evolution of the Reflex, let's look at the guns strengths and weaknesses starting with that slick trigger. It's simply awesome; being tactile, snappy and smooth for quick semi shooting fingers. Barrel is good, feedneck is great and the ergonomics are updated nearly to the max. The regulator however, could be made more user friendly (just like the SL3 regs in the PE Etha and Geo lineup). Also, how many more color schemes can you put on the new Reflex before it starts showing its age? I sure hope Dye does more than looks for 2015. Please Dye? Now let's look at that antiquated bolt engine, they have been milking that fuse bolt it seems like from the beginning of time. Personally, I would like to start seeing improvements to the efficiency of the gun. I got rid of my 2009 PMR since it was a total gas hog. Moving forward, redesigned bolt system would obviously need to be offered in both the DM and Reflex series as we all know, the Reflex is essentially a DM minus the lpr. I just like the fact that the Proto doesn't need the LPR (makes it more reliable and simple). Yes Proto Maxxed and Proto Rail owners, you get left out d/t lower quality parts, solenoid, barrel, frame. I would like to know what everyone would want in the 2015 Reflex Rail and DM. Please add your input/thoughts below. Thanks for hearing my ramble.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 AM #2
poorballer900
Axe + CASH!!???

poorballer900 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
poorballer900 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To start, new UL grip frame. The same one has been used for the last 4 models, it's getting old.
poorballer900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:12 PM #3
Staadt32

An oled board would be nice
Staadt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:16 PM #4
Ravenstylea2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorballer900 View Post
To start, new UL grip frame. The same one has been used for the last 4 models, it's getting old.
i would def. Like to see that
Old 09-02-2014, 11:41 PM #5
EpikYummeh
Doodlebug Sportz!

EpikYummeh plays in the APPA beginner division
EpikYummeh supports Empire
It's hard to change much and still justify the current price tag. Innovation costs money as well as time. It will be interesting to see what Dye does with the 2015 Proto guns, as I'm pretty sure they are going to stay away from using the new body found on the DM14 on the Proto guns.
EpikYummeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:40 PM #6
Ravenstylea2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikYummeh View Post
It's hard to change much and still justify the current price tag. Innovation costs money as well as time. It will be interesting to see what Dye does with the 2015 Proto guns, as I'm pretty sure they are going to stay away from using the new body found on the DM14 on the Proto guns.
Feel like the only downfall is the marginal efficiency rating. The shot is awesome out of the box, but too much wasted air down the barrel of the gun and out of the back of the bolt.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:20 PM #7
cmdrsuds

The feedneck has needed a change since 2010. Once they got rid of the external adjustment screw as seen on the DM9 (due to Dangerous Power securing the patent) the loader feels either too loose or too tight. A finer thread on the screw would fix it without having to pay royalties to DP. Its a small thing but I feel its very important and is #1 because it could be slapped on all their guns.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote