Community Focus

Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 PM #1
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Major differences between Geo and 09 (aside from spool/poppit systems)

I saw this comment in the pictures forum and it rose some questions in me...

"SO sick. I really wish they had put all the new 09 features in the GEO as well as the EGO. (beeper board, rear of frame milled as close to body as possible ect)"

Now I understand the obvious difference in that one is a poppit system and the other spool but aside form that I thought both offered pretty much the same features.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 PM #2
VIP3R
Arizona Paintball

VIP3R is an NCPA player
they do offer both. at least thats what i got out of it.
VIP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM #3
Cazort
Teh Cazca

ya i thought they both have beeper boards and rear of frame is milled as close to the body as possible

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:09 PM #4
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Both Have Beeper boards as standard.

Both have the rear of the frame machined as close to the barrel axis as possible.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:13 PM #5
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
XKE plays in the APPA D1 division
I didnt think the GEO had the beeper board installed (at least I havent heard it boot up in any vids like i have seen with the 09 ego). Also, compare where the frame was sitting on an 07 ego compared to the 09, they sucked it up significantly snugger to the rammer. In the GEO, it seems like there is still some minor milling that could be done to get the back of your hand up closer to the firing assymbly. Further evidence that more thought was put into the frame of the 09 ego is that it is now thinner at the top than at the bottom, a change from earlier models. (see attached pic for what im trying to say) Where as in the case of the GEO, i THINK PE just left it with the older style plane jane frame the 07 and 08 ego were outfitted with.

Obviously tons of development went into the design and production of the GEO, but, I feel that the 09 has just a few more bells and whistles (a result of trying to exhaust every option in the quest of making the same old stacked tube poppet valve marker just that much better/nicer). I could be completley wrong here though (and hope I am).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctionjunkie! View Post
edit- I already see from jacks post that I was wrong about the boards (phew, i would hate to think PE skimped on those picking up the GEO. Glad to see i was wrong to doubt PE's desire to put the best of the best in each of their markers)

James Butts fan club #1-100
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:33 PM #6
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The Geo frame was a tough decision. We always got very positive response from the Ego7/8 frame and grips that we thought we would play safe with the first Geos. People know it and like it, so why risk putting something on a completely new gun that may be considered controverial? That kind of argument. Hope that makes sense.

As for the back of the frame of the Geo, yes the back could go up higher, slightly, but the trigger could not. It felt really awkward like you were reaching down to the trigger.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:39 PM #7
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
XKE plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
The Geo frame was a tough decision. We always got very positive response from the Ego7/8 frame and grips that we thought we would play safe with the first Geos. People know it and like it, so why risk putting something on a completely new gun that may be considered controverial? That kind of argument. Hope that makes sense.
It does make sense. I personally have never been ecstatic about the 07/08 frame design, so, I am looking forward to the 09 frame and wish it was incorporated in the geo, but can see why you decided to play it safe.

Quote:
As for the back of the frame of the Geo, yes the back could go up higher, slightly, but the trigger could not. It felt really awkward like you were reaching down to the trigger.
ahh, i get it now. I felt like there was more possible room to be milled so the butt of your hand would sit closer to the firing line, but i didn't take trigger placement into account. Makes sense now.

James Butts fan club #1-100
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM #8
rakim
I used to be a 2k9'er

Quote:

Posts like these really give you an idea of how much R&D goes into these markers... *hat off*

WTB Tippmann Effect 98
rakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:39 PM #9
an94
Pirate till death

Quote:
thats good cause Im so used to my 08. That means the transaction between the Ego8 & the Geo will not be that hard.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:29 PM #10
Mr. Stealthy

Yeh im into skinny frames, but not real fond of the hour glass thing (atleast on the ul frames anyway). Would like to see how the 09 Ego grip feels tho
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:24 AM #11
rakim
I used to be a 2k9'er

I have a question: In the specs thread it says that the Geo is wider than the Ego9 by like 5-6mm, is this just the body or is the frame itself atually wider?

WTB Tippmann Effect 98
rakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM #12
kitono

kitono plays in the APPA D5 division
i'd say its wider around the top of the gun where the bolt is simply because the bolt assembly is larger but not as long as the ego9 assembly

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
kitono is offline   Reply With Quote