Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-26-2001, 10:24 PM #1
jookie

jookie is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation

How does everyone feel about paintball on TV? Ive seen one or two shows on tv with paintball and they definately gave paintball a bad rep. The worst i saw was on King Of Queens. They ran around with ski goggles only wearing them when they were shooting. There was a lot of other bad junk on there and i think TV is giving paintball a bad rep. If they keep showing paintball like that a lot of kids are gonna follow what they do and a lot of people are going to get hurt and paintball will be given a very bad rep. I think TV writers need to do a little more research into paintball before they release a show to millions of viewers.

My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2001, 10:41 PM #2
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
VERY personnel opinion..IF they are going to show our sport on t.v., it should portrayed accurately..cut and dried...
Old 02-26-2001, 10:51 PM #3
jookie

jookie is a Supporting Member
Thumbs up

i definately agree....they really need to do more research into the sport before they try to represent it on TV

My Feedback
Old 02-26-2001, 10:54 PM #4
Predator
10+

Predator is a Supporting Member
Predator is a founding member
Predator has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation

i love the fact they are showing it on TV and Paintball is getting noticed ever more...but seriously they should hire actual players to commentate and stuff...and yes do more research.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:36 PM #5
snyiper

snyiper is a Supporting Member
Paintball and TV

Paintball and TV is like oil and water as far as involving it in shows like "king of the hill". Let me explain, not many if any people do any research on paintball before airing it on a show, How many people see the mistakes? I guess mostly us Players the general public will not notice masks missing..too close of shots and the like unless something bad happens. Then everyone says how dangerous the sport is..Look at Nascars recent disaster with Dale Earnhardt look at all the safety features now going into effect why not before when the prevoius 3 drivers died? I loved Dale and morn the loss but Safety is only looked at After the accident. I think Paintball in the public eye is the same. The tournys that were aired early on were ok but boring if you didnt play, and when it is added to a show it is filled with all types of safety issues! Perhaps paintball is not ready to go prime Time just yet. This is only my opinion.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:45 PM #6
FireViper
Mobile Bunker

I heard that on the MOLE (on ABC) that they had the participants using pb guns to defend an objective and several of the defending participants where not wearing masks but the other team didn't have guns so that's how they justified it.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:54 PM #7
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
No doubt...WE see more than the average schmo that is watching these particular "farces" of our sport. We may not always agree on markers and equipment, but WE do agree on safety, and enforcement of. As sniper stated the D.E. thing hurt everyone that was close or followed the sport of Nascar. As long as we keep the "safety" issue alive, and pursue it, we, nor any faction of, will succumb to a tragedy even close to the Nascar event, that we have all heard about.

Later,
p.s. R.I.P. Dale Sr.
Old 02-28-2001, 01:28 AM #8
Gonzo 02

Unhappy

I personally don't think that paintball is ready to be on tv. I mean like someone else said, to a normal person who isn't obsessed with paintball like we are then it would be quit boring to watch a tourny. And then if it's on like Malcom in The Middle then there are always those safety issues.

Yes one day the OCMW will rule the earth.
Old 02-28-2001, 02:10 PM #9
Budha
Paint Slüt

This is just my opinion, but I like the little paintball community. We are our own little thing like boy scouts persay. IF we go on tv, we will get more and more members, and it can attract the wrong type of poeple. At my field, paintball is spread by word of mouth, and it is doing great here. I dont want paintball to go mainstream. It is nice like it is. Small, and sort of unheard. We cant keep listening to those APG articles on the shoulders of giants that say we need to worry about paintballs image. WHO CARES???? No one can do anything to us. It is too hard, unless liberals like my ex senator of VA try to ban hunting and fishing and paintball related things. But still, we shoudlnt care what the mainsteam thinks of us. We know what we do is fine, we know what we do is safe, and that is all we need. Flame if you like, but I feel strongly on this. We are fine as we are, and we dont need to go mainstream, speedball the movie is a mistake. All walks of life go to the movie theaters, say some gangs to see it, they think man you know what we could do with that stuff?? See my point, it can be bad, and screw us over more. I think videos like push and that jt video are cool, and that is all we need. Oh well, I cant stop crap, but I sure do have my right of free speach.

fiveviper SHouldnt listen to people on the net, they are usually wrong, I have been watching the mole since it started, I saw the paintball episode. EVERYONE WAS WEARING MASKS. EVERYONE. And everyone had safetys on the entire time. The safety caused the loss of the game. cause the girl had it on and couldnt shoot the guy when he knocked over the bowl.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.

Last edited by Budha : 02-28-2001 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2001, 05:11 PM #10
urbunkered (Banned)

not everyone had masks Kate (the woman who was on top of the building telling Charlie where to go) was not wearing a mask any of the time and the other people kept taking them off
Old 03-02-2001, 04:34 PM #11
capaintballer

I agree that paintball doesn't need to go big time. What's wrong with it the way it is now? As long as there aren't any more laws passed against it, I'm fine with paintball the way it is now. Does anyone really think paintball is going to some day be like the NBA or NFL? Of course it won't! Its different. I thinks its more centered on having fun than some sports are, which is good. There's no need to have it shown on television all the time, though that would be kinda cool
Old 03-02-2001, 04:46 PM #12
lucky13
Sean MCduff

all I got to say is that it is better than nothing a lot of people probably thought it as lookin fun
Old 12-23-2002, 01:24 PM #13
BL Intimidator
I'm Lob Bong.

BL Intimidator is a Supporting Member
OLN aired the world cup and did a great job too.
I wish my dick was smaller so I could wear shorts:D
E-Mail: IntimidatorBL@yahoo.com
AIM: ClassicTimmy
Old 12-23-2002, 08:08 PM #14
TeamMeltdownNick
Cousins NJ Asst Manager

Funny, i just got done watching that show on the Outdoor Life Network. It was all about this past World Cup and i feel they did a really nice job. They had One guy from Texas Storm and someone else commentating the games which helped cause it wasn't some goons like some the 40 year old guys that do skateboard commentary. These guys were callin moves that were going to take place cause they knew the game and the players. The cameras were great and it gave the game a little more edge with ref cams and player cams with some players even doin a little stuff for the cameras while runnin back the flag. All in all it was a cool thing to see our game portrayed the way it should be in all its reality for the general public to see.

COUSIN'S PAINTBALL
Old 12-23-2002, 08:23 PM #15
paintballdude_13
g33k

Ya if we keep seeing shows that were put on like OLN's well defintely get a better rep with the non-playing public.