Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 PM #1
bigredbrave
 
 
bigredbrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The 208
halo movie

I was wondering when the live action halo movie comes out.
bigredbrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 PM #2
Јon
 
 
Јon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
...I thought it was canceled?
Or at least put on the shelf.
Јon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 AM #3
bigredbrave
 
 
bigredbrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The 208
well that sucks!!!
bigredbrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 AM #4
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Another script, based on the FALL OF REACH, is being shopped around right now. But the original project, produced by Peter Jackson etc, is pretty much done with. They've all moved on.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 AM #5
rigby (Banned)
 
rigby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Gaurenteed to be a terrible movie, but make millions and millions of dollars. I don't know why they wouldn't just grab a camcorder and make it ffs.
rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 AM #6
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby View Post
Gaurenteed to be a terrible movie, but make millions and millions of dollars. I don't know why they wouldn't just grab a camcorder and make it ffs.
If they do "The Fall of Reach" it could be an excellent sci-fi story. Most of Reach centers around Master Chief (aka John) becoming a SpartanII soldier and not the actual "MC as we know him".

The movie, if done well, could be quite nice because it's a lot of human interaction and less "crazy Spartans" until late in the book when they have their augmentations, and even the MJOLNIR armor that we have come to know doesn't end up in its final form til the very end of the book.

I think it would be an excellent movie if put in the hands of a competant director w/ a decent budget, and staying true to the Reach source material.

I've read all the books, in law gave em to me, and I have to say the Reach story is pretty ****ed up. They put those kids through hell (it starts with them at 6yrs old).
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:21 AM #7
Jonnyblaze1991
Who Dares, Wins
 
Jonnyblaze1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Currently in "development hell".
__________________
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Jonnyblaze1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 AM #8
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
It'll never happen.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:21 PM #9
Crede777
Resident Agnostic
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I don't think it's dead, so much as back to "square 1."

The new script and concept art seems pretty promising from what I've read.

The most recent stuff that's been published concerning the movie was back in August. Since then there's only been speculation about it. Some people claim that Ryan Peyton's hiring by Microsoft may be in conjunction with the movie as opposed to the games, but I doubt it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/16/ru...-halo-project/
__________________
"We Fight! "We March!"
ST: P Conspiracy - It's what's for dinner
ST:R/P I ain't come from no fish!
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 PM #10
ansvillian
don't ask me about empty
 
ansvillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: methamazoo
ansvillian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
If they do "The Fall of Reach" it could be an excellent sci-fi story. Most of Reach centers around Master Chief (aka John) becoming a SpartanII soldier and not the actual "MC as we know him".

The movie, if done well, could be quite nice because it's a lot of human interaction and less "crazy Spartans" until late in the book when they have their augmentations, and even the MJOLNIR armor that we have come to know doesn't end up in its final form til the very end of the book.

I think it would be an excellent movie if put in the hands of a competant director w/ a decent budget, and staying true to the Reach source material.

I've read all the books, in law gave em to me, and I have to say the Reach story is pretty ****ed up. They put those kids through hell (it starts with them at 6yrs old).
it's called ender's game. it was done years ago.
__________________
BBT Westwood Autococker
Originally posted by EclipseBaller: WOOHOO! ans is made of win


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ansvillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM #11
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansvillian View Post
it's called ender's game. it was done years ago.
Not entirely. Enders game focused more on actual "games" and simulations, whereas Halo was a more physical approach to it.

Halo was breeding super-soldiers. Ender's Game was more of trying to find that strategic kid-genius.

Both great books though.
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




Steam - BabyHands
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:37 PM #12
foolishfiend (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: COD4, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
If they do "The Fall of Reach" it could be an excellent sci-fi story. Most of Reach centers around Master Chief (aka John) becoming a SpartanII soldier and not the actual "MC as we know him".

The movie, if done well, could be quite nice because it's a lot of human interaction and less "crazy Spartans" until late in the book when they have their augmentations, and even the MJOLNIR armor that we have come to know doesn't end up in its final form til the very end of the book.

I think it would be an excellent movie if put in the hands of a competant director w/ a decent budget, and staying true to the Reach source material.

I've read all the books, in law gave em to me, and I have to say the Reach story is pretty ****ed up. They put those kids through hell (it starts with them at 6yrs old).
fall of reach is a book that some one could read over and over again. i havent finished the "ghosts of Onyx" yet. its been sitting for like 1.5 years.
foolishfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:46 PM #13
cmucky
 
 
cmucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Ive had the books forever and finally picked them up, fall of reach would be a great movie isf someone smart were to handle it but who knows right?
__________________
Team Truffle Shuffle
cmucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM #14
ansvillian
don't ask me about empty
 
ansvillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: methamazoo
ansvillian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
Not entirely. Enders game focused more on actual "games" and simulations, whereas Halo was a more physical approach to it.

Halo was breeding super-soldiers. Ender's Game was more of trying to find that strategic kid-genius.

Both great books though.
same premise, different execution.
__________________
BBT Westwood Autococker
Originally posted by EclipseBaller: WOOHOO! ans is made of win


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ansvillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:40 PM #15
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansvillian View Post
it's called ender's game. it was done years ago.
Other than the fact they're both facing invaders, and they both use young gifted children... that's about it.

Enders Game involves around turning Ender into a commander via simulations, and ultimately almost tricking him into it. He's still a child overall with a brilliant mind. The MC is the opposite side of the spectrum. While he's tactically brilliant as well they go MUCH further in the Halo books.

The Halo series shares the using of young children, but they go through much more physical demands, genetic augmentation, actual combat (not simulations), and a much more hands on approach.

So yes they have similarities... but so what? It's nothing like Ender in its execution, and other than a few similarities (Which what story doesn't share roots with something that inspired the writers possibly since Ender is a classic) they are completely different stories.

I've read the Ender series, and the Bean series, as well as the Halo series and I don't agree that they're "the same story" by any means. Yes, you can see that Halo may have been inspired by Ender's Game but that book's a classic. It inspired many sci fi tales.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM #16
foolishfiend (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: COD4, Washington
ive never even heard of enders game...is it a good movie?
foolishfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM #17
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishfiend View Post
ive never even heard of enders game...is it a good movie?
It's not a movie. It's a classic book. It's actually an expansive series covering Ender's story (Ender is a boy) and another kid named "Bean".
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 PM #18
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansvillian View Post
same premise, different execution.
You can say the same about Charlie's Angels and James Bond.

Quote:
Other than the fact they're both facing invaders, and they both use young gifted children... that's about it.

Enders Game involves around turning Ender into a commander via simulations, and ultimately almost tricking him into it. He's still a child overall with a brilliant mind. The MC is the opposite side of the spectrum. While he's tactically brilliant as well they go MUCH further in the Halo books.

The Halo series shares the using of young children, but they go through much more physical demands, genetic augmentation, actual combat (not simulations), and a much more hands on approach.

So yes they have similarities... but so what? It's nothing like Ender in its execution, and other than a few similarities (Which what story doesn't share roots with something that inspired the writers possibly since Ender is a classic) they are completely different stories.

I've read the Ender series, and the Bean series, as well as the Halo series and I don't agree that they're "the same story" by any means. Yes, you can see that Halo may have been inspired by Ender's Game but that book's a classic. It inspired many sci fi tales.
That says it better.
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




Steam - BabyHands
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:21 PM #19
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
if they make a movie, they will pry just record some guy playing the halo 3 campaign mode and sell and advertise it as a movie. so many people would go see it opening week and be dissapointed, but the company would make so many millions of dollars...and people would be dumb enough to fall for that. Bungie would lose some gaming fans for this dick move, but a moajority of the people would stick with the game still,,,,haha



__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM #20
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins
 
FluffyMumkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warrensburg
It'll be action packed and a great thrill up until the first flood come onto the screen and everyone walks out.
__________________
|Al Jazeera English|Foobar2000|SurplusRifle|AmmoEngine|RFC|Tag's Trance|DailyTech|NOAA|MetaCritic|
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.". - Benjamin Franklin
paintballbum - get out of here with your logic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 PM #21
IslandP8ntballer
Paintballin' in paradise
 
IslandP8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The 808 State
IslandP8ntballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
IslandP8ntballer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought I saw like a 4 minute trailer of what they had so far on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6g1yyWEfks
Here it is.
I have no idea what this is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7FrN...eature=related
IslandP8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump