where do pay????????????????????
you didnt see the link?
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 PM #65
Deliriumdanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916infamous916 View Post
hahahah 10 dollars,**** you. tryin to make more god damn money
Next time you can buy a 300$ plane ticket and pay 20$ to get seats and pay about 70-80$ in hotel expenses Way to promote the growth of paintball ya jackass
Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 PM #66
MSGAgent

omfg its about time.. now psp is going to act like they came up with this revolutionary idea! PPL have been suggesting this since 03 (first time i remember some one actually making a strong case to webcast until their is telecast) other than just saying "hey some one should stream live vids on the web"...

Also BTW its not the first time WC was webcasted, it was last year, although it was not advertised well at all. Matty marshal was the main commentator along with bea young.

Fortunately i will be there so i wot have to deal with any of this.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:44 PM #67
MSGAgent

Also forgot to add... Why charge? how many people are going to pay? i hope a lot for the sports sake but really. lets say 2k subscribers?

Now how many people would watch if it is free and paid for by advertising?

When you think about it 25 Hours of coverage, 10 - 15 minutes of commercials each hour (which is very low by regular TV standards) = 312.5 minutes of commercials. If PSP sold 30 second spots for just $32.00, they would have made the same amount as if they got 2k subscribers which i really doubt they will for some reason (could be wrong). Now make it a realistic $100 per commercial spot, that is $62,000 in ad revenue. or the equivalent to 6,200 subscribers. And for those who think A company wouldn't pay $100 per 30 seconds to reach who knows how many super highly targeted customers is a complete retard. Id be surprised if smaller online stores alone would account for 60% of that.

Just my opinion though...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 AM #68
GuyL

good idea, maybe for 09 lets just all support this one
Old 10-23-2008, 12:38 AM #69
rjs21

Annual Supporting Member
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Honestly guys .. remember how paintball was on ESPN? this will be much better and easily worth $10 .. the price of a movie ticket!!

New Orleans Bounty
RISK IT CLOTHING
Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 AM #70
vidoq

so what about webcast? where do we pay for it? any info...
Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 AM #71
ironman363
•kill them all!•

has been a member for 10 years
Cool.

But that preview made me think i was watching a movie about string theory...
Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 AM #72
atshii

atshii is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGAgent View Post
Also forgot to add... Why charge? how many people are going to pay? i hope a lot for the sports sake but really. lets say 2k subscribers?

Now how many people would watch if it is free and paid for by advertising?

When you think about it 25 Hours of coverage, 10 - 15 minutes of commercials each hour (which is very low by regular TV standards) = 312.5 minutes of commercials. If PSP sold 30 second spots for just $32.00, they would have made the same amount as if they got 2k subscribers which i really doubt they will for some reason (could be wrong). Now make it a realistic $100 per commercial spot, that is $62,000 in ad revenue. or the equivalent to 6,200 subscribers. And for those who think A company wouldn't pay $100 per 30 seconds to reach who knows how many super highly targeted customers is a complete retard. Id be surprised if smaller online stores alone would account for 60% of that.

Just my opinion though...
And all the smaller companies have their television adds made free for them by ...you? There is other costs involved besides what is costs to air it, having a well done 30 sec spot costs serious money.

Having the whole thing paid by advertising money is of course a good idea. But that might be something for the future, not for the first time around. Making it free to watch for the whole weekend means you can have your costs go up considerably (you need to be ready to buy the bandwith all you need without any idea how many people are actually going to watch.) So what happens when you budjet the thing for, say 20000 watchers and a 150000 appear? You can't ask the advertising companies for more money afterwards, so you are in trouble.

When the thing is paid by the spectators, you get more money as the numbers go up, so you are safe, if you just hit your minimum amount. Having the Friday free gives people the opportunity to see the thing and still keep costs down to a manageable level.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 AM #73
Bugs

When does it starts? i still don't see anything on pspevents.com..
Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 AM #74
TeamChaos99
DAT LUXE

TeamChaos99 donated to help Peyton Trent
TeamChaos99 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
When does it starts? i still don't see anything on pspevents.com..
starts tomorrow

Free Agent Powered By: Prestige Paintball | Ground Assault Paintball Park | The Meadowlands | Oringmonkey | PootyPaintball | Ninja Paintball
Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 AM #75
MSGAgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by atshii View Post
And all the smaller companies have their television adds made free for them by ...you? There is other costs involved besides what is costs to air it, having a well done 30 sec spot costs serious money.

Having the whole thing paid by advertising money is of course a good idea. But that might be something for the future, not for the first time around. Making it free to watch for the whole weekend means you can have your costs go up considerably (you need to be ready to buy the bandwith all you need without any idea how many people are actually going to watch.) So what happens when you budjet the thing for, say 20000 watchers and a 150000 appear? You can't ask the advertising companies for more money afterwards, so you are in trouble.

When the thing is paid by the spectators, you get more money as the numbers go up, so you are safe, if you just hit your minimum amount. Having the Friday free gives people the opportunity to see the thing and still keep costs down to a manageable level.
It dosn't cost that much to produce a commercial.. a few local fields made and aired their own commercial here for next to nothing. you can always find someone who will do it cheaply. Plus you know bigger companies like action village, firstcall, DYE, SP, Draxxus, PE, PMI, etc would jump on the opportunity.

They had a free webcast last year which didn't turn out so well (i think like 600 viewers). This was basically due to the advertising of it (or lack their of) the only way i found out about it was a little thread in the pb vids section. I'm on pbn every day and didn't come across it until the last day...

Also, Its 2008. Bandwidth is not that expensive anymore, you can get bandwidth for dirt cheap nowadays.

Last edited by MSGAgent : 10-23-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 AM #76
ckbroham2 (Banned)

disney world???
Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 AM #77
sinfected22

sinfected22 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumdanny View Post
Next time you can buy a 300$ plane ticket and pay 20$ to get seats and pay about 70-80$ in hotel expenses Way to promote the growth of paintball ya jackass
QFT
Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 AM #78
vidoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamChaos99 View Post
starts tomorrow
yea, we know, but what about webcast site? is it pspevents.com or some other?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM #79
tdotballers

I can not find it anywhere either
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM #80
ciscob
EGO/DM

I checked on psp events. couldn't find a link to pay for webcast or times. Will they be doing like pblive.tv, where they would have reruns for the games we couldn't watch because of work etc.......
Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM #81
vidoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscob View Post
where they would have reruns for the games we couldn't watch because of work etc.......
may be they make an archive, so we could watch it in opportune time.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:59 PM #82
TBALLADAMONSTA
2L2Q.

will there be on demand matches if we miss something?
for instance, i have school on friday, will i be able to see the matches from that day?
MIKE PAXSON FAN CLUB #6
IRONMEN FAN CLUB #304
Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM #83
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i have the same question..I have something I'm doing all three days but i don't want to miss any of the games..Is there a way to save the webcast or will the whole thing be downloadable after the weekend..
Old 10-23-2008, 04:14 PM #84
ciscob
EGO/DM

all good questions..... Lets see what the head guys or girls say