Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2008, 10:58 PM #1
MG_K1NG6 (Banned)

Mos

Is it easy to get the mos you want, like do you just tell the recruiter the one you want and you get it or is much more complicated than that.

im lookin at a 19 something maybe 19D.
MG_K1NG6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 PM #2
skydiver101 (Banned)

if its available,and you meet the requirements (line scores,security clearance,physical profile ect.) you can get it,just be sure and go over your contract thoroughly with the counselor at MEPS
skydiver101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 PM #3
Robgrover

Also, if they say there are no openings at MEPS ask about in the future. Sometimes they do not look ahead a little bit for openings, there may not be one right now but in a few months there probably will be.
Robgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:51 PM #4
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
I have never seen anything in the 19 series not be an open MOS. As long as you meet the physical profile (PULHES) and get the right ASVAB score then you can enlist for it.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 AM #5
underdog_153

i told my recruiter i wanted 03xx. i got 03 but he didnt tell me about 0313, thats what i am and i ****in hate it
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 AM #6
MG_K1NG6 (Banned)

when u say 'if i meet the physical requirements', wat does that mean? is it up to the recruiter to determine if i look in the right physical condition for the mos or do i have to do a course or wat?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 AM #7
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG_K1NG6 View Post
when u say 'if i meet the physical requirements', wat does that mean? is it up to the recruiter to determine if i look in the right physical condition for the mos or do i have to do a course or wat?
You have to pass a physical fitness test or "PFT"

You have to be able to:

35 pushups in 2 minutes
47 situps in 2 minutes
and run 2 miles in 16:36

"The three PFT events are two minutes of push-ups, two minutes of sit-ups, and a timed 2-mile run. Your results from each event are assigned a score. Your age, gender and the amount of repetitions or time elapsed for each event determines your score."

http://www.military.com/military-fit...c-training-pft
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 AM #8
skydiver101 (Banned)

when you go to MEPS you go through a physical.they check your eyes,ears,upper and lower extremities,psychiatriac stuff.and based on how well you do on them you get a score of 1-4,1 being the highest.and each MOS has certain scores you have to get for each part of the physical
skydiver101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM #9
p8ntball_is_life89

p8ntball_is_life89 is a Supporting Member
To simply answer your question.....It can be easy to get the job you want. If you pick 19D Im sure you will get it...Its all about what they need to fill and what training you can get slotted for
Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM #10
MG_K1NG6 (Banned)

35 pushups in 2 minutes
47 situps in 2 minutes

wow... yea i can do that easily...

so if i go to the recruiter and lets say he tells me 19D isn't open/available/needed i should leave and then come back when it is open?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 PM #11
underdog_153

tell him that if its not open to call you when it is. youll get a phone call in a week
Old 10-13-2008, 05:57 PM #12
berserker19

Quote:

so if i go to the recruiter and lets say he tells me 19D isn't open/available/needed i should leave and then come back when it is open?
It won't work that way. You have to go to MEPS to take the ASVAB and physical. Once you do that, you meet with a Army representative (who is a civilian) who will give you your options for MOSs, bonuses, posts, etc. based on your scores. I can almost guarantee if you go in wanting 19D you will get it. You will probably also be offered a choice of first duty post or a cash bonus.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:12 PM #13
MG_K1NG6 (Banned)

ok awesome
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 PM #14
iamaparanoidperson

has been a member for 10 years
Well, since we are an all-volunteer force, you kinda just do not enlist unless they offer you a contract with the MOS that you want. It is that simple. If they try to push some other job off on you, tell them you are not going to enlist and go speak with another recruiter.
iamaparanoidperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 AM #15
ohherrohans
(b^.')

ohherrohans supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
35 pushups in 2 minutes
47 situps in 2 minutes

wow... yea i can do that easily...

i can almost guarantee you 19D slots will be open. im in a cav unit right now and we still need more... and im in Afghan! so yeah... you'll get it. MOS's like 11B (star mos's) will be open no matter what as well. 19D just came off the star mos spot.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 PM #16
Tricky Ricky

Sorry to thread jack, but how realistic would it be to get the Base of your choice? (I want to go to Fort Polk). And what exactly do the bonuses look like? I know they are diffrent for each MOS. But what all is included in this potential "40k$" bonus.

"Originally posted by rigby: so when you're ****ing your girlfriend are you groping her abs and saying "ohh baby your stomach is so flat""
Tricky Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM #17
Jonnyblaze1991
Who Dares, Wins

So I just took the ASVAB at school today. A Marine that was there said I wouldn't have to take it again to enlist if I was happy with my score. Is he bull****ting?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 PM #18
berserker19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Ricky View Post
Sorry to thread jack, but how realistic would it be to get the Base of your choice? (I want to go to Fort Polk). And what exactly do the bonuses look like? I know they are diffrent for each MOS. But what all is included in this potential "40k$" bonus.
The base choice is really dependant on your MOS, and if that post needs it.. they generally offer bases where they are building up a new brigade to deploy. Polk is small and is a training post too so I doubt you would get it. You might get a choice of 2-3 posts and a bonus. Larger bonuses sometimes don't come with any other options. It is hit or miss and changes all the time. If you want Polk don't expect to get it. You have a better chance when you re-up in 3 years.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:18 AM #19
ohherrohans
(b^.')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyblaze1991 View Post
So I just took the ASVAB at school today. A Marine that was there said I wouldn't have to take it again to enlist if I was happy with my score. Is he bull****ting?
if you scored above a 75 i wouldn't take it again. if youre GT score is below a 110 i wouldn't take it again. anything dramatically lower then those scores... retake the test.

so no.. he wasn't BSing you
Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM #20
raiders024
Armed Force #26

Annual Supporting Member
raiders024 plays in the APPA D5 division
raiders024 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyblaze1991 View Post
first off how old are you? the SASVAB as well as the ASVAB are only good for 2 years. He is right if you have a qualifing score why would you take it over? It all depends on the job you want, I can only speak for the Army as I am Army(and cant wait till Im done with recruiting) job are dependant on your line scores, your criminal background, and your physical condition i.e. are you color blind, do you havve full movement in all of your limbs and so on. As far as the GT Score comment I wouldnt worry about that till you got in, cuz when your in all we care about is your GT score. All jobs have different line scores for you to qualify for them.
look at these Army Regulations
AR 601-210 (the Army recruiters bible)
AR 40-501 (medical disqualifications)

raiders024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM #21
ohherrohans
(b^.')

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders024 View Post
first off how old are you? the SASVAB as well as the ASVAB are only good for 2 years. He is right if you have a qualifing score why would you take it over? It all depends on the job you want, I can only speak for the Army as I am Army(and cant wait till Im done with recruiting) job are dependant on your line scores, your criminal background, and your physical condition i.e. are you color blind, do you havve full movement in all of your limbs and so on. As far as the GT Score comment I wouldnt worry about that till you got in, cuz when your in all we care about is your GT score. All jobs have different line scores for you to qualify for them.
look at these Army Regulations
AR 601-210 (the Army recruiters bible)
AR 40-501 (medical disqualifications)
to be a recruiter you got be E4(P) and above right?..