Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 PM #85
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I haven't ever seen active duty US military in those colors...

you guys really need to either lighten up, or get a clue... too bad I'm not sure which.

Being a *insert name for your job here* is more than being Uncle Sam's ****ing Barbi doll. You're more than just a uniform/number, and the sooner you realize that the better off you will be.
it's not just the 1 guy posted in the op it's people like 50 cent who wore the Marine Corps Dress Blues and disgraced the uniform that people have died in it's more then just waring cammies in public.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:23 PM #86
jcpaintballer92 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnoob9988 View Post
I don't mind those, the dress uniforms just suck to wear. Hot, itchy, tight.

USO's get a
Yea, I remember my brother talking about how much they sucked, he was even more pissed when we got back to NY at midnight and it was 40degrees as opposed to 110 and humid, Then it was freezing even with that itchy *** sweater.

In other news, I am pretty excited he left behind a pair of his PT shorts that I wear around the house and one of his under armour type shirts that are sweet(are the Under Armour brand or something else?).

Last edited by jcpaintballer92 : 10-13-2008 at 10:29 PM.
jcpaintballer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 PM #87
pbnoob9988
Everyday Normal Guy

pbnoob9988 supports Cereal Killerz 2
The taticals we got issued were UA brand, look at the tag print. I hated them, then I loved them, then I just stopped wearing them. They aren't autherized in the shop anyways, if a fire started hey melt to your skin (more directed to the flightline guys than us). PT shorts are eh, green on black (tshirt/basketball shorts) is where it's at.

Woolie Poolies are ftw, same thing with the all weather coats, although both don't look too good. The woolie poolies can be worn under green cammies though, that's warm as ****. Tanker jackets are like the all weather coats I hear but they don't look as bad. No need for one though.

Last edited by pbnoob9988 : 10-13-2008 at 10:47 PM.
pbnoob9988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 PM #88
jcpaintballer92 (Banned)

Quote:
The taticals we got issued were UA brand, look at the tag print. I hated them, then I loved them, then I just stopped wearing them. They aren't autherized in the shop anyways, if a fire started hey melt to your skin (more directed to the flightline guys than us).

Woolie Poolies are ftw.
Woolie poolies? I dont really have to worry about a fire, something goes down I'l let the heros take care of it, I'm heading for the hills
Old 10-13-2008, 10:51 PM #89
pbnoob9988
Everyday Normal Guy

Woolie poolies are the wool green sweaters we get. Only itchy if you have no undershirt.

We (helocopter mech's) can't wear them at work because of the fire hazzards from the stuff we work with and/or on.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM #90
jcpaintballer92 (Banned)

Quote:
Woolie poolies are the wool green sweaters we get. Only itchy if you have no undershirt.

We (helocopter mech's) can't wear them at work because of the fire hazzards from the stuff we work with and/or on.
My brother just wore the tactical's to the gym, he wore the sweater once and hated it. When he was home he wore his sweatshirt/pants around the house. Anyone else really like "uptight" and serious when there in uniform? My brother was like two different people in his mannerisms and body language
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 PM #91
Jack of Blades (Banned)
Who speaks for Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxarsonist View Post
We die in those uniforms, and its a style?

Well ****.
I'm not seeing the logic in this sentence

People die in a uniform, so that means other people can't wear them? I'll agree, it looks stupid as **** though.
Jack of Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:58 AM #92
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I haven't ever seen active duty US military in those colors...

you guys really need to either lighten up, or get a clue... too bad I'm not sure which.

Being a *insert name for your job here* is more than being Uncle Sam's ****ing Barbi doll. You're more than just a uniform/number, and the sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

The idea that theyre wearing military colours, and rank, and ribbons in the wrong places, to make a fashion statement pisses me off. I saw a picture of some old hag wearing a marine dress shirt, with PFC on the forearm, pointed down, with a purple heart, and other ribbons on the wrong side. not to mention, it was unbuttoned. looked the exact same as a reg. dress shirt.

as far as the military is concerned, i am a uniform, and a body. i dont mind that. ill do my job, and wont complain.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 AM #93
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
I'm not seeing the logic in this sentence

People die in a uniform, so that means other people can't wear them? I'll agree, it looks stupid as **** though.

No, you can wear the same uniform, if youre willing to do what you have to do to wear it. People that arent dedicated to the uniform shouldnt wear it. Its part of our identity as soldiers, and marines.

No, I am not defending ACUs. I hate those things.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 PM #94
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

Thats ****ing retarded. I'm not in the military and that pisses me off.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 PM #95
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent

infotography is a Paintball photographer
Honestly.. It really doesnt bother me at all. Who is it hurting? If they are wearing the uniform incorrectly as far as im concerned they arent really wearing the uniform.

People go out and play paintball in old beat up BDU's and ACU's and even Marine Fatigues.. does THAT bother you? People shooting paint filled balls at the uniform you used to wear?

Its a fad, it will pass.. but until then let them pretend to be in the military.. it's not like they are intentionally trying to impersonate a military member...

And i wouldnt say 50 is disgracing a uniform people have died in. I think you would be hard pressed to find many military members that have died in combat in their Class A's... Yes that uniform is the face of the Marines, but to argue that 50 is intentionally disgracing the uniform is a stretch..

Last edited by infotography : 10-15-2008 at 09:58 PM.
infotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:15 PM #96
underdog_153

are you in the military? if your not or have never been i understand why you dont see teh difference in playin paintball in fatigues and wearing our blues like **** to look like a gangster
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 AM #97
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent

I am in the military. Im guessing for the most part, the people who are upset about this are people who are either about to go to basic or within their first 3 or 4 years of service.. They usually have a super high sense of pride in their service and everything people say or do about the military offends them.

Give it a few years.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 AM #98
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
I am in the military. Im guessing for the most part, the people who are upset about this are people who are either about to go to basic or within their first 3 or 4 years of service.. They usually have a super high sense of pride in their service and everything people say or do about the military offends them.

Give it a few years.
I see the truth in these words.

But then again... the marines are on a special bus. A friend's neighbor had a problem with him wearing jungle MARPAT pantaloons (I just like the word pantaloons) to go hunting.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:54 AM #99
pbnoob9988
Everyday Normal Guy

I'd go hunting in my woodland pants, just leave them unbloused.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:16 PM #100
DM6 KILLA
I'm back haters!

DM6 KILLA helped look for balloons
i had to take the PSAT's on thursday, and i walked into the classroom with a fellow cadet, (LET 1/Private) and i saw a kid sitting near the door wearing one of those shirts. this had to be the worst one i have seen yet. he had marine E-5 ranks, a special forces patch on his left arm UPSIDOWN and then a 101 patch on his right arm. oh yeah and full bird colonel ranks on his collar. i wanted to slap him. i think im going to do some research on if it is illegal to wear these things and look into having them banned before i go ape**** and get myself expelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post

Give it a few years.
thats not true at all, i know plenty of 1SG's CSM's and Officers that would snap if they ever saw this.

and for 50 cent, there is no excuse for that. that is a uniform, wheather he is wearing it to respect marines or not he is not a marine so he does not have the authorization to wear it.

my grandmothers tennant was in the Army, and he died. not in combat but he had a lot of old uniforms (i dont know why) but he had a paid of dress blues. and his niece threw them out. so i took it, ironed the pants and put it away in my closet, i would never disrespect a uniform no matter what branch it is.

and im not even AD yet..
BostonBrutality #5
www.comittedpaintball.com
www.allstarrpaintball.com
.OG Sandana Owners Club. Educate Yourself.
VSB

Last edited by DM6 KILLA : 10-18-2008 at 07:38 PM.
DM6 KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM #101
Paintballin_Dan
New Earth Army

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaparanoidperson View Post
we can fly in service or dress uniforms but not camies...unless ofcourse we are deploying. But, we do not use comercial aircraft...or if we do there are no civilians onboard with us.

i didn't understand why the corps was so strict about wearing camies in public until i saw all the stupid ****ing army fags acting like *******s in public while wearing their uniforms...expecting special attention and treatment because they serve in the military.

when i was flying down to FLW i saw a marine piss on his own bags at the uso, while in his alphas. right in the middle of everyone. he got lots of "special attention."

edit: he was hammer drunk, incase nobody is able to infer that.

11B1P
"Another ****ty day in the Double 'A"

"Originally posted by Dr Chewy: 92% of ST can't even spell simple words correctly. The chance of them grasping quantum mechanics is impossible."
Paintballin_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 PM #102
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM6 KILLA View Post
i had to take the PSAT's on thursday, and i walked into the classroom with a fellow cadet, (LET 1/Private) and i saw a kid sitting near the door wearing one of those shirts. this had to be the worst one i have seen yet. he had marine E-5 ranks, a special forces patch on his left arm UPSIDOWN and then a 101 patch on his right arm. oh yeah and full bird colonel ranks on his collar. i wanted to slap him. i think im going to do some research on if it is illegal to wear these things and look into having them banned before i go ape**** and get myself expelled

thats not true at all, i know plenty of 1SG's CSM's and Officers that would snap if they ever saw this.

and for 50 cent, there is no excuse for that. that is a uniform, wheather he is wearing it to respect marines or not he is not a marine so he does not have the authorization to wear it.

my grandmothers tennant was in the Army, and he died. not in combat but he had a lot of old uniforms (i dont know why) but he had a paid of dress blues. and his niece threw them out. so i took it, ironed the pants and put it away in my closet, i would never disrespect a uniform no matter what branch it is.

and im not even AD yet..
You sir are insane. These are in no way illegal. It is a waste of your time to try to research it. Your "patriotism" is admirable, but is severely misdirected.

These are merely material items. Respect the person wearing the uniform.

Im not saying dont respect the uniform, but you guys are taking this about 10 steps too far. Its a fashion statement right now. If anything you should be proud that people want to idolize you as service members.

You arent even AD yet. Trust me, I used to be as patriotic as you. Give it a few years, and you will see the military for what it really is.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 PM #103
rapsux

Gee, too bad we can't get these guys to make up fake Hell's Angels colors and wear them around in public, I'd like to see THAT...

These buffoons are trying on (pun intended) something they haven't earned. They have no idea how stupid they look to people who have served. They have no idea how offensive the clothing they are wearing is to people who have served. Perhaps if I came up with as similar shirt with a KKK theme they would get the picture.......on second thought, no, they wouldn't, if they were capable of understanding it at all they wouldn't be wearing this garbage in the first place.

I will never understand why all this "it's cool to be a ghetto dwelling drug dealing gang banging POS" stuff is so popular. People must be stupid or something.....
rapsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 PM #104
Cheers!
Custom User Title

Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post

Apparently 50 cent thinks its cool to dress like a Marine...
Wow.
At PT some kid came in cammies (not making this up) with a marine corps patch on his chest. My recruiter, Staff Sergeant De La Rosa, walked up to him, looked him in the eyes, and without saying a word, RIPPED the patch off saying "You have to earn this before you sport it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
because marines are known for being so straight edge when on leave

You're being pretty damn hypocritical.

I can tell you one thing, I have never and will never let my soldiers give the uniform a bad name in public, I have on several occasions gotten in peoples faces or dragged them out of bars because they were being disrespectful, I don't put up with that **** in my company
Jack, despite your support of Obama, i like you more then any other poster on here by many times. But i must disagree with you. I live close to Camp Pendleton, and encounter a lot of Marines. Consequently, my brothers and friends run into them often at bars. "They are the most respectful people I've ever seen." Thats all I hear out of my brothers. I cant tell you that I have ever seen any army personel doing anything stupid on leave, but i can say that i do hear a lot about how stupid they act on leave. But i have never seen any of them do something stupid, and in the end they are all servicemen, whether it be marine, army, air force, or navy, so I never talk **** on any section of the military.

Last edited by Cheers! : 10-22-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 AM #105
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM6 KILLA View Post
im not racist but all the black kids wear those ****ty shirts that i showed in a post, they think it's "gangsta" to look like a soldier with all the awards and what not. i want to ***** slap every one of them, i say to them, if you want to look like that why not just join my class? ill make you into a cadet and you can EARN your own badges and what not.

do those shirts count as being illegal? because if they are im going to talk to my colonel about getting a ban at the school.

i know i sound like a *** for suggesting a ban, but they are disrespectful for men and women who do have that rank and those awards and it pisses me off
I'm usually not a dick, but where I grew up, it was mostly nerdy white kids who wore that. So I guess it depends where you're from. All the black kids wear them huh? Ignorant piece of ****. You should really post less.

Edit: I'm sorrry, I just can't get over the "I'm not racist BUT..." I haven't been this pissed off at a post in a forum before. Congratulations on the award

Last edited by warSSaw : 10-24-2008 at 02:06 AM.
warSSaw is offline   Reply With Quote