Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM #1954
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger.walrus View Post
I need help in english.

how do you spell words with like 2 of the same letter?
like the word "spell" only not that word........ other words with 2 of the same letter in a row.

pardon my spelling, I am using 4 foot flippers to type and do not have spell check.

I am sure that if I had a large human brain I would have no problem with this, but I have a smaller brain. the space in my skull was used up by bone to support my massive tusks.

i am hamburger walrus.
like ball, fall, booth, or tooth?
My Instagram
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 PM #1955
claustin10

has been a member for 10 years
Business Calc: Higher Order Derivatives

Hey guys I'm studying for a Calc exam I have tomorrow and I'm absolutely stumped at this point. I can't figure out problems like:
Find F''(x) and the equation is F(x)=(x^2+2)^5
Here's the example I'm having a problem understanding:

I understand how they get from the top underlined part to the bottom one, but I don't get the rest of what they did. I've been stuck trying to figure this out for hours and I'd really appreciate help.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 AM #1956
F1VENOM

Algebraic manipulation.

From the bottom underlined line to the next they factored out the common factor of 6(2x^2+3)^(-1/2) and regrouped the remaining 2x^2+2x^2+3 and then simplified it by sticking the (2x^2+3)^(-1/2) under a radical and in the denominator and added the two 2x^2 terms together.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM #1957
claustin10

Thank you so much. You have no idea how long I've been stuck trying to get it all figured out.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:53 PM #1958
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Too bad I'm in my senior year of high school, or I would help with US History and Gov, and some Euro stuff :s
Old 07-08-2012, 01:16 AM #1959
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
Too bad I'm in my senior year of high school, or I would help with US History and Gov, and some Euro stuff :s
My Instagram
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 PM #1960
Wafflezinator

Wafflezinator has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wafflezinator is attending Decay of Nations VI
Question about limits:

Directions: The function is discontinous at x = 2.

f(x) = x + int(cos(pi*x))

So i start off by going through the 3 reasons to prove its discontinuous.

1. The point exists: So I plug in F(2) and get back 3.

2. The lim as x approaches 2 of F(x) exists and is finite.: So I plug in F(2) again. I know this is wrong and Im really supposed to plug in F(3) but why 3?

3. The point is equal to the limit. This is what makes it discontinous because 2 does not equal 3.

So my main question is what did I do wrong in step 2.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 PM #1961
F1VENOM

Int means integral or integer?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM #1962
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

integer
My Instagram
Old 09-12-2012, 01:52 AM #1963
alex456

is anyone a junior or senior computer science major?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM #1964
martin028
Acta Non Verba

martin028 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
martin028 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
martin028 plays in the APPA D4 division
martin028 supports DLX Technology
I am doing limits in AP calc right now, basically the same stuff we did at the end of the year last year in Precalc honors (Not trying to brag, I think the lesson plans differ based on honors or not) and just like last year, I am the only one in the class that has no clue wtf to do with limits. If anyone has a good resource on learning how to find them , or what exactly they are, I would greatly appreciate it. My calc book only confuses me more. Sandwich principles, properties, limits and asymptotes, I have no clue what to do.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 PM #1965
macfarlaneseth518

As a parent, you are your child’s advocate. For your child to succeed in the classroom, it is vital that you communicate his or her needs to the adults at school. It is equally important for you to listen to what the teachers and other school officials have to say.

You can make communication with your child’s school constructive and productive. Try to keep in mind that your mutual purpose is finding out how to best help your child succeed in school. Whether you talk over the phone, email, or meet in person, make an effort to be calm, specific, and above all positive—a good attitude can go a long way in communication with school.

Plan ahead. You can arrange to speak with school officials or teachers before the school year even begins. If the year has started, plan to speak with a teacher or counselor on at least a monthly basis.
Make meetings happen. Agree on a time that works for both you and your child’s teacher and stick to it. Avoid cancelling. If it is convenient, meet in your child’s classroom so you can get a sense of your child’s physical learning environment.
Create goals together. Discuss your hopes for your child’s school success. Together, write down specific and realistic goals and talk about how they can be reached.
Listen carefully. Like you, your child’s teacher wants to see your child succeed at school. Listen to what he or she has to say—even if it is sometimes hard to hear. Avoid interrupting. Understanding your child’s challenges in school is the key to finding solutions that work.
Share information. You know your child’s history, and your child’s teacher sees him or her every day: together you have a lot of information that can lead to better understanding of your child’s hardships. Share your observations freely, and encourage your child’s teachers to do the same.
Ask the hard questions and give a complete picture. Communication can only work effectively if it is honest. Be sure to list any medications your child takes and explain any other treatments. Share with your child’s teacher what tactics work well—and which don’t—for your child at home. Ask if your child is having any problems in school, including on the playground. Find out if your child can get any special services to help with learning.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 AM #1966
ClawScrewdriver (Banned)
The Bomberman

ClawScrewdriver is an NCPA player
ClawScrewdriver plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin028 View Post
I am doing limits in AP calc right now, basically the same stuff we did at the end of the year last year in Precalc honors (Not trying to brag, I think the lesson plans differ based on honors or not) and just like last year, I am the only one in the class that has no clue wtf to do with limits. If anyone has a good resource on learning how to find them , or what exactly they are, I would greatly appreciate it. My calc book only confuses me more. Sandwich principles, properties, limits and asymptotes, I have no clue what to do.
try khan academy
Old 09-21-2012, 12:14 AM #1967
Kenny_McCormick

REALLY stupid physics problem, I should not be stuck on this: Ignore friction, ball is rolling at a constant velocity of 12m/s, it hits an uphill section with acceleration -19cm/s^2. How far does the ball roll before momentarily stopping?
Narrator: [Talking slowly] And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 AM #1968
F1VENOM

You know the initial velocity, the final velocity and the acceleration.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM #1969
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormick View Post
REALLY stupid physics problem, I should not be stuck on this: Ignore friction, ball is rolling at a constant velocity of 12m/s, it hits an uphill section with acceleration -19cm/s^2. How far does the ball roll before momentarily stopping?
Answer below
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post

You know the initial velocity, the final velocity and the acceleration.

Learning all this stuff right now in school.
Not too hard. But sometimes I use the wrong formula
Old 09-26-2012, 01:55 PM #1970
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Not really school, but if anyone understands credit cards or is taking a finance class or something.

Anyone understand how interest on a credit card cash advance works? I'm just curious about it, I know they're terrible.

So say I had a cash advance APR of 19.24%. I took out $1,000 for the cash advance. The fee is 3% or $10, whichever is greater, so it's $30 just for the fee.

Now I think the APR on a cash advance is accrued immediately. So let's say I managed to pay back the $1,000 in 10 days. Ignoring the fee for now.

So is the APR cost basically like this? (.1924/12)=0.01603% month /30 days=0.00053444% daily. So for 10 days, 0.00053444x10x$1000=$5.3444 in APR interest?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM #1971
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

Any chemists know about showing electronic transitions on a crystal field splitting diagram.
specifically, whether Jahn-Teller distortion plays a factor in the transition energy or if the transition energy is into the degenerate state which then splits according to J-T distortion. And if J-T distortion "comes first" would that mean that both the ground state and excited state degenerate orbitals suffer J-T distortion?
I am supposed to show 2 "different" electronic transitions of a first row TM low spin d7 complex and i was wondering if I would show 2 separate transitions to the same degenerate energy level (but different orbitals) or what i think is more likely, which is showing one transition to the lower energy J-T distorted and one to the higher energy J-T distorted orbitals, which would also imply that the triply degenerate state should also show J-T distortion.

I know its a shot in the dark, lets see if y'all get back to me before my TA...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 AM #1972
AlienBoy

multiplying decimals.
.446 x .320

i'm doing my cross multiplication wrong or something i keep getting..

not sure wtf is going on. let me try this again.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM #1973
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBoy View Post
multiplying decimals.
.446 x .320

i'm doing my cross multiplication wrong or something i keep getting..

not sure wtf is going on. let me try this again.
The calculator on the computer is giving me

I punched in
0.446*0.320

Not sure if that's what you're aiming to do?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 PM #1974
AlienBoy

Trying to get my g.e.d but been stuck on math for 3 years.
Failed my math test 3 times.

Dividing whole numbers by decimals and mixed decimals.

How come when doing problems like 2,193 divided by .303

you dont put the decimal uptop 3 places to the right? the answer came out to 70237.7
I thought since you move the decimal over 3 spots you do that to the top answer... How come the decimal in 70237.7 is 5 spots over?
I thought it would be 702.377 because i moved the decimal 3 spots.
I'm confused on the place holder and how to bring it up in the right location...

Last edited by AlienBoy : 10-27-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Closed Thread