PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:16 PM #1765
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
From my glance at it, you were given a velocity (1st derivative of position) and took the derivative which gives you the acceleration (2nd derivative of position) and found the average acceleration. Is this a college algebra class?
I thought the original equation was the for the position, not velocity. And this is a college calculus class. I don't remember learning about derivatives in algebra.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2011, 08:36 PM #1766
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah but that says nothing about derivatives, it's a straight up plug and chug problem.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 10-23-2011, 09:13 PM #1767
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Yeah but that says nothing about derivatives, it's a straight up plug and chug problem.
The next part of the problem:

Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 PM #1768
DaramoeX
T. Swizzle

DaramoeX helped look for balloons
DaramoeX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I don't even . . . I hate all you who can do math. Intro to Stats is the only class so far in college to cause me stress so far. I can talk about anything and everything with the human body but **** math.

I want to buy a WGP Karnivor, PM if you have one
Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 PM #1769
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Seems like she had you do the exact same thing 2 times.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 AM #1770
kamish

any chem smarties still up?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:07 PM #1771
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaramoeX View Post
I don't even . . . I hate all you who can do math. Intro to Stats is the only class so far in college to cause me stress so far. I can talk about anything and everything with the human body but **** math.
I'm on my 11th (Partial Differential Equations 1) and 12th (Numerical Analysis 1) of my college career. I started out at twice remedial math (MAT028) where we started with basic algebra. It's not easy, but it really is rewarding and anyone can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamish View Post
any chem smarties still up?
What's the question?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM #1772
pballin77
Oatmeal makes you healthy

pballin77 helped look for balloons
pballin77 is playing at Living Legends III
pballin77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin77 supports Team VICIOUS
Quantum theory in honors chem is kicking my *** right now....
ASM Council
ST: Music: Guitar thread: OG
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 PM #1773
F1VENOM

What about quantum theory?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:53 PM #1774
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballin77
Quantum theory in honors chem is kicking my *** right now....
Here's a secret...that **** doesn't matter. Just temporarily suspend your belief in what is and isn't possible and that class becomes much less of a quantum mind****

Director of Security
Fish quality control expert
Hippie mauler
Overall Alpha
Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 PM #1775
pballin77

All this Schrodingers cat **** and orbital levels and quantum numbers spdf and all that ****. Test is tomorrow and I'm lost haha
ASM Council
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM #1776
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballin77 View Post
All this Schrodingers cat **** and orbital levels and quantum numbers spdf and all that ****. Test is tomorrow and I'm lost haha
Schrodinger's cat is a thought experiment to help explain the uncertainty of the quantum world. SPDF corresponds with the orbital shells that electrons can occupy. Do you have more pointed questions that we can answer?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM #1777
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM

Schrodinger's cat is a thought experiment to help explain the uncertainty of the quantum world. SPDF corresponds with the orbital shells that electrons can occupy. Do you have more pointed questions that we can answer?

And here is what you do. Take the test, then when you get a bad grade back say

"you changed the outcome by grading it" and demand your A

Director of Security
Fish quality control expert
Hippie mauler
Overall Alpha
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 PM #1778
pballin77

That's actually a great idea... haha.

Okay, I don't really have any example questions, one thing I need to know is mapping out orbitals using the diagonal chart... such as "1s^2, 2s^2, 2p^6" and so on up the chart. **** like that.

Edit: It's called orbital notation and electron configuration. God I hate chemistry.
ASM Council
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 PM #1779
F1VENOM

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 PM #1780
pballin77

Lol, exactly. Eh, it's whatever, I know I won't fail at least.
ASM Council
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 PM #1781
Eg0 MY Negr0
;)

Eg0 MY Negr0 is playing at Living Legends III
Eg0 MY Negr0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Eg0 MY Negr0 supports Team VICIOUS
Eg0 MY Negr0 is for the Gunfight
I need to think of a product for Marketing class. It can be anything. I'm drawing a blank here. Please help!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:46 AM #1782
}(________*)
The Big Blue

Pants... but with cloth napkins on the side so you can now wipe your hands on your clothes and not feel bad about it!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:16 PM #1783
protokid1453
rhapsodie hongroises

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg0 MY Negr0 View Post
I need to think of a product for Marketing class. It can be anything. I'm drawing a blank here. Please help!
A hoodie with pillows in the sides so that you lay your head down on a table and fall asleep comfortably. It would also have pouches there so you can store stuff securely.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:09 PM #1784
}(________*)
The Big Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by protokid1453 View Post
A hoodie with pillows in the sides so that you lay your head down on a table and fall asleep comfortably. It would also have pouches there so you can store stuff securely.
This is actually a pretty sweet idea. I'd make some kind of compartment so you could stuff the hood away. That would be pretty thick and could get annoying if you wouldn't want to sleep. But I'd still buy one for sure.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 PM #1785
Eg0 MY Negr0
;)

Eg0 MY Negr0 is playing at Living Legends III
Eg0 MY Negr0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Eg0 MY Negr0 supports Team VICIOUS
Eg0 MY Negr0 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by }(________*) View Post
Pants... but with cloth napkins on the side so you can now wipe your hands on your clothes and not feel bad about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by protokid1453 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by }(________*) View Post
This is actually a pretty sweet idea. I'd make some kind of compartment so you could stuff the hood away. That would be pretty thick and could get annoying if you wouldn't want to sleep. But I'd still buy one for sure.
thanks for the ideas. I thought the pillow idea was pretty good so I searched around and found out someone already has thought of something along the lines. http://www.gadgetreview.com/2009/02/...le-pillow.html

instead of a pillow they made the hood inflatable. maybe I could do a fully inflatable jacket that doubles as an air mattress.
Closed Thread