Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM #1072
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Haha it's finding area under the curve. I'm here if you need any help, I'm pretty decent at calc.
Alright, sounds good. Thanks. You taking ap physics b by any chance?
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM #1073
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Da **** is that? We only go up to related rates on the midterm, although we are a chapter past that now
**** we did that 1st semester lol

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM #1074
nanarmotettet
3 is a magic number

K i got a physics based question. Its not from my homework but i raised the question in my pnuematics class and the teacher really isnt that smart to begin with and really didnt offer me a very satisfactory answer.
This is what im looking at:

My argument was that if the same force was applied when the vent was closed vs. being open that the pressure resulting in the chamber would be less because of the higher difference in pressures. The chamber by the vent would create a vacuum and would create a larger difference in pressures resulting in less movement in the piston therefore less pressure in the chamber.

My point
loaded pressure - vacuum>loaded pressure - atmosphere pressure

therefore with the same load on the rod the pressure in the guage side chamber will be less with the vent closed.

Am i right? Please explain, any laws/equations would be helpful.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 AM #1075
Xyoxvietsterx
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hey, any of you guys in college or attending UC's?

I have a question concerning my future and school.

I'm a sophomore in high school right now who totally ****ed up my freshmen year with about 4 F's. Luckily, I was in advanced classes such as Biology, Geometry ect.. so I'm not too behind. I'm doing okayish now, slipping up a little between D's and C's. I used to be a straight A student and would like to obtain at least a 3.0 GPA by the end of senior school. I'm interested in attending UC's like Irvine or UC Santa Cruz, but I'm afraid because of my mistakes my chances has been narrowed down. My GPA is about 1.5-2.0 right now, second semester I'm doing way better now. I know it's hard to say I wanna get straight A's for the rest of my high school years and stick to it but I wanna try at least. I was wondering it's all GPA or will my SAT and other things greatly affect it too. Can any of you guys PM me about things I should and can do? I know I should be talking to my parents or counselor about these things but it can be embarrassing sometimes. I'm making up credits and classes in the summer.

Thanks you guys, help a kid get his priorities straight
Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 AM #1076
nanarmotettet
3 is a magic number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyoxvietsterx View Post

I'm a sophomore in high school right now who totally ****ed up my freshmen year with about 4 F's. Luckily, I was in advanced classes such as Biology, Geometry ect.. so I'm not too behind. I'm doing okayish now, slipping up a little between D's and C's. I used to be a straight A student and would like to obtain at least a 3.0 GPA by the end of senior school. I'm interested in attending UC's like Irvine or UC Santa Cruz, but I'm afraid because of my mistakes my chances has been narrowed down. My GPA is about 1.5-2.0 right now, second semester I'm doing way better now. I know it's hard to say I wanna get straight A's for the rest of my high school years and stick to it but I wanna try at least. I was wondering it's all GPA or will my SAT and other things greatly affect it too. Can any of you guys PM me about things I should and can do? I know I should be talking to my parents or counselor about these things but it can be embarrassing sometimes. I'm making up credits and classes in the summer.

you'd be suprised as to how many schools would let you in with a 3.0. i think high schools really over play the "omg if you dont do perfect you wont get anywhere in life" card. I got accepted into a school i wasnt sure if i was good enough to attend only to find out that several people who did far worse in high school got in as well. I think colleges are more concerned with your money than grades, not saying grades arent important but that they arent as important to as some make it out to be. still thought a 1.5-2.0 wont get you very far.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM #1077
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Alright, sounds good. Thanks. You taking ap physics b by any chance?
Nah sorry only honors physics.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 AM #1078
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyoxvietsterx View Post

I'll assume you're an intelligent kid that just didn't bother with school. Work your *** off the next three years, this doesn't mean not going out, but study every night. It may seem boring but it will help you in the long run. Score well on your sat, don't get a tutor, just buy the 20 dollar book.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 AM #1079
andrewlax120 (Banned)

andrewlax120 is playing at Living Legends III
andrewlax120 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrewlax120 supports Team VICIOUS
AHHH Stuck on one math problem.... guys whats 6 X 7 = ???????

if i can get the answer before ten am i will paypal 5 bucks
Old 01-27-2010, 04:07 PM #1080
nflvikings
It's fizzix.

nflvikings is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronY View Post
**** is so hard for me.

5{-2x+3[2-4(5x+1)]}

All blends together. Ridiculous to do out on paper.
5{-2x+3[2-20x+4]}
5{-2x+6-60x+12}
5{18-62x}

90-310x//

Just start on the far right and keep distributing numbers through.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 PM #1081
tavery1

Have to study for an exam on Friday never had to but its on stuff I haven't used in a long time. Any suggestions to help me retain stuff?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM #1082
Tippmann playa

start studying earlier next time

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 PM #1083
Boatacious

figured it out nevermind

Last edited by Boatacious : 01-28-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:11 PM #1084
i*heart*paintball
MistaMeeyagi

figured it out

Last edited by i*heart*paintball : 01-28-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM #1085
casultytosociety
BlacMac

ap chemistry

what would i be getting myself into?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 PM #1086
Tippmann playa

not that bad, never studied and i ended up with an 89 last semester but im sort of a natural at chem anyway

Old 01-29-2010, 02:26 AM #1087
andrewlax120 (Banned)

andrewlax120 is playing at Living Legends III
andrewlax120 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrewlax120 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlax120 View Post
AHHH Stuck on one math problem.... guys whats 6 X 7 = ???????

if i can get the answer before ten am i will paypal 5 bucks
?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 AM #1088
JohnyGfunk
Back then it was chess

has been a member for 10 years
6x7=42

My feedback +24 / -0

BUY MY STUFF: ALL MUST GO
Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 PM #1089
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
No. It's 67
Old 01-30-2010, 03:32 PM #1090
Delta3
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanarmotettet View Post
K i got a physics based question. Its not from my homework but i raised the question in my pnuematics class and the teacher really isnt that smart to begin with and really didnt offer me a very satisfactory answer.
This is what im looking at:

My argument was that if the same force was applied when the vent was closed vs. being open that the pressure resulting in the chamber would be less because of the higher difference in pressures. The chamber by the vent would create a vacuum and would create a larger difference in pressures resulting in less movement in the piston therefore less pressure in the chamber.

My point
loaded pressure - vacuum>loaded pressure - atmosphere pressure

therefore with the same load on the rod the pressure in the guage side chamber will be less with the vent closed.

Am i right? Please explain, any laws/equations would be helpful.

I saw your question yesterday, and I've been rolling it around in my brain since last night. I'm a mechanical engineer, but my job doesn't involve pneumatics, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

My feeling is:
With a closed chamber, the pressure behind the piston will actually decrease since the volume is increasing with piston compression (PV=nRT)...and no more air can be added with the vent closed. With an open chamber, the pressure decrease caused by piston compression will draw more air into the chamber to reach steady-state pressure...which should be atmospheric.

As for the gauge pressure...I'm not sure why you're subtracting the pressure on the other side of the piston. Unless you have negative pressure, the 'empty side' pressure should actually be helping you hold the piston in compression. My feeling is that an 'open' chamber will give you the greatest piston assist because the empty chamber should always be at atmospheric pressure...a closed chamber would have less than atmospheric as the volume of the chamber increases without additional air being added.

There's my thoughts...
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 PM #1091
grizboy88
im the asian boy

For my english class I have to come up with a topic about gender roles on television and write an analytical paper about it.

I am having trouble formulating a question though. I was thinking to use something along the lines of "Commercials and advertisements depicting the idea of how a real man should be." But I need to turn that into a question. Any ideas?
I used this Old Spice commercial. I later need to find secondary sources.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:45 PM #1092
Master Bates
ATL

Master Bates is playing at Living Legends III
Master Bates owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Master Bates supports Team VICIOUS
Master Bates has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have write a ****ing sonnett........and idk what the heck to do