Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM #1072
Pyrosive
Jacked
 
Pyrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 703
Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Haha it's finding area under the curve. I'm here if you need any help, I'm pretty decent at calc.
Alright, sounds good. Thanks. You taking ap physics b by any chance?
__________________
"Originally posted by rockingtheomen: That little white dude means I can walk, White dudes always set the rules."
Pyrosive is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM #1073
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike
 
Tippmann playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Da **** is that? We only go up to related rates on the midterm, although we are a chapter past that now
**** we did that 1st semester lol
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Tippmann playa is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM #1074
nanarmotettet
3 is a magic number
 
nanarmotettet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: michigan
K i got a physics based question. Its not from my homework but i raised the question in my pnuematics class and the teacher really isnt that smart to begin with and really didnt offer me a very satisfactory answer.
This is what im looking at:


My argument was that if the same force was applied when the vent was closed vs. being open that the pressure resulting in the chamber would be less because of the higher difference in pressures. The chamber by the vent would create a vacuum and would create a larger difference in pressures resulting in less movement in the piston therefore less pressure in the chamber.

My point
loaded pressure - vacuum>loaded pressure - atmosphere pressure

therefore with the same load on the rod the pressure in the guage side chamber will be less with the vent closed.

Am i right? Please explain, any laws/equations would be helpful.
__________________
Gear Bag Sale
nanarmotettet is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 AM #1075
Xyoxvietsterx
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Xyoxvietsterx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Jose
Hey, any of you guys in college or attending UC's?

I have a question concerning my future and school.

I'm a sophomore in high school right now who totally ****ed up my freshmen year with about 4 F's. Luckily, I was in advanced classes such as Biology, Geometry ect.. so I'm not too behind. I'm doing okayish now, slipping up a little between D's and C's. I used to be a straight A student and would like to obtain at least a 3.0 GPA by the end of senior school. I'm interested in attending UC's like Irvine or UC Santa Cruz, but I'm afraid because of my mistakes my chances has been narrowed down. My GPA is about 1.5-2.0 right now, second semester I'm doing way better now. I know it's hard to say I wanna get straight A's for the rest of my high school years and stick to it but I wanna try at least. I was wondering it's all GPA or will my SAT and other things greatly affect it too. Can any of you guys PM me about things I should and can do? I know I should be talking to my parents or counselor about these things but it can be embarrassing sometimes. I'm making up credits and classes in the summer.

Thanks you guys, help a kid get his priorities straight
Xyoxvietsterx is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 AM #1076
nanarmotettet
3 is a magic number
 
nanarmotettet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyoxvietsterx View Post
Hey, any of you guys in college or attending UC's?

I have a question concerning my future and school.

I'm a sophomore in high school right now who totally ****ed up my freshmen year with about 4 F's. Luckily, I was in advanced classes such as Biology, Geometry ect.. so I'm not too behind. I'm doing okayish now, slipping up a little between D's and C's. I used to be a straight A student and would like to obtain at least a 3.0 GPA by the end of senior school. I'm interested in attending UC's like Irvine or UC Santa Cruz, but I'm afraid because of my mistakes my chances has been narrowed down. My GPA is about 1.5-2.0 right now, second semester I'm doing way better now. I know it's hard to say I wanna get straight A's for the rest of my high school years and stick to it but I wanna try at least. I was wondering it's all GPA or will my SAT and other things greatly affect it too. Can any of you guys PM me about things I should and can do? I know I should be talking to my parents or counselor about these things but it can be embarrassing sometimes. I'm making up credits and classes in the summer.

Thanks you guys, help a kid get his priorities straight
you'd be suprised as to how many schools would let you in with a 3.0. i think high schools really over play the "omg if you dont do perfect you wont get anywhere in life" card. I got accepted into a school i wasnt sure if i was good enough to attend only to find out that several people who did far worse in high school got in as well. I think colleges are more concerned with your money than grades, not saying grades arent important but that they arent as important to as some make it out to be. still thought a 1.5-2.0 wont get you very far.
__________________
Gear Bag Sale
nanarmotettet is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM #1077
Smart Parts Player12
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Alright, sounds good. Thanks. You taking ap physics b by any chance?
Nah sorry only honors physics.
__________________
But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. It's really that simple, right?
Smart Parts Player12 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 AM #1078
Smart Parts Player12
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyoxvietsterx View Post
Hey, any of you guys in college or attending UC's?

I have a question concerning my future and school.

I'm a sophomore in high school right now who totally ****ed up my freshmen year with about 4 F's. Luckily, I was in advanced classes such as Biology, Geometry ect.. so I'm not too behind. I'm doing okayish now, slipping up a little between D's and C's. I used to be a straight A student and would like to obtain at least a 3.0 GPA by the end of senior school. I'm interested in attending UC's like Irvine or UC Santa Cruz, but I'm afraid because of my mistakes my chances has been narrowed down. My GPA is about 1.5-2.0 right now, second semester I'm doing way better now. I know it's hard to say I wanna get straight A's for the rest of my high school years and stick to it but I wanna try at least. I was wondering it's all GPA or will my SAT and other things greatly affect it too. Can any of you guys PM me about things I should and can do? I know I should be talking to my parents or counselor about these things but it can be embarrassing sometimes. I'm making up credits and classes in the summer.

Thanks you guys, help a kid get his priorities straight
I'll assume you're an intelligent kid that just didn't bother with school. Work your *** off the next three years, this doesn't mean not going out, but study every night. It may seem boring but it will help you in the long run. Score well on your sat, don't get a tutor, just buy the 20 dollar book.
__________________
But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. It's really that simple, right?
Smart Parts Player12 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 AM #1079
andrewlax120 (Banned)
 
andrewlax120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: philly 215
andrewlax120 is playing at Living Legends III
andrewlax120 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrewlax120 supports Team VICIOUS
AHHH Stuck on one math problem.... guys whats 6 X 7 = ???????


if i can get the answer before ten am i will paypal 5 bucks
andrewlax120 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:07 PM #1080
nflvikings
It's fizzix.
 
nflvikings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
nflvikings is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronY View Post
**** is so hard for me.

5{-2x+3[2-4(5x+1)]}


All blends together. Ridiculous to do out on paper.
5{-2x+3[2-20x+4]}
5{-2x+6-60x+12}
5{18-62x}

90-310x//

Just start on the far right and keep distributing numbers through.
__________________
Old Feedback
nflvikings is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 PM #1081
tavery1
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Binghamton NY
Have to study for an exam on Friday never had to but its on stuff I haven't used in a long time. Any suggestions to help me retain stuff?
__________________
“Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us.” -Evan Tanner
tavery1 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM #1082
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike
 
Tippmann playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nebraska
start studying earlier next time
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Tippmann playa is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 PM #1083
Boatacious
 
 
Boatacious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lima, Ohio
figured it out nevermind

Last edited by Boatacious : 01-28-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Boatacious is offline  
Old 01-28-2010, 05:11 PM #1084
i*heart*paintball
MistaMeeyagi
 
i*heart*paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: for oh svn
figured it out
__________________
ROLL TIDE

Last edited by i*heart*paintball : 01-28-2010 at 11:23 PM.
i*heart*paintball is offline  
Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM #1085
casultytosociety
BlacMac
 
casultytosociety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
ap chemistry

what would i be getting myself into?
__________________
LOKO
FOR THEM
LOKOS
casultytosociety is offline  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 PM #1086
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike
 
Tippmann playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nebraska
not that bad, never studied and i ended up with an 89 last semester but im sort of a natural at chem anyway
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Tippmann playa is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 02:26 AM #1087
andrewlax120 (Banned)
 
andrewlax120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: philly 215
andrewlax120 is playing at Living Legends III
andrewlax120 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrewlax120 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlax120 View Post
AHHH Stuck on one math problem.... guys whats 6 X 7 = ???????


if i can get the answer before ten am i will paypal 5 bucks
?
andrewlax120 is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 AM #1088
JohnyGfunk
Back then it was chess
 
JohnyGfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere
 has been a member for 10 years
6x7=42
__________________
"I want to eat his children" Mike Tyson

My feedback +24 / -0

BUY MY STUFF: ALL MUST GO
JohnyGfunk is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 PM #1089
Pyrosive
Jacked
 
Pyrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 703
Pyrosive helped look for balloons
No. It's 67
__________________
"Originally posted by rockingtheomen: That little white dude means I can walk, White dudes always set the rules."
Pyrosive is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 03:32 PM #1090
Delta3
Yep
 
Delta3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Displaced Husker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanarmotettet View Post
K i got a physics based question. Its not from my homework but i raised the question in my pnuematics class and the teacher really isnt that smart to begin with and really didnt offer me a very satisfactory answer.
This is what im looking at:


My argument was that if the same force was applied when the vent was closed vs. being open that the pressure resulting in the chamber would be less because of the higher difference in pressures. The chamber by the vent would create a vacuum and would create a larger difference in pressures resulting in less movement in the piston therefore less pressure in the chamber.

My point
loaded pressure - vacuum>loaded pressure - atmosphere pressure

therefore with the same load on the rod the pressure in the guage side chamber will be less with the vent closed.

Am i right? Please explain, any laws/equations would be helpful.

I saw your question yesterday, and I've been rolling it around in my brain since last night. I'm a mechanical engineer, but my job doesn't involve pneumatics, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

My feeling is:
With a closed chamber, the pressure behind the piston will actually decrease since the volume is increasing with piston compression (PV=nRT)...and no more air can be added with the vent closed. With an open chamber, the pressure decrease caused by piston compression will draw more air into the chamber to reach steady-state pressure...which should be atmospheric.

As for the gauge pressure...I'm not sure why you're subtracting the pressure on the other side of the piston. Unless you have negative pressure, the 'empty side' pressure should actually be helping you hold the piston in compression. My feeling is that an 'open' chamber will give you the greatest piston assist because the empty chamber should always be at atmospheric pressure...a closed chamber would have less than atmospheric as the volume of the chamber increases without additional air being added.

There's my thoughts...
__________________
"Seriously though, the House of Representatives is full of insane jack*****."
-Jon Stewart
Delta3 is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 PM #1091
grizboy88
im the asian boy
 
grizboy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: lol,oh
For my english class I have to come up with a topic about gender roles on television and write an analytical paper about it.

I am having trouble formulating a question though. I was thinking to use something along the lines of "Commercials and advertisements depicting the idea of how a real man should be." But I need to turn that into a question. Any ideas?
I used this Old Spice commercial. I later need to find secondary sources.
__________________
old feedback
grizboy88 is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 03:45 PM #1092
Master Bates
ATL
 
Master Bates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 770
Master Bates is playing at Living Legends III
Master Bates owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Master Bates supports Team VICIOUS
Master Bates has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have write a ****ing sonnett........and idk what the heck to do
__________________
Silver 2009 SLG F/S CHEAP
Master Bates is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump