Great for Math, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Finance/Economics: www.KhanAcademy.org
School is rapidly approaching (it may have already started for some of you) and I am trying to be proactive in avoiding 500 threads of "omg liek help with this school work!" There are many intelligent people on here who and are in/graduated from college and can help you with your high school homework. If you have trouble understanding something or just need help, this is the place to ask.
IF YOU POST A HOMEWORK/SCHOOL QUESTION OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD, YOU WILL GET A 3 DAY TEMP BAN!
1. Do not copy your homework verbatim. We are here to help you, not do it for you. For example, if you don't get how to factor a trinomial, ask how to do one or two problems so that you get the general idea, but do not post all 15 you were assigned.
2. Do not answer stuff unless you know what you are talking about. Nobody is going to benifit from misinformation, so if you went to high school but got a "C" in European History, we don't need you to comment on the French Revolution. Generally speaking, unless you got an "A" or "B+" in the subject, you shouldn't try to teach it to others.
3. On the positive side, if you feel you are
strong in a particular subject (and have FINISHED high school) and would not mind helping someone, PM me. I am going to compile a list of people who you can PM for help on certain subjects. UPDATE: I have a pretty good sized list so far, so unless you are good in a subject not listed already, just stick to helping people that post in the thread.
4. When helping someone, don't just give the answer, explain why it is the correct answer. This is especially helpful for math and English.
5. Use common sense.
6. Posting something in this thread that is A.) not a question or B.) not helping anyone will be deleted.
A list of people willing to help via PMs:
The Dread Pirate
Subjects: Stop PM'ing me, I won't answer.
Data Management, Functions and Relations, History, Biology, Canadian Law, Igloo design
Literature, History, Health
Biology (Any Level), Physics, Chemistry (Any level)
Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
European History, Algebra
German, US History
Math (up to calc AB), Physics, English, Health
English, Math, Science
History, Math, German
English, German, French, History (mainly European, US, and military)
Literature, Poetry, all manners of girly writing
Math (Alg 1, Geometry, Alg 2, Precalc, Trig)
Math (Transition, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, Functions, Stats, and Trig, Pre Calc and Discrete Mathematics), Spanish
French, Math, Physics
English, History, Psychology
Econ, Govt, English