PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2015, 02:46 AM #1
Surfer of pavement.
 has been a member for 10 years
Lots of blowback with resurrection

My other cockers don't do this. I have the timing set pretty "open," and the bolt orings are snug in the breech with no visible gap.

Anybody else experienced this? It's causing skipped shots unless I use a forcefeed loader.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 11-05-2015, 04:55 PM #2
Rain likes to raep.
Heaton is playing at Living Legends VI
Heaton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Heaton supports Team VICIOUS
Heaton supports Sherwood Forest
Heaton supports DLX Technology
Is the sled screwed into the pump arm all the way? pump arm screwed to the ram? You can try adjusting your cocking point further back in the pull. Upping the LPR a little may help as well. Other than that, are you under boring your paint too much?

Black/ Red GEO 3
70/45 Ninja tank
Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:10 AM #3
Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a Supporting Member
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
Look down into the breech. Can you see any o-rings? I have seen some guns come from the factory with the sled adjusted too far forwards which means you see an o-ring at the back of the breech. This is BAD, but easily fixed by adjusting the sled back a little.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:26 PM #4
Did you time your gun in proper order? Back block position first etc? Shine a flashlight down the breach and see if you can see light down the barrel. What type of bolt are you using? I have a checkit delrin bolt that causes the exact same symptoms.
Daviesm118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:44 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Originally Posted by Daviesm118 View Post
Did you time your gun in proper order? Back block position first etc?
There is no back block, it's a mid block design.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:35 AM #6
minimag03 is an NCPA player
If all the above fails then the timing needs to be checked. Turn the LPR completely off so there is no air to operate the pneumatics, air up the gun and manually cock it, while holding the bolt/sled forward pull the trigger over a chrono. Record the chrono readings and repeat like 10 times. Then turn the LPR on so the gun will cock itself and take the same amount of shots over the chrono while recording the readings. Average both sets of chrono results; there shouldn't be more than 10fps difference between both sets if the gun is timed correctly (my cockers average less than 5fps difference).
Old Feeback
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote