Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-16-2015, 03:54 PM #1
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

The older cockers get, the less I see builds posted here. Lets change that!

Call me crazy, but the one gun I ever truly regretted selling was my entirely blue eBladed, superbolt. About this time last year I set out to find it and failed. That is how this project began, and I just anodized and timed it last night. I call it my "ultrabolt" because I feel it deserves at least half of the reputation of an ultralite at this point.

uberPHAGE 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2015, 01:37 AM #2
rem450

Nice gun and nicely down. How'd you have the anodize done?
rem450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:38 PM #3
mulletman
Recball Superstar

has been a member for 10 years
How do you like the double trigger slider? I've never used one before
Old 11-01-2015, 06:10 PM #4
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

Thank you!

I actually did the anodize myself. I stripped the original anodize off all the parts. I degreased all the parts after the acid strip, and then bead blasted all the parts with very fine grit aluminum oxide. The color is called "Fast Blue."

The double trigger slider is pretty nice. It is far less resistive on the trigger pull than a hinge frame.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:40 AM #5
Jbad87

Very nice work. Over the decade plus I've been playing the only marker I regret selling is my first cocker. I've owned tons since but I'll always miss the first one.
Jbad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:56 PM #6
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

It sure isn't the BPS build that's on here, but it does fill that hole of regret. I agree completely. I started paintball with autocockers about 7 or 8 years ago, and my first marker was a BNIB superstock. I was 12 at the time and caught the, "I have to overhaul the heck out of this autococker...halfblock..mQ.. ego frame..all of it!" Years wiser and older, I regret not just leaving that gun stock and running a perfectly flawless cocker. As it turns out, some of the best autocockers I have ever shot were all stock. Luckily for me, I found a BNIB superstock this year to fill that regret. The superbolt was my first mech, so now I feel complete again.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:29 AM #7
Jayson3281
DeepM2Water!

Annual Supporting Member
Same here guys! 11 years ago I bought the ANS GX4 brand new as my first Autococker! Dust clear to dust orange fade special order! Crazy accurate and stupid me traded it for a 2k2 Timmy as I got into to speedball.
SNIPER
Jayson3281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:08 PM #8
Zippaye

Cold fusion ive been working on.

still waiting for a pump arm to come in so I can finish it up. May want to swap the reg out for a blue one as well
Zippaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:44 PM #9
dbkid0486

I just think most cocker enthusiasts have found their way to CC. Most beginners find PBnation first.

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:18 AM #10
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

tipp98chopshop helped look for balloons
Got a practically new dye reflex body and from coming. Will post the build if there's interest
tipp98chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:15 PM #11
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

Definitely do! Lets keep up the spirit

That is a sweet cold fusion.

Also, dbkid, you are right. That said, about 5 years ago this place had high traffic all the time!

Just finished the anodize this morning on this one!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:16 PM #12
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Got most of the parts together to complete my build. Photos will be posted in about a week
Old 12-31-2015, 04:06 PM #13
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

Where is the build
Old 01-01-2016, 03:23 PM #14
Lazzrus

Mock up thats headed out for ano

Lazzrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:38 PM #15
tacxplosion

My current project:

Currently missing:
detent
a decent cup seal
jam nut
bolt pin and retainer (though I'm probably just going to get a delrin bolt and a plunger & ball lock pin)
banjo (to be transplanted from my '05 black magic along with the LPR as soon as my systemX front block kit comes in)
a ram
a decent ASA
a decent slide frame

I'll probably mod a dust red karni front block, seal the VASA holes, drill the back block through for a traditional cocking rod and possibly get a DCL wave trigger for the SF frame and get it recessed for e-blade buttons. And there's plenty of meat left for cosmetic milling, then a good polishing job and off to anodize, I'll probably have 2 or 3 markers anodized at once to make it worth my while.

That's the plan, it may take years for it all to happen though.

Last edited by tacxplosion : 01-02-2016 at 11:05 AM.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:39 PM #16
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Still need an oring or 2 and some grease and it's ready to be timed. Too bad my tank is out of hydro!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:56 PM #17
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

Lazzrus:
What kind of body is that?

tac:
Superstock projects are sweet. The SF frame is super comfortable. You should definitely get the ego button mod done. I have a completely stock superstock I found and had the button mod done. In my opinion, it is the most comfortable of eblade compatible frames. What are you thinking on the anno?

tipp98:
That turned out very nice. You have the nicest reflex project I have seen. I also like that you kept to your traditional blue/black color scheme.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:30 PM #18
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Thank you very much! Thinkin about getting a new regulator, new style dye reg or another 2 liter.

Thinkin about getting black sticky 3s to replace the blue
Old 01-06-2016, 03:36 PM #19
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberPHAGE 2 View Post
tac:
Superstock projects are sweet. The SF frame is super comfortable. You should definitely get the ego button mod done. I have a completely stock superstock I found and had the button mod done. In my opinion, it is the most comfortable of eblade compatible frames. What are you thinking on the anno?
I wouldn't get the button mod done. It's already drilled, but I still need to recess the frame so I can actually get to the buttons. It is the most comfortable of the e-blade compatible frames (although a bit more room in the trigger guard would be nice), but the grips are too wide for my hands (I have child sized hands, even size small empire gloves are a bit too large for me). I'll see if I can make some grips by molding silicone over acrylic (or just plain sculpting acrylic, worked well enough with my FEP Quest).

As for cosmetics, IF I have it milled (filed down with guidance from a friend who's a jeweler, already have a decent set of small hand files and a dremel for details and the final polish), I'm thinking I'll round it out and sculpt some scales running front to back like a karni, but going all the way down to the bottom tube (think karni meets ripper) and then have it ano'd either gloss black and yellow like a wasp or metallic green like a dragon fly, with the frame/s (SF and slider) and pneus ano'd to match.

Last edited by tacxplosion : 01-06-2016 at 10:51 PM.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:35 PM #20
TheSentry

Hopefully I get something noteworthy in the coming months... We shall see though
TheSentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:14 PM #21
Lazzrus

Mine is a warped sports dark body.
Lazzrus is offline   Reply With Quote