Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-16-2015, 06:48 PM #1
ekkthree

freak barrel crimping the front air lines

i have a trilogy pro with the two stock backs, .687 and i think the other is a .693 or something. anyway, i'm told i need to underbore more so i'll be trying my freak barrel with the .684 insert. curiously, when i screw in the freak barrel to the cocker, the freak back pushes on the smaller air lines up front a bit. there's one in particular that goes over the top of that front block thing. it doesn't fully compress it but it does push it oblong - ish. i don't know what each of those lines does so will this setup work when playing or am i going to experience any drop off? slower cocking? nothing? etc?

fwiw, i'd try it in my backyard, but i have to be really careful about this since i'm in the city. rapid firing back there is out of the question so i can't just test it out.

the freak back i have:

ekkthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2015, 10:47 PM #2
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Flip the bolt over, and test it without paint. It will be a lot quieter.
Most likely, it won't be a problem. Worst case, you can re-route the hoses under the LPR (the big thing in the center) by turning the ram to point the barbs down. You'd have to adjust the pump arm length most likely, but that shouldn't be a huge issue.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:54 PM #3
ekkthree

Interesting. Where's the air go?
Old 06-17-2015, 12:07 AM #4
tacxplosion

Mostly nowhere, since it has to travel around the bolt to get to the bolt's air transfer port. As long as the hose is not kinked at a sharp angle, you should be fine.
tacxplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:50 AM #5
ekkthree

That makes sense. I was envisioning all that pressure railing against the o rings.