PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2014, 03:30 PM #1
kmalone43
Dye FTW

kmalone43 plays in the APPA beginner division
God is Punishing Me - Macroline Burst

Played in my first tournament today and 2 minutes before the first game, my macroline burst on my DM 12 while filling up my 50/4500. Never seen that happen before but I slap a new Macro on and proceed to play the whole tournament.

The rest of this no exaggeration...
My team finds ourselves in the our final tiebreaker game, winner moves onto the tournament bracket, loser goes home. It goes through and comes down a 1 v 1, me vs. the bad guy and as soon as we start to battle it out, my freaking macroline bursts again. Game over. I drop my head in shame as the other guy goes to hang the flag and move onto the finals bracket and hear whispers from the stands, "That's where a DM will get you".
Before I take this gun, light it on fire, run it over with a tank, strap a C4 explosive to, and blow it into outer space. Does anyone have a slightest clue what could have caused this?

The tank is a little older (re-hydro'd 2 months ago) 50ci, 4500 Pure Energy. It was a black macroline. Not sure on the exacts but the lpr is below 3 turns, the dwell is a little higher than the stock 21 and I was shooting about 285fps. It was a relatively warm day at about 80 degrees.

Last edited by kmalone43 : 05-31-2014 at 03:49 PM.
kmalone43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2014, 03:42 PM #2
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Razgriz2006 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dude how can that be the guns fault?!?!

the air is not regulated until it gets PAST the hyper 3 regulator.

1. You've got some cheap macroline from lowes/home depot.

2. The tank regulator is spiking and the macro gave way.

the ASA physically could not have caused that.
Razgriz2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:48 PM #3
Graebner
Matrix Freak!

Graebner plays in the APPA D4 division
True story! Your tank holds gas at 4500psi, but it has a regulator as well so the pressurein the macro line is around 500-800psi (depending on gun and tank of course) DM like above 500psi into the reg and about 800 is avg tank out there.... It's the regulator on your tank and that mixed with low quality macro lines boom u have ur said issue... Take this advice get a tank reg from Ninja or gurrila air... Good regs there... I use them.... And issue is solved... Remember tanks like everything else do go bad... Get it hydro tested or just buy a whole new tank.... My suggestions ..

And if u want to destroy that beauty called a Dye Matrix... I'll take it lol

Last edited by Graebner : 05-31-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Graebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:48 PM #4
kmalone43
Dye FTW

Well that was my thought, I've just experienced about every other imaginable issue with this gun and I'm still heated from the tourn. That makes logical sense but wasn't for sure. It was two separate macro lines, one that came with the gun and one that the field sold and installed 30 seconds before the first match. So I should be turning my anger solely towards the tank/ regulator?
Old 05-31-2014, 03:54 PM #5
Graebner
Matrix Freak!

Anger no.... Lol take it apart and clean if (if u don't know what ur doing this can be slightly dangerous... It's a regulator like the one in the hyper3.... Shims piston the whole sabang... I'd suggest (cheapest route) buy a reg ninja sells a 4500psi one for under 50 about 50-55 shipped from ansgear
Old 05-31-2014, 04:01 PM #6
kmalone43
Dye FTW

I had actually taken the whole reg apart when I bought it, cleaned it, lubed it (no oil of course), and played with it with no issues for 2-3 months. However, there was a slight leak out of the top pin and I replaced the o-ring after the last time I played. Creating that proper seal in the tank seems to have been just enough to put this thing over the edge.

Last edited by kmalone43 : 05-31-2014 at 04:03 PM.
kmalone43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:05 PM #7
Graebner
Matrix Freak!

Might have stacked shimms wrong?
Old 05-31-2014, 04:14 PM #8
kmalone43
Dye FTW

Very possible I guess. Thought it was fairly straight forward when I was rebuilding. I'll start here. Thanks for the info everyone. Sorry for the unnecessary knock on the DM (this time).
Old 05-31-2014, 04:53 PM #9
Graebner
Matrix Freak!

I'm a huge matrix fan.... Lol
Old 05-31-2014, 08:18 PM #10
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
You have very thin cheap microline it will keep busting as wither your reg or tank is creeping.

You need to get new thicker diameter

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:54 PM #11
otb

otb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
otb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
otb supports DLX Technology
funny, exact same thing happened to my dm12, same exact spot too. I picked up macroline from my shop and right away I was like that is oddly thin. Then mid day of playing BOOM, get the thick stuff
otb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:02 PM #12
kmalone43
Dye FTW

Ok so if i get a thicker macro, is there ever a point that i should be worried that this high pressure could be damaging the hpr? I'm kind of debating tossing the tank.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:45 PM #13
Graebner
Matrix Freak!

No really the hpr is able to handle anything from 500psi min to about 800psi industry standard....
Old 06-02-2014, 11:20 AM #14
MaxDevastation

MaxDevastation donated to help Peyton Trent
MaxDevastation supports our troops
Most likely it is a cheap macroline problem.
However, just to make sure your reg is not the culprit, you need to put a pressure gauge on it to see whats happening. Look for pressure fluctuations. It could be over-pressurizing from where ever it's set pressure is. Either 500 or so if it has a low pressure kit in it to 800 or so if it is a high pressure output reg. If it is over pressurizing then it is either a dirty or has a damaged piston seat. (Assuming all the parts are there in the first place) A severe case of this problem will cause the low pressure burst disk to go on the tank reg.

Last edited by MaxDevastation : 06-03-2014 at 11:48 AM.
MaxDevastation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 AM #15
AHFellows
no stupid question? haha!

Annual Supporting Member
AHFellows is BST Trusted
AHFellows is playing at Living Legends VII
AHFellows owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AHFellows has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
AHFellows supports Empire
Cheap Macro from the sound of it.
or tank man, **** like this happens unfortunately, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Reg may, rebuild the reg or clean it to be save and if you have a gauge to test the tank reg might be worth a shot too. But make sure the line your replace it with is thick and not very thin. But as I think someone else posted that's the whole point of the Hyper is drop the pressure for the marker, anything before that is all done by the tanks reg and any factor is left up to anything weak between it. good luck !

KCCO
AHFellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:27 AM #16
Luxe4life
Dye Expert

Luxe4life owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luxe4life owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luxe4life plays in the APPA D4 division
Luxe4life supports DLX Technology
I recommend swapping the tank regulator for a ninja tank and removing some shims to lower the pressure to about 450-500 psi. Gun will work fine. Buy quality macro line also

The reg could be "overcharging?" If that's the word.. Clean the reg and put new orings and small coats of lube on it.
Luxe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:49 PM #17
ionbrother

Maybe God just doesn't like Choctaw chaos? Haha jk man I was in the pit when it happened, hated to see it end like that for you...

MacDev Militia
ionbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:41 PM #18
kmalone43
Dye FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionbrother View Post
Maybe God just doesn't like Choctaw chaos? Haha jk man I was in the pit when it happened, hated to see it end like that for you...
Haha it was so incredibly disappointing... Oh well.

I took the reg apart, replaced the 2 ORings on the piston which were in bad shape and check the shim stack which was OK. Lubed it with some Dow Gr33se and put it all back together. Hopefully this does the trick but I'll find out this weekend.

Oh and I contacted Empire for a manual on the tank reg and they pointed me here http://www.piranha-evil.com/. Cheap parts for some older empire/ pure energy products.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 PM #19
ionbrother

If it causes it again I'd send it back to them and get them to fix it!

MacDev Militia
ionbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:52 AM #20
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmalone43 View Post
Haha it was so incredibly disappointing... Oh well.

I took the reg apart, replaced the 2 ORings on the piston which were in bad shape and check the shim stack which was OK. Lubed it with some Dow Gr33se and put it all back together. Hopefully this does the trick but I'll find out this weekend.

Oh and I contacted Empire for a manual on the tank reg and they pointed me here http://www.piranha-evil.com/. Cheap parts for some older empire/ pure energy products.
Hate to tell ya, but the two orings usually just cause a leak from the bonnet when bad. We Have 50+ PE regs on our rentals for 6+ years and usually the pressure will creap if the seat at the bottom of the piston or face of the seat for the reg body itself is damaged. once they start blowing the 1500psi burst disc they require replacing the piston (to have a new reg seat).

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
smasher41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 PM #21
michael_mnm

michael_mnm is playing at Living Legends VII
michael_mnm owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
michael_mnm plays in the APPA beginner division
michael_mnm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dude its pure energy. i have the same tank and i replace macroline on every gun i screw the tank into. replace the reg with a ninja and take a shim or two out. and thats how you save money on macroline kids
michael_mnm is offline   Reply With Quote