PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM #1
thepints138
Dj Dodd

48 Hour Film Competition

Howdy folks! It's been a while since I hit up the good 'ol PBN. I come back after a few year hiatus to shamelessly plug my movie in a 48 HOUR FILM COMPETITION!

15 teams were given a random genre of movie, and only 48 hours to write, shoot, edit, and burn a 6 minute movie. Pretty daunting tasking. Our team, Eiffel Tower Productions, were given ACTION MOVIE. And action movie we did. We can earn the title of Peoples' Choice if we get enough votes + views on youtube. Please check out our link (below) and give us a good 5 star rating, even if there are some problems with it.

ACTION MOVIE: FUGITIVE ON THE EARTH

Heck give it whatever you want, just trying to spread the word on our film. We are just a group of high school seniors trying to get ahead before we apply to film school. Feel free to post your opinions folks!
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM #2
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
pretty good, I watched it twice so I could give you some notes on it (I assume you are a film studies major? I am as well)

The shot around the 1:40 mark where it switches into a POV shot as he looks around the room nervously kinda bothered me though, because you assume its a POV shot since it is panning like his head, then in the same shot the camera pans all the way around to him which makes it not a POV shot... that probably should have been split up into 2 shots

slight continuity error at the beginning. When he is driving the car, his face does not appear bloody, especially the visable forehead. In the next shot at the house he has blood on that side of his forehead. It's not major though

When she says "Take me" after being punched, maybe some kind of fade or something to show time has passed, a transition of some sort

The framing of Kane on the cellphone is excellent

At around the 4:00 mark the 180* rule may or may not be broken, wasn't 100% sure on that, but it was broken at 4:52 when he runs on the dock, you are on the left side of him behind him when he is running, and it cuts to a shot a little to the left in front of him. Then it cuts to the guy in underwear, and then you are a little to the right of Kane, so the 180* rule is broken again. However, that last cut did benefit the 30* rule, so it wasn't necessarily suffering. ~~~I think most of these are hidden by fast cutting, and don't really affect it visually too much

Very good handheld shot of Kane looking over the balcony

very well put together overall, great job
FREE GOLD UPS!
gzinthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:02 PM #3
thepints138
Dj Dodd

Thanks dude. Actually we are seniors in high school, our main director Kasey Hettig-Rolfe owns a Canon xha1, as well as our DP. We tried our best to edit out those errors but we didnt get enough coverage in the alotted time.

I appreciate all the criticism, it is definately stuff we have to look for in our next project! Thanks for voting too my friend.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM #4
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepints138 View Post
Thanks dude. Actually we are seniors in high school, our main director Kasey Hettig-Rolfe owns a Canon xha1, as well as our DP. We tried our best to edit out those errors but we didnt get enough coverage in the alotted time.

I appreciate all the criticism, it is definately stuff we have to look for in our next project! Thanks for voting too my friend.
in that case, I'm VERY impressed

hopefully the 180 and 30 degree rule stuff makes sense to you

awesome job
FREE GOLD UPS!
gzinthehood is offline   Reply With Quote