PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 AM #1
p8ntball_is_life89

p8ntball_is_life89 is a Supporting Member
Someone explain this to me....

So this last sunday Im just lounging around the house and I get this phone call. I look at it and it says its my friend Amanda. I think to myself "Well that cant be right, she went to BCT a couple weeks ago" SO I go ahead answering thinkin it might be her parents or something.

NO OF COURSE NOT!! It was her. Just calling to say Hi and tell me how basic training is going.

Ok so here is my question. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO BCT? I went through about a year ago at Fort Knox and I am pretty convinced that if we even thought about our cell phones we were going to get smoked.
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 AM #2
TWEAKd

http://www.1-800-go-guard.com/forums...ad.php?t=11464

there was an article on military.com too but i couldn't find it
TWEAKd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM #3
p8ntball_is_life89

p8ntball_is_life89 is a Supporting Member
I dont know it could be just me but I find it ridiculous! I guess I was just used to the work my *** off all day maybe get 5 hours of sleep if we weren't getting smoked at 2 in the morning good old basic training.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM #4
TWEAKd

and if you ask the guy who was at basic the year before you he will say your basic was too easy lol but im ok with the whole cell phone thing, im goin to jackson in 2 weeks.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 PM #5
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEAKd View Post
and if you ask the guy who was at basic the year before you he will say your basic was too easy lol but im ok with the whole cell phone thing, im goin to jackson in 2 weeks.
enjoy day camp!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:49 PM #6
underdog_153

that is stupid as ****. part of the training is to teach you to let go of the life you had before, how can you do that if your calling in bootcamp
Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM #7
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog_153 View Post
that is stupid as ****. part of the training is to teach you to let go of the life you had before, how can you do that if your calling in bootcamp
for real, i remember at Knox about 9-10 years ago that a couple of buddies of mine got to miss family day cause they were caught using the PAYPHONE.....IMO letters should be the only thing allowed to communicate with family and friends back home from basic. letter writing is a lost art form.....
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM #8
TWEAKd

is using a cell phones once a week instead of a pay phone that big of a deal to you? honestly if you were in basic and cell phones were available like they are now you would refuse it so you can "let go of the life you had before"? your making a big deal because its something you didn't have, but in reality we are getting the same training you had 10 years ago.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:51 PM #9
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
is using a cell phones once a week instead of a pay phone that big of a deal to you? honestly if you were in basic and cell phones were available like they are now you would refuse it so you can "let go of the life you had before"? your making a big deal because its something you didn't have, but in reality we are getting the same training you had 10 years ago.
look i didn't call home in basic, it wouldn't have mattered if i had a cell, pay, or sat phone, i wouldn't have called home because we weren't allowed to. for the record, NO the training and structure are TOTALLY different now than 10 years ago.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM #10
Aero$mitty
Ef. Em. El.

Quote:
I had 3 phone calls in basic training. One when I got there, one on September 11th (but only because my cousin worked in the Pentagon), and one at the end. But that was a Knox.

That said, it's ALWAYS been known that Benning and Knox are much "harder" than Jackson, Sill or Leonard Wood.

Don't argue this with me and make me pull out my timeout card
When in after times I died.
PSN: BLUNT_TRAUMA_117
Aero$mitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM #11
The_Hawk
There Is No Society

The_Hawk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The_Hawk is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Hell, for New Cadet Week at Virginia Tech, we weren't allowed to have our cell phones. I guess that means New Cadet Week is much harder than Basic. :supermegahumongous:
Let's jam

"Originally posted by pok3ypuppy: LOL SOMEBODY SHOULD SIG THIS."
The_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 PM #12
TWEAKd

im sorry but i dont believe its that much different depending on where your basic is, it makes no sense to me. iv heard that its harder at knox but why? what do you do there thats not done anywhere else?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM #13
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
im sorry but i dont believe its that much different depending on where your basic is, it makes no sense to me. iv heard that its harder at knox but why? what do you do there thats not done anywhere else?
because it's packed full of penis, with the only women being the overweight toothless lunch ladies

drills will be A LOT different with all males with no females within ear shot, than a basic with females all around.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:35 PM #14
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
I think if the cell phone use is implemented on a limited basis, it is not necessarily a bad thing. At a certain phase in training when the recruits have 'earned' the privilege, they are already allowed to make quick 5-10 minute phone calls to family/close friends on a sunday. Why not just let the recruits use their own phones to make these calls in the interest of saving everyone money on phone cards and not making 100 recruits stand in line to use 5 payphones? Keep in mind that the idea behind having the recruits call home isn't so much for them as it is to make their loved ones back home feel better about their decision to join the military.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM #15
TWEAKd

are the drills and what you learn the same? i would think it would be harder to be around the females and not get caught fraternizing with them. what about leanard woods weather? it can be snow in the mourning and >60* by the end of the day this time of year. i believe it might be more stressful at knox or benning because drill sgts are different everywhere, but i wouldn't use the term "harder".
Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM #16
Wilson1
Kramerica Industries

Hell, I've heard from kids I know who are in the National Guard that they've seen people fraternizing with and ****ing the opposite sex in their experiences at Ft. Leonard Wood. Possible exaggeration, but whatever that's what they said. I haven't been to basic, but it seems it is going to be a TOTALLY different experience going to basic at Leonard Wood, as opposed to going to Benning.
Wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM #17
turdfurgason
You stay classy....

Quote:
are the drills and what you learn the same? i would think it would be harder to be around the females and not get caught fraternizing with them. what about leanard woods weather? it can be snow in the mourning and >60* by the end of the day this time of year. i believe it might be more stressful at knox or benning because drill sgts are different everywhere, but i wouldn't use the term "harder".
the drills are not the same!!! we are talking about pre 9-11/ pre-ACU's basic the whole damn thing was retooled following the Iraq invasion.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:34 PM #18
Aero$mitty
Ef. Em. El.

Not the same. Easiest way to tell is when you listen to stories from people who went to say, jackson, and they don't jive with your basic.

Also, benning runs infantry training, and knox runs cav scout and tanker training. Obviously it's going to be harder with rangers and green berets running your **** than with vehicle mechanic and admin drill sergeants.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 PM #19
Aero$mitty
Ef. Em. El.

Oh and that whole time out card thing they have at Jackson, that says enough right there.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM #20
udflyer (Banned)
kByram

i thought the time out card was a joke and someone forgot a dodgy
udflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM #21
Aero$mitty
Ef. Em. El.

yeah, it wasnt a joke