Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM #64
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I don't know anyone that can outlift me. I have seen them in the gym, but I don't know them.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2008, 10:21 PM #65
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I don't know anyone that can outlift me. I have seen them in the gym, but I don't know them.
now you're just being difficult
Old 10-07-2008, 10:22 PM #66
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undirected View Post
No, you're making yourself look like a god damned fool, but that's no skin off my back.
Youre a pimp in your own damn mind. Saying something doesnt make it true.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 PM #67
Insperation
Agro Cragg

Make sure you eat god fats instead of bad fats. Partially Hydrogenated soybean oils are the worst thing you could probably eat that is still though by some to be edible. Trans fats is what you stay away from.

**** six packs, i need help on my eight pack. I just need to work on my lower abs to really complete it.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 PM #68
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

Quote:
Same. Seems a relatively small chunk of the population takes exercise real seriously. I see kids in there that should be lifting more than me. They're bigger than I am, but they're doing sets with a plate. It's taught me that size doesn't always equal strength.

I think of myself as relatively weak when compared to the weightlifting community, there's a handful of regulars stronger than I am, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm a monster compared to the general populace.

Oh, and as for the subject at hand with the drinking/smoking, I'm not super against either. I don't generally partake though. My training rules my life and I rarely drink more than once every other month maybe. And with pot, I'm ok with it provided the use is limited. If you're toking in the gym then you're wasting your time, but if it's like a once in awhile thing I'm ok with it. Hell, even the governator was a fan in his prime. Once again though, it's personally not my thing.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 PM #69
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

his prime was like the 60s though, I mean who wasn't a fan back then?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 PM #70
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
his prime was like the 60s though, I mean who wasn't a fan back then?
I think you'd be very surprised if you compared the number of people who smoked in the 60's to the number of people who smoke today.

Obviously that graph doesn't reference daily smokers, only new users, but the trend is almost identical in both cases. It blew up in the 60's, got even bigger in the 70's, tapered off in the 80's when coke hit the scene, and has been on the rise ever since.

Quote:
In 2003, more than 25 million persons (10.6 percent) aged 12 or older reported past year use of marijuana. An estimated 3.1 million persons (1.3 percent of the population and 12.2 percent of past year marijuana users) were daily marijuana users (i.e., they used marijuana on 300 or more days in the past 12 months).
source: http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k4/dailyMJ/dailyMJ.htm
Old 10-07-2008, 11:00 PM #71
undirected (Banned)

But once again, this has nothing to do with the original topic, so why don't we just migrate back to that and pick up where we left off?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:01 PM #72
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

looks like it declines in 99 to me. Either way, the masses are *****. Just because someone else is stupid enough to do something doesn't mean I am going to follow suit.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 PM #73
undirected (Banned)

It's cyclical...that's the nature of the beast. It references only new users, so for a given generation there will eventually be a cut-off point in which the majority of people from that generation will have already tried it, and then it will start over . With the current generation, if you look at the numbers, marijuana use is higher than it has ever been.

But you're right, just because a **** ton of people do it doesn't make it a good thing to do...and likewise, just because a lot of people are irresponsible and stupid with it doesn't mean that everybody who uses it is the same way
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 PM #74
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Wait, you mean numbers are rising as the population is growing? That...that just doesnt make sense. Good thing we can accuratly gauge the participation in illegal drug usage.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 PM #75
He's Ebeneezer Goode

People toke at the age of 12? I never even saw the **** till I hit high school.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:08 PM #76
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Wait, you mean numbers are rising as the population is growing? That...that just doesnt make sense. Good thing we can accuratly gauge the participation in illegal drug usage.
No dice, the important element to consider is the percentage of users in a given population, not the number, as the latter is a variable dependent on population like you stated. Since 1965 the percentage of 18-25 marijuana users rose very quickly, then dipped, and is now rising again.

But once again, why the **** are we arguing about this? It has nothing to do with the thread.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 PM #77
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Because you posted it? And think marijuana and alcohol doesnt impact your training?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:22 PM #78
generaltsao_phorear (Banned)

what the **** are you whores blabbering about? this is about how to get a six pack, not how to drink a six pack and smoke a blunt.

small amounts of alcohol consumption or smoking a little weed isn't going to make or break you.

and thread starter, if you had a six pack before the surgery.. continue to do the things you were doing
Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 PM #79
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Because you posted it? And think marijuana and alcohol doesnt impact your training?
Oh, I brought up the topic of pot? please direct me to that post, it looks like my version of PBN must have deleted it for some reason

But you're right, I definitely have EXPLICITLY STATED that I don't think marijuana or alcohol impact training in any way. Like, for example, in these posts:

Quote:
if you want to get technical beer (or alcohol in general) can be either good, bad, or neutral for lifting goals specifically depending on the person's biochemistry

Pot, however, is arguably safer (and carries virtually no risk if consumed orally), is not physically addictive, and does not dehydrate you or cause a hangover the next day. That said, I don't like to smoke a lot of pot really close to when I hit the sack the night before lifting because I just feel lazy in the morning instead of motivated.

Quote:
Once again, alcohol is not necessarily bad in ALL cases for every person, and it depends a lot on not only the individual, but also how often and how much is consumed, etc.

I will go so far as to say that occasionally and responsibly smoking pot is not going to affect your lifting negatively in any way assuming that you don't smoke pot the day that you plan to lift or get high and eat a bunch of cheetos and ****. Smoking daily can and surely does affect lifting.
Or in this post, where I state the qualifier for my entire argument - "UNLESS IT INTERFERES WITH YOUR MOTIVATION FOR STAYING HEALTHY" - in regards to pot.

Quote:
I think that you're in a mindframe of thinking that the harder you make something the more rewarding it is. That might be true in some cases, but honestly, here's the deal - unless you are a very serious competition bodybuilder, chances are you are doing something in your everyday life that has a negative affect on your lifting and don't even realize it. As I mentioned, I drink a really good beer every other night or so, sometimes every night, but I keep it to ONE beer and I don't sacrifice my other nutrition for the beer. I do that because I really enjoy it and it's a hobby of mine. There's really nothing wrong with that unless it interferes with your motivation for staying healthy, at which point you have to make the choice of whether it is worth it to continue doing it or not.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 PM #80
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

I stay away from alcohol simply because of its lack of any real nutritional value. It's almost as calorie dense per gram as fat and is almost useless. I don't even eat based on what I'm hungry for anymore. I look at the time, realize I need food, then I arrange a meal based on what my body is getting out of it.

Though some studies suggest alcohol in very small amounts on a regular basis can have some health benefits. But I'm not the type to sit around sipping wine so it just isn't happening. I'm better off avoiding it completely.

Marijuana is another complicated subject. Some studies point to it having a correlation with raised estrogen in high doses. Others say that those findings are completely false. For me, my training is too important to risk it. Maybe some day if more conclusive studies were conducted I'd think differently.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 PM #81
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Oh, I brought up the topic of pot? please direct me to that post, it looks like my version of PBN must have deleted it for some reason

But you're right, I definitely have EXPLICITLY STATED that I don't think marijuana or alcohol impact training in any way. Like, for example, in these posts:

Or in this post, where I state the qualifier for my entire argument - "UNLESS IT INTERFERES WITH YOUR MOTIVATION FOR STAYING HEALTHY" - in regards to pot.
You ***** about how we are still talking about this topic and yet, youre still talking about it. If you really wanted to move on, why keep posting on the subject.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post52186878

You dont get it do you. We arent talking motivation. We are talking slowed growth rates and decimating your testosterone levels. Its not impossible to recover quickly from but if you dont actively take steps to not only avoid it but get yourself back to where you were sober, it will impact your results.

Youre like the damn Valo of ST:Fitness. You and the people with you. I dont see where you get off thinking youre a valueable asset here. Cute thread in the TTM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 PM #82
undirected (Banned)

Well hell, if I'm Tyler_Valo, you must be Art in all his sub-40 handling glory.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:57 PM #83
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Well hell, if I'm Tyler_Valo, you must be Art in all his sub-40 handling glory.
By being Valo, I meant acting like him. And you are, outright. And the people argueing with you.

Last edited by _V_ : 10-07-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 PM #84
Mmmmm..Viking (Banned)
egocentric

Just to stir the pot...

A small serving of alcohol post workout, has been shown to be surprisingly beneficial.
Closed Thread