element34575 is playing at Living Legends III
element34575 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
element34575 supports Team VICIOUS
element34575 is for the Gunfight
Relevant to my interest as well...
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM #45
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

I thought it was just generally accepted weed and alcohol suck for all things fitness related.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 PM #46
He's Ebeneezer Goode

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
I thought it was just generally accepted weed and alcohol suck for all things fitness related.
People can believe in something despite how bad it is for their goals if they are in love with the stuff.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 PM #47
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Once again, alcohol is not necessarily bad in ALL cases for every person, and it depends a lot on not only the individual, but also how often and how much is consumed, etc.

I will go so far as to say that occasionally and responsibly smoking pot is not going to affect your lifting negatively in any way assuming that you don't smoke pot the day that you plan to lift or get high and eat a bunch of cheetos and ****. Smoking daily can and surely does affect lifting.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 PM #48
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-M-P-I-R-E View Post
you make it sound like the doctors removed your abdominal muscles?
when i went in the hospital cause i busted my kidney, i lost my six pack too, so i feel for you OP.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:43 PM #49
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undirected View Post
Once again, alcohol is not necessarily bad in ALL cases for every person, and it depends a lot on not only the individual, but also how often and how much is consumed, etc.

I will go so far as to say that occasionally and responsibly smoking pot is not going to affect your lifting negatively in any way assuming that you don't smoke pot the day that you plan to lift or get high and eat a bunch of cheetos and ****. Smoking daily can and surely does affect lifting.
So youre stance is, "Its not bad." or "Its not THAT bad."? Either way, Ill disagree but I split hairs. Every little bit helps etc. If you just lift sorta hard and eat a little extra, I dont see it hurting much but if you actually care, I would say that its way in your past. I mean there are exceptions. I guess I just partied all through high school and was just kinda like eh when I go to college.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM #50
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by element34575 View Post
We're not even getting into this drug discussion... empire is a chauvinistic idiot period....it isn't news... back on topic...
well to call somebody chauvinistic you first have to define what group they belong to that is different than a group you belong to. So if you are implying non-smoker is his group and smoker is your group, there were much more effective words you could have used in the situation. "Bias", "ignorant", "elitist" all probably would have been more effective word-choice.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 PM #51
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
So youre stance is, "Its not bad." or "Its not THAT bad."? Either way, Ill disagree but I split hairs. Every little bit helps etc. If you just lift sorta hard and eat a little extra, I dont see it hurting much but if you actually care, I would say that its way in your past. I mean there are exceptions. I guess I just partied all through high school and was just kinda like eh when I go to college.
I think that you're in a mindframe of thinking that the harder you make something the more rewarding it is. That might be true in some cases, but honestly, here's the deal - unless you are a very serious competition bodybuilder, chances are you are doing something in your everyday life that has a negative affect on your lifting and don't even realize it. As I mentioned, I drink a really good beer every other night or so, sometimes every night, but I keep it to ONE beer and I don't sacrifice my other nutrition for the beer. I do that because I really enjoy it and it's a hobby of mine. There's really nothing wrong with that unless it interferes with your motivation for staying healthy, at which point you have to make the choice of whether it is worth it to continue doing it or not.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM #52
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
well to call somebody chauvinistic you first have to define what group they belong to that is different than a group you belong to. So if you are implying non-smoker is his group and smoker is your group, there were much more effective words you could have used in the situation. "Bias", "ignorant", "elitist" all probably would have been more effective word-choice.
lol

I like you
Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 PM #53
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
I think that you're in a mindframe of thinking that the harder you make something the more rewarding it is. That might be true in some cases, but honestly, here's the deal - unless you are a very serious competition bodybuilder, chances are you are doing something in your everyday life that has a negative affect on your lifting and don't even realize it. As I mentioned, I drink a really good beer every other night or so, sometimes every night, but I keep it to ONE beer and I don't sacrifice my other nutrition for the beer. I do that because I really enjoy it and it's a hobby of mine. There's really nothing wrong with that unless it interferes with your motivation for staying healthy, at which point you have to make the choice of whether it is worth it to continue doing it or not.
I dont think you should assume we train on the same level or that you know me. I dont take pleasure in the harder something is, the more I like it. Fantasize on. I believe in holding yourself to a higher standard and when everyone else takes a day off, you work extra hard. Thats how winning is done and I apply that philosophy to things that matter to me. Im not saying Im year around sober but its not acceptable to training if you care. Just because its common, easy, minor whatever doesnt make it any better.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 PM #54
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
I dont think you should assume we train on the same level or that you know me. I dont take pleasure in the harder something is, the more I like it. Fantasize on. I believe in holding yourself to a higher standard and when everyone else takes a day off, you work extra hard. Thats how winning is done and I apply that philosophy to things that matter to me. Im not saying Im year around sober but its not acceptable to training if you care. Just because its common, easy, minor whatever doesnt make it any better.
You're right, I'm sure we aren't anything alike...positive in fact, thank god.

Point is, what you consider to be important is not universally important to the same degree to everyone else. Period. Not everyone who lifts weights, and not even everyone who bodybuilds, abstains from drinking. I know people who on Fridays and Saturdays have 10-15 or more drinks at a club or a bar and are ABSOLUTELY bigger and stronger than you or anybody else on this sub forum, and that's a fact. There is no be-all end-all to weight training, just like everything else in life.

edit- nevermind the fact that you just went into great detail to explain why what I said is CORRECT

you're a trip dude

Last edited by undirected : 10-07-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM #55
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
If I am going to spend time doing something, might as well do it to the best of my ability.

Weed FTL.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM #56
undirected (Banned)

How did we end up talking about weed in a thread about six packs anyways?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM #57
He's Ebeneezer Goode

I think the real problem with weed and six pack building is the mad munchies you get, and the massive bag of cheetos you'll pack down.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM #58
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Because you had to run your mouth and be a girl, talking about things you dont know?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM #59
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
You're right, I'm sure we aren't anything alike...positive in fact, thank god.

Point is, what you consider to be important is not universally important to the same degree to everyone else. Period. Not everyone who lifts weights, and not even everyone who bodybuilds, abstains from drinking. I know people who on Fridays and Saturdays have 10-15 or more drinks at a club or a bar and are ABSOLUTELY bigger and stronger than you or anybody else on this sub forum, and that's a fact. There is no be-all end-all to weight training, just like everything else in life.

edit- nevermind the fact that you just went into great detail to explain why what I said is CORRECT

you're a trip dude
meh. Everyone knows some people who know some people who could beat them over the internet.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM #60
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Because you had to run your mouth and be a girl, talking about things you dont know?
lol...dude, get over yourself, honestly...stop being so hostile in every response, stop trying to take over a sub-forum that you have no tangible power in whatsoever, stop trying to make everybody your ***** on an internet forum. It's pathetic and it's ruining the posting experience for everybody else.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 PM #61
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
meh. Everyone knows some people who know some people who could beat them over the internet.
fair enough, but I bet if you really thought about it YOU could think of people you know that can outlift you and drink alcohol at least semi-regularly (i.e. on weekends, bi-monthly, etc)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:19 PM #62
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
lol...dude, get over yourself, honestly...stop being so hostile in every response, stop trying to take over a sub-forum that you have no tangible power in whatsoever, stop trying to make everybody your ***** on an internet forum. It's pathetic and it's ruining the posting experience for everybody else.
Is it killing your vibe maaan? Im bringin everyone dowwwn? Shut up.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM #63
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Is it killing your vibe maaan? Im bringin everyone dowwwn? Shut up.
No, you're making yourself look like a god damned fool, but that's no skin off my back.
Closed Thread