PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 PM #22
DSBShocka101
i screw wood chippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maer9 View Post
Because PE went the step forwards that Dye chickened out on.
are maybe PE patented their bolt design 3 years ago

OLD F-E-E-D-B-A-C-K
DSBShocka101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM #23
bonehead61
Kurupt

bonehead61 supports Team VICIOUS
bonehead61 plays in the APPA D4 division
i think the geo will be a big step forward and take alot of bissness away from dye

KURUPT PAINTBALL
http://kuruptpaintballom
bonehead61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM #24
shockersoul
DISBIN THE PAINTBALL SIN

stupid topic question. first , why not? and second , they know it will sell because there is a cult called planet eclipse fans!! and for good reasons , some of which you feel when u hold n shoot a p.e marker , the quality n reliability , everything! their products are truly engineered for solidity. and lastly, the most excellent best of the best of the best customer service!! period! even at the events , when i hand it to a tech in the p.e boot , (xpsl) i know i can return in 5 mins and itt will shoot like brand new if somthin were to go wrong with it. especially a dude named walter. i reccomend him
shockersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:38 PM #25
pbuser.wonder.boy
we fligh high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
I'm biased too and I agree with his statement.

But seriously, they already dominate the poppet market. Next time you're at a field, look around and see how many of the poppets are Egos. Now, why not try to cut in to the spool market? They are going to take customers away from Dye, Macdev, and some other companies.
y not?? PE is already really successful with the EGO since late 04..... the planet eclipse team were all in a room one day thinking and wondering y they havent made spool valves... y not go into another completely realm of marker operation, just to dominate the marker world once and for all....DYE guns always mess up with leak problems..... smartparts' famous shocker has just been replaced by the one of a kind sexy LUXE.... Bob Long has also been successful with this by making spoolies and poppets (timmies,marqs)we all know PE is top notch with all their products.... y not win another race??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSBShocka101 View Post
are maybe PE patented their bolt design 3 years ago
..... EXACTLY!!!... they couldnt have taken away this bolt desighn from another company and made it over night... it took some time to brinstorm it.... test it.....perfect it... and patent it.... prolly not 3 years ago... but yeah... they obviously had ideas for the spooly quite a while now..... cmon, dont tell me ppl never wondered what a spooly would b like from Eclipse.... we all had those thoughts..... at least i know i did.....

ah yes... the future is looking bright with PE...
pbuser.wonder.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 AM #26
getz411

getz411 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt View Post
Well they did with the geo...but the 09 doesnt look much different to a sl8r...so i plan on keeping my 07 and getting a geo sometime next year.
Doesn't LOOK much different, however if you read the tech specs the internal workings have been improved in such a way as to further reduce kick, noise, etc.
getz411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 AM #27
beach_house

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuser.wonder.boy View Post
y not?? PE is already really successful with the EGO since late 04..... the planet eclipse team were all in a room one day thinking and wondering y they havent made spool valves... y not go into another completely realm of marker operation, just to dominate the marker world once and for all....DYE guns always mess up with leak problems..... smartparts' famous shocker has just been replaced by the one of a kind sexy LUXE.... Bob Long has also been successful with this by making spoolies and poppets (timmies,marqs)we all know PE is top notch with all their products.... y not win another race??

..... EXACTLY!!!... they couldnt have taken away this bolt desighn from another company and made it over night... it took some time to brinstorm it.... test it.....perfect it... and patent it.... prolly not 3 years ago... but yeah... they obviously had ideas for the spooly quite a while now..... cmon, dont tell me ppl never wondered what a spooly would b like from Eclipse.... we all had those thoughts..... at least i know i did.....

ah yes... the future is looking bright with PE...
Uh, Marqs are in-line Poppet markers....Bob doesnt make a spool valve gun...at the moment.
beach_house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:05 AM #28
DRAGONIntimidator888

It is all about business...this is a very smart move for eclipse.
In the past few years they have been taking over the market and if this gun is as reliable and popular as the ego they will basically dominate the market. It is great timing as well, being egos are more popular than ever.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 AM #29
chikenwings

Bottomline is Egos are everywhere you look because they made a solid product and backed it up. The only reason i want to see what the GEO is because PE makes awesome shieit. People would not care about this gun if it was made by another manufacturer. Why? because they make awesome toys it seem like forever now. Nuff said.

3 moving orings in a spoolie? wtf. Dammit Planet, you guys really dropped the ball, I would have expected you guys to get it down to 1. Its OK, Ill wait for the GEOL9R with the upgraded single O-ring design! Good job. If all claims are good and not hype, I gaurantee you will see tons of GEo's on the field.
chikenwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 AM #30
beach_house

This is just what was needed out of the Eclipse camp. Something to compete with the Droid. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.
beach_house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 AM #31
Mnofstl007
Here to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9098 View Post
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
haha i think i might be one of the only people to get this joke

and to add substance to my post- Most people are classified as spooly lovers or open bolt lovers...
obviously the open bolt go for ego
spoolys go for dye being as they were the only choice for most people... now PE has both types of players coming to them.
Double the pleasure, double the fun, double the market, double the income ?

"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish."

Last edited by Mnofstl007 : 10-07-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Mnofstl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 AM #32
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
The Ego was the first real high end marker I can think of where you could take it out of the box, slap on a tank, hopper, paint and shoot it. No fussing, no tuning, no trying to figure it out. They almost never leak out of the box.

Spool valves are great and all, but they trade ease of maintainence and efficency for a smooth and quieter shot. There are still a great deal of players who don't want to hassle with 10+ o-rings all in one spot, trying to troubleshoot that one. With a poppit valve marker, you typically can nail the area of where a leak/problem is coming from.

Seriously, the technology hasn't changed much, we aren't seeing products that are changing the way the game is played, and for now, even more so with the ROF caps, things have tapered off. Honestly the one line of products that I would like to see catch up are loaders. The company that has the best customer service, quality control and cost effectiveness is going to dominate. I kinda wanted to see a little lower price tag on the GEO, but I'm happy they didn't toss out another damn $300 "mid end" marker.

Spool valve markers are included as "open bolt". They have an "enclosed bolt", but have an "open bolt operation"

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 AM #33
HCDK
Realtor

HCDK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i get what you mean, like its the whole "if they are so good with poppet then why go spool" but what you have to realize, is that PE is also a company, and companys make decision based on what people want and while also making profit. i mean, yeah spool, isnt my favorite eighter, thats whay i never bought DM, and stuck with egos, but my i rememind you that PE also made the 09 ego and that option is still available
HCDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM #34
PBMT

why go spoolie???

There is only one answer!!..... for the buttery smoothness
PBMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:16 PM #35
Dyeoblivion69

Dyeoblivion69 plays in the PSP
Dyeoblivion69 posts videos on PbNation
Dyeoblivion69 plays in the APPA D2 division
^^ exactly if you currently shoot a poppit type marker yes you can make it very smooth but if you have hands down experienced the shot and feel of a well tuned spool valve the shooting platform is like butter super smooth which I do like... even though pe talks about the 09 ego having very little kick I still believe the geo will be a smoother marker in the fact that it is a spool valve with very little maintenance it is quite appealing to me.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM #36
Loudog3
I'm on a Boat Mother*****

Loudog3 is playing at Living Legends III
Loudog3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Everybody should be glad they are doing this! It is creating more compeition in the market and making everybody come out with better products and we the consumer are benifting from it!
Loudog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 PM #37
Socky
Rest in Peace

Its a PE that is smooth like a dye, *drool.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:34 PM #38
rakim
I used to be a 2k9'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9098 View Post
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
lol my gf loves that game.

as for the thread: by making a spool valve gun pe is certainly getting my business. i love the smoother, quieter feel of a spool valve and the only company that makes guns like that is dye, until now, plus its $100 cheaper and imo pe offers better support than dye does

WTB Tippmann Effect 98
rakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:47 PM #39
e30Birdy

e30Birdy helped look for balloons
i am gonna have to try a geo cause i dont really see a way in hell i would shoot it over my droid!

Dont get me wrong i am no PE hater, i have owned a limited to 30 "Wüstenfuchs" edition 07 ego and a Us Flag 08 but wasnt too pleased with the 08, i may try with 09 again with the new spring return trigger and it will finally learn to like a Ego again, just gotta see how loud it is cause it is hard enough trying to hear your coach in xball!

But before i buy myself a backup for next year i am gonna try all the new guns out, Ego, Geo, DM9, and Cyborg FX and then choose from there!

P.S PE support is prolly the best out of any marker company there is, i will totally agree on that!
Reloader B in white w/ Shocktech Rip Drive
Draxxus Pulse (piece of Crap breaks too much)
e30Birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM #40
z4ck
I ****in, I ****in...

z4ck plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyeoblivion69 View Post
^^ exactly if you currently shoot a poppit type marker yes you can make it very smooth but if you have hands down experienced the shot and feel of a well tuned spool valve the shooting platform is like butter super smooth which I do like... even though pe talks about the 09 ego having very little kick I still believe the geo will be a smoother marker in the fact that it is a spool valve with very little maintenance it is quite appealing to me.
My vice shoots like my dm8 did.

And I have both of them tuned.
z4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:32 PM #41
Skillz512

Skillz512 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Skillz512 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
why not dominate the marker with both kinds of guns they kill with ego's. The dm9 is 1350 and the geo is 1250 u get better customer service, overall gun, lcd screen, tool less bolt removal and less o-rings to deal with for cheaper
Skillz512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:34 AM #42
e30Birdy

e30Birdy helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
why not dominate the marker with both kinds of guns they kill with ego's. The dm9 is 1350 and the geo is 1250 u get better customer service, overall gun, lcd screen, tool less bolt removal and less o-rings to deal with for cheaper
and a dm8 is not even THAT quiet when i compare mine to my droid so i think the geo can top that too!
Reloader B in white w/ Shocktech Rip Drive
Draxxus Pulse (piece of Crap breaks too much)
e30Birdy is offline   Reply With Quote