PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:46 PM #1
foolishfiend (Banned)
I <3 Suicide Girls

luxe killer?

anyone else think that the geo will soon be called a luxe killer? its smaller, lighter? NOT made by sp. etc. imo it is.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 PM #2
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nope, I don't think anyone is killing anyone with markers. The lux still has its advantages (tooless dissassembly, talking board, quiet shot, smooth operation, no macro line, etc.) that still make it one of the top markers out there. Equally the geo offers some great features in terms of reliability and weight. I personally don't see any companies fading away though as everyone is making really great stuff and everyone brings something a little different to the table in there gelatin chucking machines.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:27 PM #3
gravee
cough sig cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Nope, I don't think anyone is killing anyone with markers. The lux still has its advantages (tooless dissassembly, talking board, quiet shot, smooth operation, no macro line, etc.) that still make it one of the top markers out there. Equally the geo offers some great features in terms of reliability and weight. I personally don't see any companies fading away though as everyone is making really great stuff and everyone brings something a little different to the table in there gelatin chucking machines.

the geo bolt can be removed with no tools. the talking board is an opinionated advantage because imo see its an annoyance. the geo is extremely smooth shooting and pretty quiet also. macro line is not really an issue but you are right about that atleast.

its pretty much got any dm beat though

dm - many orings/no screen/tools needed for bolt removal/air hog/very unreliable in my experiences with them. (also witnessing many others having issues with them. such as frequent leaks, first shot drop off, and incredible inefficiency)

p.s. - ive shot the geo so dont complain that im talking out my *** about this post. i havent shot a luxe but the only one at the field today was broken. i believe every ego/geo was in working order. imo its probably the best spoolie on the market right now. i dont own one right now so this isnt a biased post either. hope i could help

Last edited by gravee : 10-19-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:32 PM #4
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravee View Post
the geo bolt can be removed with no tools. the talking board is an opinionated advantage because imo see its an annoyance. the geo is extremely smooth shooting and pretty quiet also. macro line is not really an issue but you are right about that atleast.

its pretty much got any dm beat though

dm - many orings/no screen/tools needed for bolt removal/air hog/very unreliable in my experiences with them. (also witnessing many others having issues with them. such as frequent leaks, first shot drop off, and incredible inefficiency)

p.s. - ive shot the geo so dont complain that im talking out my *** about this post. i havent shot a luxe but the only one at the field today was broken. i believe every ego/geo was in working order. imo its probably the best spoolie on the market right now. i dont own one right now so this isnt a biased post either. hope i could help
I was refering more to the tooless eye cover removal etc. I was never comparing the Geo to the Luxe, just stating that they both bring things to the table and the fact that I don't see them being "killed" by the introduction of the geo. Hell I even have one on the way. I also feel that there is still some to be gained in terms of smoothness from the DM series, though im not sure that the decrease in reliability is worth it. I know from experience, the DM series has been unmatched in smoothness and sound. All of these luxuries are of course worthless if the thing doesn't work day in and day out on the field. Thus my argument is that while I choose reliability first, others may not and as a result I don't see these other spoolers dying out anytime soon as everyone is different.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 10-19-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 AM #5
coyut
PE Tech and www.341.ch

has been a member for 10 years
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No one gets killed by the Geo. But they will feel that another marker is competing in the same market.

Some people just want to buy stuff not any has just to be different. They choose coolness over reliability.

Well it will be getting a interesting year to see how the market will react to new products.

Selling my Coyut SL74
Old 10-20-2008, 03:57 AM #6
dchuck79
Awesome's Patient Zero

dchuck79 supports Cereal Killerz 2
dchuck79 donated to help Peyton Trent
I don't see any one marker actually killing another. There are some new markers on the market, however, that will make some people view their current situation a little closer.

In regards to the Luxe, I think most people are a little afraid of the price. But people continue to buy all the $1500+ markers too... so who knows...

Personally, I would rather have a marker w/ a screen type menu rather than an audible or flashing LED menu.

In my opinion, the Geo is on paper, a better choice... but people will still buy the Luxe, kids on here will still trade for one, and teams like Dynasty and Naughty Dogs will still shoot them.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 AM #7
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
I dont see any point in this thread. Nothing is going to kill anything. Coming from a PE fan.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM #8
gravee
cough sig cough

yea i agree its not going to 'kill' anything but in my opinion it has its advantages over other guns... but people are still gona buy dm's, luxes, etc
Closed Thread