Community Focus

Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 PM #148
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
My question about upper level players in L2 was just for clarification. It seems okay to let them help the newer guys. It also might help fill rosters sometimes.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2008, 11:43 PM #149
BigJT
Elitesportspb.com

BigJT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BigJT supports Team VICIOUS
BigJT supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancher View Post
take all of the level players and put them on a team instead of playing down, that is more open teams.
That is what he has been doing all along and as you can see the turnout hasnt been the best.

It gives the one open player a chance to acually play paintball again in the local scene. Because we all know that once you play something like D3 you are pretty much done with anything local. We've played L2 the past couple years as the rules are with no L1 player and have 1 L1 player that would acually love to play with us, but why us move up when we can still be classified as L2. I can see where your coming from about not having someone that is ranked L1 by the MPS, but I also know that there are plenty of L1 players that would play with just about anyone to be able to play a Local tournament. Look them up on the MPS free agents.

It cannot be classified as sandbagging if its in the rules. I know for a fact that Dan is very good at watching for sandbagging and I know there is none in the L2 part of the MPS.
PLANET ECLIPSE- RPS-EMPIRE- MONSTER
BigJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:56 PM #150
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
In my opinion i think the L2 teams being allowed to roster 1 L1 player is a good idea. Just because it makes the series more like all the other series that are being played through out the U.S.. Every L2 team should have the opportunity to roster 1 L1 player. In case some of you didnt know the psp and nppl do it. Such as if you play D3 XBALL you are allowed to roster 2 D2 player to your team. And if you play D2 Xball you are allowed to roster 2 D1 player to your team. So it would follow closer to PSP and NPPL rules. Just my opinion, and if you think that you cant find a L1 player for an event. I can name at least 6 right now that would like to play L2.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:12 AM #151
jakkrk

jakkrk helped look for balloons
jakkrk supports Team VICIOUS
How can I get a copy of the MPS rule book?.

So L3 and L4 are only 3 man teams.

Why limit the L4 teams to only 1 battery operated equipment even if they haven't played in a tourney?

Any chance on getting an MPS event closer to the St. Louis area?
jakkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:10 PM #152
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkrk View Post
How can I get a copy of the MPS rule book?.
The rules for the 09 season will be made available after Tim and myself have had time to look it over and make any changes that we will be making.

Quote:
So L3 and L4 are only 3 man teams.

Why limit the L4 teams to only 1 battery operated equipment even if they haven't played in a tourney?
yes.... L3 and L4 are 3man teams. l4 is limited to 1 battery operated hopper or marker to reduce the ROF. It has been this way for several years now and the players like it.

Quote:
Any chance on getting an MPS event closer to the St. Louis area?
Not in the 09 season... but maybe in the future.
MPS_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 AM #153
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Does MPS still require APPA photo I.D.?

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Malitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:17 AM #154
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

We will be using APPA for registrations... but I will not require an ID.

I will be printing each team's roster and picture for each event and will cross check each person on a team's roster at check in like I usually do when it was the MPSID system.

Later,

DAn
Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 PM #155
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

This was posted in the "10bps" thread. If you have a comment, either post here or there.

thanks,

Dan

Quote:
I'm leaning towards doing what PSP has done... 12 bps for their upper divisions and 10 bps for their lower divisions.

The reason why I'm leaning towards this way is two reasons....

1. I see the MPS as beeing a feeder series for the PSP. Level 1 is where teams should want to eventually get up to in the series, but past that... It is the PSP that they should be playing. It doesn't make any sense to have a series that is a different ROF than our one and only professional league. If the NPPL was still around, I may think otherwise but since the PSP is the top dog now, why not go with the flow?

2. Shooting 3 balls per second slower could be a cost savings to you players. Who's not interested in having some extra beer money??

If you totally disagree, post your comments. This isn't 100% finalized yet, but this is what we are leaning towards. Myself and the ultimate ref is looking into this in greater detail.

Later,

Dan

Last edited by MPS_Dan : 01-05-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 PM #156
chevyman2007
paintball or bust

chevyman2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i was just reading your first post in this thread, i think an all star game would be sweet...

“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
chevyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 PM #157
ego666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJT View Post
That is what he has been doing all along and as you can see the turnout hasnt been the best.

It gives the one open player a chance to acually play paintball again in the local scene. Because we all know that once you play something like D3 you are pretty much done with anything local. We've played L2 the past couple years as the rules are with no L1 player and have 1 L1 player that would acually love to play with us, but why us move up when we can still be classified as L2. I can see where your coming from about not having someone that is ranked L1 by the MPS, but I also know that there are plenty of L1 players that would play with just about anyone to be able to play a Local tournament. Look them up on the MPS free agents.

It cannot be classified as sandbagging if its in the rules. I know for a fact that Dan is very good at watching for sandbagging and I know there is none in the L2 part of the MPS.

you guys sandbag every event you enter. jake dicksion was playing d4 at psp with you guys.... and now he will be playing level 2 at the local level. seems real fair
ego666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM #158
BigJT
Elitesportspb.com

BigJT supports Team VICIOUS
BigJT supports Pev's Paintball
Wrong sir. If you would like to look at what our ranking is we are ranked D4 PSP as of right now. If you would look into the PSP Appa a little bit more you would also see that Jake Dickson is ranked D2 therefore him not being about to play D4. As for sandbagging we have not nor ever will sandbag events. We move up when we are classified for the next level. Dan has known a few of us for years and he knows for a fact that we are not sandbagging. If you would like to go further into this I will be happy to explain it to you. But before you post things that you have no knowledge about you should really stop talking and just play paintball.
PLANET ECLIPSE- RPS-EMPIRE- MONSTER
BigJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 PM #159
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Someone posted somewhere about why do the 12bps rof? You don't get to 12 in the PSP until you reach semi-pro and pro. After thinking about this and discussing this with some other sources and reading about 22 pages of posts on the PSP forum, I've decide to make it official to change the ROF to 10bps across the board.

The reason why 10 for all levels is because 99.9% of all the players that play in the MPS will not play in semi-pro or pro. Even if they do, they will have played in D2 and D1 in the PSP at 10bps anyways so why not make the MPS 10.

Everyone that I talk to is in favor of reducing the ROF and I am liking it too. My daughter and her friends tried playing last year and she doesn't play anymore because they were too intimidated. By lowering the ROF will hopefully help out that situation for all new players entering into the sport and HOPEFULLY grow the number of local teams again.

I hope you all agree.

So as of today, you have about 3 months to either update the software in your existing boards or purchase a new board that will allow you to set your ROF to 10.

for you new players... if you are unsure on how to set your board or don't know if you have a board that can be set, contact your local pro shop.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM #160
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego666 View Post
you guys sandbag every event you enter. jake dicksion was playing d4 at psp with you guys.... and now he will be playing level 2 at the local level. seems real fair
Seriously man do you have something against me. Because you've started crap with me b4. And when i ask you to play against me because you call me a cheater you dont show up to play or just plain "PUNK OUT". And for your information i am ranked D1. Since i play for Warped Army this past season and we did good in 2 events we had to play D1 at Cup so in no way was i playing for Fatal Effect. I wasnt even on there roster for staff. So please stop talking crap on me!!!! I have never done anything wrong to you. The only thing i can see is you just want to bring down people who have national experience and have done well in there paintball achievements.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:25 PM #161
Volksjager06
Rock the Chalk

Volksjager06 supports Team VICIOUS
This is really behind, but going back to the bonus points, I think they're a really good idea. They keep attendance up, for sure. Teams who are striving for those points will (in theory) make it to more events. More teams per event always makes the play more exciting for the teams involved and also produces more cash influx for the series, which in turn, allows for better prizes and a better series in coming seasons.

No help from nobody. Do it yourself, or not at all.

Feedback +12/-0
Volksjager06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM #162
KcCollision00
This is Nuckin Futs!!!!

KcCollision00 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KcCollision00 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
is the official rate of fire going to be 10 bps or 10.5 bps??
KcCollision00 is offline   Reply With Quote