PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2016, 11:20 AM #1
Anth0nypwn3s

Anth0nypwn3s owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cs1 ROF issue.

First I would like to start off by saying that I really like planet eclipse products, I've never owned a PE gun that I haven't just thoroughly enjoyed. With that being said it makes it difficult for me to write what I am about to a company I have grown to love.
I bought my cs1 when they first came out, since then I have not had one single day of play where the gun shot all day with no issues. It seems to me that the eyes default and make the rof go down to like 6-7 or so. I have gone through and tried several different hoppers to rule out that the loader could be the issue, also have tried several tanks. On top of that I have followed all the maintenance videos provided by jack including the spool valve servicing. I have also ensured that the eyes work ok and that the gun is in default board settings. I have taken the time to also ensure that the connections between the board and the body are connecting good and that the prongs are plenty "springy". So today I called tech support in the US and told the gentleman that answered the phone that I would like to send my gun in to have it repaired because I am tired of messing with it. He then suggested to me that he could ship me parts to replace. I replied that I really didn't want to have to take the gun apart again after taking it apart as many times as I have I am just plain tired of messing with it. This is the first time in my paintball career that I have ever bought a completely new gun. I have always bought off of the nation. I feel as if I spent 1600 on a new gun I should be able to send it in if needed, especially if I have had nothing but issues with it since I have gotten it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2016, 11:25 AM #2
Eddie88

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Eddie88 plays in the MiLP
Eddie88 plays in the APPA D2 division
I was having this issue as well. It would work great in the beginning of the day then cap at 6-8 bps. For me, it was the bolt not coming back fast enough, and turning the SFR didn't help. I found that I have to lube the bolt about every 2500 shots.

Turn your eyes off and look down the breach as you shoot. Does the bolt look slow?

Hounds
Gridlock
Eddie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM #3
Classypashy

There is a video on youtube jack made that supposedly was to fix this exact issue. Did you watch that as well?
Classypashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:12 PM #4
Eddie88

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Here's the link to it. Skip to 2:30 since you've already checked your loader. This did not help the bolt issue i had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9lxwDVi84

Hounds
Gridlock
Old 02-01-2016, 02:43 PM #5
Anth0nypwn3s

I have tried the steps in the above video with no such luck, it will act right for a bit then be problematic again.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:13 PM #6
ZERO*EGO
Best of the Worst

ZERO*EGO plays in the APPA beginner division
ZERO*EGO has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ZERO*EGO has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
@Eddie88 - so are you still having bolt issues? If not, what fixed it?

Insight Owners Group
ZERO*EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:30 AM #7
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Hi Anthony,

Sorry you're not 100% happy with your gun.

Of course we will get it sorted for you and we will be more than happy to have the gun back and carry out any work that needs doing to it to get it 100%.

I will forward this thread to Gerry and Aaron in RI (they will have been the ones who dealt with your inquiry yesterday) and get them to arrange to get your gun back.

PM me if you have any issues at all.

Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:14 AM #8
Eddie88

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO*EGO View Post
@Eddie88 - so are you still having bolt issues? If not, what fixed it?
Every time I clean and lube the bolt, it shoots great again. It seems like the more I shoot it the better it's getting.

First day playing, the issue happened after about 1000 shots.
Second, it happened after about 2500 shots.
Third and Fourth, 3000 shots without the issue.

Hounds
Gridlock

Last edited by Eddie88 : 02-02-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 AM #9
Aaron Sheedy

Annual Supporting Member
Aaron Sheedy works for a Paintball manufacturer
Aaron Sheedy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cs1

Anthony,

Please shoot me an email @ aaron.s@planeteclipse.com and we can arrange to have the gun sent in and looked over.

Thank you
Aaron.s@planeteclipse.com
Direct Line-401-337-5628
Fax: 401-247-0931
Aaron Sheedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:31 PM #10
Anth0nypwn3s

Update: planet eclipse has contacted me and sent me a rma to fix this issue.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:46 PM #11
Yellowcake28

Yellowcake28 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
I have this exact same issue to. I posted a thread a couple days ago titled BS fault detected. I have only played with my CS1 twice. the first time out i shot about 2500 shots right out of the box and it was flawless. I did clean and lube the bolt after that and the following weekend I shot 4-5000 balls thru it and that is when i noticed the 8-9 BPS cap at about the end of the day. I have not shot the gun again after maintenance so i do not know if the problem is fixed or not. Also, i used a spire the day that the marker was messing up and the first time out i used R2. so again i do not know what is causing the issue. I hope after routine maintenance the marker will be fine-but i will only know when i go out again next weekend. I mentioned BS fault detected because that is what icon was displayed while my ROF was going down and i noticed the issue. I hope this is not a big issue because less maintenance and no problems was why i went with CS1 instead of DYE M2...Jack any help?
Yellowcake28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:49 PM #12
Yellowcake28

^^^ maybe my marker is still in the "breaking in phase" and i need to lube the bolt every 1-2000 balls until it is broken-in kind of what eddie is talking about...? I do not mmind these issues at all if the marker just needs broken in or dwell tuned blah blah blah. what i will be mad at is if there literally is some hardware issues and i have a lemon.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:21 AM #13
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Hi Yellowcake.
Run the gun next time you play. Before you go, increase the speed and sensitivity of the Spire. If you have done this already just double check the settings are still right.
Then if it starts to do it again, change the loader back to the R2 and see if it persists.
After that play, PM me the results (better to PM in case I miss the thread on here) and we can take it from there.
Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:29 PM #14
Yellowcake28

Ok thank you for the response JACK I certainly will. I have never changed any setting on the spire so I will soon. From what I have heard the default spire settings out of the box are not very good for the CS1- I just never tinkered with it because the spire manual says do not change unless you have to so obviously I will now. And as I mentioned before I just realized the rate of fire problem this time around because the first time I used the gun I was runnin my R2. I am just really concerned this BS fault has something to do with it. I will for sure PM you the results.