Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 PM #1
Sam/punishment

Geo 3.1 vs luxe oled

I have a geo 3.1 and I am getting a Geo 3.5i n a couple of months. The issue that I'm having is trying to decide whether I should keep my Geo 3.1 as a back up or to switch to a luxe OLED.I would like to switch to relax because I have never had one and I like to experience all of the major guns that I might use in the future. But I am also hesitant because of the rear liability of the guns. I would just like to get some input on whether or not I should switch to a lux or not. Thanks
Sam/punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2015, 07:25 AM #2
Isn_fish

If i were you, I'd get a LV1.
a lot of room for messing with adjustments, fine tuning, etc...
and a different plataform than your GEO 3.1
I believe the Luxe would be more of the same, being only a bit different on particularities....
Isn_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 AM #3
floods
Ph 4:12

Annual Supporting Member
floods plays in the PSP
floods owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
floods plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isn_fish View Post
If i were you, I'd get a LV1.
a lot of room for messing with adjustments, fine tuning, etc...
and a different plataform than your GEO 3.1
I believe the Luxe would be more of the same, being only a bit different on particularities....

I used to shoot an OLED Luxe and now shoot either a 3.5 or LV1 depending on what I'm trying to do. Luxe is closer in hand-feel to an LV but "fatter," shot feel is closer to the LV as well but a little "longer" (LV is a light pop, Luxe is a longer fwoop), but the look of the shot is like a Luxe (appears flat). I agree that it makes sense to own a spool and a poppet rather than a pair of spools, especially if you play in the cold.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:06 PM #4
kobe8smh

I actually just sold my 3.5 to get the OLED. I miss the feel of the 3.5 was just more comfortable with it in my hands but the OLED out shoots the 3.5 all day. It is flatter, smoother everything. The OLED is a better shot in pretty much every way. However like I said I miss the way my 3.5 feels. I have been torn on if I want to go back to the 3.5 just bc of feel or not.

As for reliability it all depends on you. If you take care of your stuff and clean it everytime and maintenance it properly and when you should the OLED fires up every single time and throws paint like a champ. If you don't take care of it then it will break down like most things though.

Hope this helps GL with your search!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:25 PM #5
Magic rat

Magic rat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Magic rat owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I sold my 3.1 for an Oled as I had never owned one,used it,serviced it then sold it for a GSL.
Yes Oled is smooth but crap on air.
I felt it wouldn't be as reliable as a planet marker,all the electronic connections,eyes,battery ect weren't as good quality.
The oled screen was glued in,rechargeable battery is a nice idea but how hard is it to change a battery.
I thought the recharge port would be vulnerable to paint damage.
The ASA is crap compaired to a POPS,the reg is harder to service and looked old fashioned.
Voice gets on your tits after a while!

The marker I use most is LV1, for feel shot accuracy and efficiency.
Magic rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:15 PM #6
StealthLogics

StealthLogics owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
StealthLogics owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have a luxe 2.0 and I thought the 3.5 shot better and smoother
I want the geo 3.5
StealthLogics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:46 PM #7
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
Had one of the first Luxes '08, sold it and stopped playing for a few years, came back and got the first Geo 3 off the truck at Chicago Open '12, sold it before the 3.1 hit, tried a DM14, showed up broken so I returned it for a Luxe OLED remembering how much I liked my first one, shot it in my backyard, now selling it to get a Geo 3.5.

It's going to be different for everybody so this is all my opinion but for me the Geo's shot feel, the optical trigger, the actual feel of the gun, better feedneck, better grips, better asa, are all reasons I like the Geo more than anything else these days. So I think I'll be sticking with a Geo for good nowadays, not to say the Luxe, or even other guns out there aren't nice, it's all preference.
kAmAkAzEe is offline   Reply With Quote