Old 07-24-2015, 03:59 PM #1
locknload9
USN

Annual Supporting Member
locknload9 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
locknload9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
virus splash anno question

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to paintball. Ive been playing for about 4 months now. I recently acquired a virus splash geo 3.5. I noticed on some of the threads on here that some of the limited quantity anno geos have a production number in sharpie under the eye covers. I was told that there was only 24 virus splash guns made and only 14 of them are in the U.S. Which would make this a limited edition right? well, there is no number under my eye covers and I cant seem to find anything online stating the virus splash was indeed a limited run anno and there truly was only 24 made. Anyone have proof of this? Or know how to find out? I asked Jack Wood but he hasn't responded yet. Figured I'd ask everyone else.

Thanks in advance.

Virus Splash Geo 3.5
Spire 260 w/Crown Speedfeed
Ninja 50/4500 Tank
Lime/Teal (Virus Matching) JT Proflex
locknload9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2015, 11:22 PM #2
Paintballz619

Paintballz619 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Following... I'm curious as well because I just got the Greenspan edition Ego LV1.1 which is suppose to be 1-24 but mine actually has the sharpie number and its #50 hmm...
Paintballz619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:50 AM #3
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The numbers under the eye covers are to associate them with their marker after anno...they aren't the # of #.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:31 AM #4
locknload9
USN

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
The numbers under the eye covers are to associate them with their marker after anno...they aren't the # of #.
interesting. thank you for sharing that. How do people find out that certain annos are limited runs and only have x number of them made? Im wondering if there is another route that I can go to get to the bottom of this. I did find a link when I googled about virus splash that stated the same "there were only 24 of these made" that I heard before. However, it was a very old listing from a retailer which was listing a virus splash for sale that is no longer available. I would love to see some info straight from PE itself. Maybe I can call there customer service number. Think they'll even want to waste their time trying to find that info for me? I don't want to really bother them I know they are busy turning out the amazing markers we all love. Hopefully Jack Wood will chime in here or respond to my PM.

Virus Splash Geo 3.5
Ninja 50/4500 Tank
Old 07-25-2015, 10:59 AM #5
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Hi,

Sorry, I don't know how many Virus were made, but I can ask when I get back to the office on Monday.

I should be able to tell you how many have been made so far, but that does not mean we won't make another batch in the future. I don't think the virus was planned as a strictly number-limited edition. Pretty much the only cast-in-stone limited editions tend to be the likes of the SL's where we state only X number will get built before we start the run.

Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:23 AM #6
locknload9
USN

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Hi,

Sorry, I don't know how many Virus were made, but I can ask when I get back to the office on Monday.

I should be able to tell you how many have been made so far, but that does not mean we won't make another batch in the future. I don't think the virus was planned as a strictly number-limited edition. Pretty much the only cast-in-stone limited editions tend to be the likes of the SL's where we state only X number will get built before we start the run.

Jack
That would be awesome! Thanks Jack.

Virus Splash Geo 3.5
Ninja 50/4500 Tank