PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2008, 06:42 PM #1
wgpman

has been a member for 10 years
Determine my workout!!

EDIT: EVERYONE COME BACK AND CRITIQUE MY WORKOUT!!!!

posted my plan at the bottom.

So used to weigh 210, and dropped down to 150. I lost all the weight by simply calorie counting, zero exercise. I kept it off for like a year and and started jogging maybe once or twice a week to help keep it off. So in the end I have skinny legs, skinny wrists and a chubby middle with NO muscle tone. I was happy I lost the weight and just stopped there.

Fast forward a year to last summer. I gained like 10 pounds when I went home for the last month of the summer. My mom did this weight class where you do like a million reps with a small amount of weights, I went with her a few times and LOVED!! It was the first time I ever really lifted weights-I'm 20-and I saw the difference VERY fast. My arms got a little bigger and I was started to get toned.

Now I want to get in REAL shape, instead of just starving myself to lose fat. I moved out and now am going to school. So I come to St:F in hopes that they will create a workout plan for me. I already eat healthy, it's just how I live. I bought a big *** can of whey protein-do I use before workout, after or both?- in order to assist in my process. I also acquired a pretty decent free weight set. I have that long *** 45 pound bar and a smaller bar that would be used for like bicep curls.
So I would love it if you guys could kind of outline a workout plan for me. I don't know **** about this stuff. I am hoping it includes weight lifting AND running/jogging/sprinting or whatever. I want to tone up and bulk up, and get a flat belly/pecs!!! I am willing to work HARD, but don't know where to start. THanks!!!!!
The object of both [sex and paintball] is to gog the other person

Last edited by wgpman : 10-06-2008 at 11:27 AM.
wgpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 PM #2
karnavorrr

I'm sure someone will come and help you soon as I am not good at giving advice.

Just don't forget to train the muscles you can't see in the mirror.

Each time he got through, he was told he needed to give a street address before an ambulance could be sent. "
karnavorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 PM #3
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
www.t-nation.com and www.bodybuilding.com . click link, begin research.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 PM #4
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

FAQ? Been there?
_V_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 PM #5
FL07
On High Alert

Quote:
Determine my workout!!
no thanks.
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:03 PM #6
njdevils55

njdevils55 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
YOUR CUSTOMIZED WORKOUT!

Rip Donlon.
Chronic 08 Ego, 1/30
njdevils55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:07 PM #7
E-M-P-I-R-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
FAQ? Been there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
no thanks.

+1
E-M-P-I-R-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:12 PM #8
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils55 View Post
Dude, dont be a dick.

Here, great place to find a awesome workout.

Bodybuilding Workout Calculator
Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 PM #9
E-M-P-I-R-E

lolz
Old 10-05-2008, 08:16 PM #10
wgpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Dude, dont be a dick.

Here, great place to find a awesome workout.

Bodybuilding Workout Calculator
Haha damn you.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM #11
wgpman

Fine heres two simple questions then. Do I drink whey drinks before or after a workout, or both.
And do I still need to workout my legs if I run/spring every other day?
Old 10-05-2008, 08:20 PM #12
pballer182
Is On A Cruise

since no one is really helping, I'll try and help you out some. Firstly, I'm guessing you don't have access to weights, so all your stuff is going to be pushing your body weight or a little bit more. Start doing pushups every day. Determine how many you can do in one go, then divide that by 2 (do the same w/ crunches). Do 5 sets of half your pushup max, half crunch max with rest in between. Using a chair you can do dips. For arms and back do pullups or rope climbs. Curls if you want. For legs, do 1 legged squats w/ as much weight as you can. Do 3-4 sets of 10 per leg. You can do calf raises if you want as well. Run stairs, they will increase leg strength alot. Take all of your weight, go outside, and jump up and down until you can't anymore. Swimming and bicycling are really good. For more core you can do bicycles, planks, ab machines(if accessible) and tons more, just google ab workouts.
Hope I helped get you started. Check out the sites listed previously, they'll help you a lot.

Protein shakes right after you workout, and depending on whether your just jogging, or sprinting/doing stairs, you may or may not have to do legs depending on what you want in your results.
pballer182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 PM #13
wgpman

Umm thanks, but I do have weights lol. I looked at bodybuilders and wow there is a massive amount of information there. I guess that's all I will ever need
Old 10-05-2008, 08:32 PM #14
E-M-P-I-R-E

dont forget to fap more than ever.......

It is an old bodybuilder secret......not only is it one of the greatest forearm exercises but it has also been shown to burn 400+ calories per hours. That almost as much s running. I have not heard so much about fapping for cardio lately, but Arnold talks about it is several interviews from his heyday.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 PM #15
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpman View Post
Haha damn you.
I enjoyed that one. Read the FAQ. Go get the books. Decide if this lifestyle is for you.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 PM #16
paintballkid97

The guy came in here looking to get in shape and simply asked for help on finding a workout. Why must you guys make a joke out of this situation?

You should really create your own workout that suits you best. I would recomend reading up on t-nation, bodybuilding.com.

Heres a good workout that I think would suit you well and has been proven to work very well for begginers
http://www.t-nation.com/archives.do?y=2008
paintballkid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 AM #17
wgpman

So I did a lot of searching and am going to follow Kris Gethin's 12 week workout out. Here is a link for the actually lifting plan http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/krisgethin_guide8.htm

He rocommends 20 minutes of cardio a day. But here is my plan as of now. Give me tips/advice! Thanks

Monday: Workout day 1
Tuesday: 15-20 Min HIIT in morning
Wednesday: Workout day 2
Thursday:15-20 Min HIIT in morning
Friday: Workout day 3
Saturday: 15-20 Min HIIT in morning
Sunday: Long distance jogging ~ 4/5 miles

Will this be too much for me, or not enough?

Also, I would like advice on my food plan.

I have whey, and plan on getting meal replacement shakes and multi-vitamins to take daily. QUESTION: Should I really get glutamine and flaxoil seeds? If I really should, when do I take them?

Breakfast: A: Cup of cereal w/skim
B: 1/2 cup of oats w/ half cup of skim
I need more protein here, so should I do a scoop of whey, or egg whites?

Afternoon snack btw classes : Turkey sandwhich on wheat - Do I get cheese or no cheese?

Lunch after class : Salad + ...??

Lift

After lift snack- MRS -- should I do whey right after and this a little later? Or just this right after as a meal and protein booster.

Dinner..??

I am a college student, and would love some simple quick things to do for lunch and dinner. I have a few things in mind, but not many. THANKS.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM #18
He's Ebeneezer Goode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpman View Post
Breakfast: A: Cup of cereal w/skim
B: 1/2 cup of oats w/ half cup of skim
I need more protein here, so should I do a scoop of whey, or egg whites?
According to my oatmeal, a half cup is 150 calories, you should do atleast 1 cup of oats.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:29 PM #19
wgpman

yea but the skim is 40, so thats 190. And I plan on having some egg whites or a scoop of whey which would be another 150 or something. Thats like 350 for breakfast
Old 10-06-2008, 06:06 PM #20
undirected (Banned)

A bowl of cereal/bowl of oats is not going to give you the fuel and nutrition necessary to push yourself, especially with an intense workout or HIIT. You should be aiming for 6 meals a day with the macros (calories, protein, fat, carbs) all split evenly throughout the day. To figure out your diet you first need to get a legitimate RMR test done and find out what you burn at rest, then calculate in the activity factor to find out what you actually burn in a given day with the calories burned from your weekly exercises included. After that is done you can decide whether you want to cut (i.e. take in less calories than you expend in a given day), maintain your current weight, or bulk (take in more calories than you expend in a given day).

For example, at 5'11 and 195lb and doing an intense 5x5 4-day split with 2 days of HIIT per week, my daily calorie expenditure (with an activity factor of about 1.5 - to be conservative - because I do high intensity exercise 6 days per week) or RMR is about 3000 calories. That means that if I wanted to stay at my current weight and continue doing the exercise I do on a weekly basis, I would need to take in about 3000 calories per day. I'm currently cutting so I'm taking in 500-700 less calories per day than I normally would. This means that assuming 2500 total calories are being taken in daily, I need each of my six meals to contain about 400 calories, around 35-40 grams of carbs (more if it's a meal prior to working out because those complex carbs provide energy), 50 or more grams of protein, and no more than ~10 grams of fat.

Last edited by undirected : 10-06-2008 at 06:19 PM.
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote