Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM #1
jmj540

Accidentally shooting the ref in woodsball.

What is your opinion of this?
The ref had his hands looking like he was holding a marker, he is wearing the same color clothes as the entire other team, not wearing a orange vest, and crouching next to a tree. I saw him shot, because I thought that he was one of the other team, and he called me out.
jmj540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2008, 07:52 PM #2
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It all depends on the situation really.

If the ref doesn't think you were paying attention to who you were shooting at or if he thinks that you had ample time to spot and identify him, then he may also call you out.

As a Ref, we try to keep our injuries from players as minimal as possible. It may seem harsh, but this is also our way of making sure that players are paying attention when they're playing, making the game safer.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 PM #3
jmj540

I looked at him for 5 seconds and believed that he was a player, he should have worn an orange safety jacket or something like that.
jmj540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 PM #4
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Arrow ha, sissy ref

if your account is straight, i wouldn't have called you out if it was me. i would have yelled acha though.

what that ref did on the other hand was his call so none of us should really argue the point. sounds like his biggest mistake was hiding behind a tree and not wearing a dayglo vest.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:08 PM #5
musashi1
Fat and Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamorte View Post
if your account is straight, i wouldn't have called you out if it was me. i would have yelled acha though.

what that ref did on the other hand was his call so none of us should really argue the point. sounds like his biggest mistake was hiding behind a tree and not wearing a dayglo vest.
I totaly agree. On the rare occasions that I ref, I wear a big dayglo vest. If for some reason I didn't wear a vest I couldn't justify eliminating a player that shot me. I might yell a bit, as unexpectedly getting shot when your not actually playing is kinda *unsettling*.

If the ref wont go trough the trouble of wearing something brightly colored to indicate that he is indeed a ref, then he's probably to lazy to do a decent job of reffing at all.

Last edited by musashi1 : 01-18-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: clarity. I kinda went completely off topic.
musashi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM #6
PaintballKid1093
Pev's Paintball

i agree. refs should always be wearing colors that point out.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:36 AM #7
Paintball hitman

has been a member for 10 years
Ha how many balls did you hit him with. I let the first 3 go anymore than that I see as intentional. I had a player shoot me in the foot on purpose in the staging area. It turned out he was the bachelor . I proceeded to an open netted area with the group and played a little game of bachelor ball. I had 3 other refs plus 15 guys in the group with rentals . Lets just say when we were done with him he had ran onto an empty field while his bachelor party chased his *** down a surrounded the bunker. I wish i would have got a picture and for the record the paint was polar ice which is probably the worst paint to get off your body besides evil paint.
Paintball hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:33 AM #8
-WM-Illuminati

My team and I once destroyed a couple of refs on accedent and got a thank you from the field owner for doing it........

We were at a big game (300+ players) on a mission to take a small city in the center of the field. After working our way around the city we spotted 3 people wearing camo, green masks, and looking around like they were on patrol. Myself and 2 of my teammates took our spots and shot 2-3 balls each into the "patrol".

All 3 of the guys jumped behind bunkers, hid there, and wiped the paint off. This just pissed us off thinking that they were wiping, so we had the other 5 guys with us attack from the other side as we pushed forward putting fire on the bunkers. Between the 8 of us we must have put 10-25 more hits on each guy untill they started screaming that they were refs and that we were going to be thrown out of the game for our actions.

We were brought before the field owner, and after seeing what the "refs" were wearing as well as our side of the story, he just laughed at the refs and told them to go home if they weren't going to do their job properly. We went back to playing the game. We appolegized to the refs.......

Moral of the story is, if it looks like a player, runs like a player, and hides like a player....SHOOT IT. Any one that has worked as a real ref will understand that. and any ref that acts like a player needs to learn how to make himself visable and recognizable.
www.warmachinepb.com

#1 professional referee team in Brevard
Look for us at Hurricane Paintball Park in Palm Bay.
http://www.hurricanepaintballpark.com/
-WM-Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 AM #9
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
while reffing a large scenario at Travis Airforce Bases' extreme field (2 blocks of abandoned residential housing) I was struck in the head... I was a little dismayed by it, as I was wearing proper ref uniform AND a dayglow vest AND the bright yellow jt spectra. I looked around and about 3 houses away I see a guy with a pump raise his hand - I said "nice shot! but I'm a ref *******!" and he said "My bad! am I out?" I said "Nope"
it would have been lame to call out a play for accidentially shooting a ref - if you shoot a ref on purpose that could be considered assault.. and I have seen it happen.